• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

garlo

Good depth signing in my IMO ...think he will flourish under arnie ...rated him when we lost the scum but hasn't done much at Sydney like old mate bridge ...still think we need an out and out striker but the $$ just isnt there ...blood bernie I say ...so damn keen wish it was October already

Forum Phoenix

On a budget price. I'm happy.
Musialik seems to flourish when well supported in a strong system like ours.
and the scummers don't like it ;D

Funny Garlo, for mine, we have the best strike force we have ever had beginning a season.

Love our squad. Love our coach. Love our system. Love how we play.

LOVE MY MARINERS!!!
:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

garlo

Ohhh Phoenix no doubt it's the strongest it's been for a while! Think Bernie will be a real force and hopefully kwas continues his super sub streak ...but certainly wouldn't turn down a high quality steiker

shipwreck

Once again all the talk is of unproven players being signed for Heart and Adelaide, never mind that we blitzed the comp last year and have an even stronger squad with more time to gel under the new system.....

Go MARINERS!!!

scottmac

Suspended
Once again all the talk is of unproven players being signed for Heart and Adelaide, never mind that we blitzed the comp last year and have an even stronger squad with more time to gel under the new system.....

Go MARINERS!!!

Unproven players at Adelaide?

May want to go and check their roster again.

MagpieMariner

I said before I didn't rate him and didn't want him. However, now we've got him, so it's in the best interests of the club for we fans to give him all the support we can.
Now he's with us, we WANT him to play well.

shipwreck

Yeh but thats the entire point, they are unproven as a squad, we've all seen "great squads" get put together and seen poor results, Perth, Gold Coast even Sydney yet they don't perform as a team.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions, I believe the Mariners are a champion team and consider Adelaide "unproven" as a unit

garlo

Just having a lurk of Josh roses twitter ..in a Conversation he is having with Anthony Mitchell from glory ..Mitchell asks how Griffs lil bro is doing ..then tonight I see Brent griffiths with rostyn, pasfield, macdonald and pellegrino at terrigal pub ...trialling with us or signed in youth ?? Anyone heard anything ?

Forum Phoenix

I agree that AU has made some very impressive signings.
On paper they are serious force - and you would think quite likely it will translate to the field. For me Coolen seems to know what sought of players he's after and so they will likely have a squad more suited to his brand of football this season you would think.
Last year, I commented several times that they looked like a hot and cold "flare" team.
But Coolen had all but no pre season, and inherited much of his squad...
So this year will tell all. If he fails with a squad like that. he's rubbish as far as I'm concerned.

But shipwreck is still bang on the money I believe.
Watching CCM vs Celtic was a real testimony of this for mine.
We held our own in a way I honestly did't think we could. We just look so wonderfully organised. And you simply have to build that, you can't get it on loan, transfer or even buy it. I'm not sure Coolen is as clear in his philosophy/system as Arnie, but we're certainly going to find out.

scottmac

Suspended
Yeh but thats the entire point, they are unproven as a squad, we've all seen "great squads" get put together and seen poor results, Perth, Gold Coast even Sydney yet they don't perform as a team.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions, I believe the Mariners are a champion team and consider Adelaide "unproven" as a unit

Fair enough.

Buit IMO its the best built squad the A-League has seen with a very good mix of players. If Rini can coach then they should sweep all before them.

midfielder

Fair enough.

Buit IMO its the best built squad the A-League has seen with a very good mix of players. If Rini can coach then they should sweep all before them.

Not only AU.... PG has signed heaps of talent [coah is more the issue maybe ?] ... so to has MV signed well ... me thinks this year the overall level of the A-League has stepped up a notch or two... even the Flying Circus [aside from letting Danning go] look like they have improved, Scum as well hughly improved squad from last year... Only the Nix's & Fold seem weaker ... however the Fold have a very young squad and this could mean a steller year or they fall apart... the Nix's well it simply money and will the owner save himself from his ceditors....

Jesus

Jesus
Just having a lurk of Josh roses twitter ..in a Conversation he is having with Anthony Mitchell from glory ..Mitchell asks how Griffs lil bro is doing ..then tonight I see Brent griffiths with rostyn, pasfield, macdonald and pellegrino at terrigal pub ...trialling with us or signed in youth ?? Anyone heard anything ?

He is trialling isnt he?

shipwreck

I agree that AU has made some very impressive signings.
On paper they are serious force - and you would think quite likely it will translate to the field. For me Coolen seems to know what sought of players he's after and so they will likely have a squad more suited to his brand of football this season you would think.
Last year, I commented several times that they looked like a hot and cold "flare" team.
But Coolen had all but no pre season, and inherited much of his squad...
So this year will tell all. If he fails with a squad like that. he's rubbish as far as I'm concerned.

But shipwreck is still bang on the money I believe.
Watching CCM vs Celtic was a real testimony of this for mine.
We held our own in a way I honestly did't think we could. We just look so wonderfully organised. And you simply have to build that, you can't get it on loan, transfer or even buy it. I'm not sure Coolen is as clear in his philosophy/system as Arnie, but we're certainly going to find out.

Amen. Good Post

tsd

so which of our loaned mariners is Musialik's signing to cover the loss off? hutch (like for like) or wilco (grif to CB)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred