• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

shipwreck

He always stood out under Arnie in my opinion, lets not forget how shit Sydney have been and how humble this kid is going to be after moving back in with his Mum...

I reckon we can get a job out of him

pjennings

He always stood out under Arnie in my opinion, lets not forget how shit Sydney have been and how humble this kid is going to be after moving back in with his Mum...

I reckon we can get a job out of him

I think that Arnie will once again get the best out of both Stu and Troy Hearfield

shipwreck

I really hope you are kidding, was happy to get this kid as a replacement for Hutch to allow him to re-unite with Lawrie and get some cash....but as an Australian marquee he is a bit of a joke...

scottmac

Suspended
Jeez, we've come a long way as a forum when something like that gets taken seriously. It used to be guilty untill proven innocent in regards to taking the piss around here. :innocent:

kevrenor

As he isn't signed yet, let me take this opportunity to say ... booooo!!!!

Very over-hyped (and when you are over-hyped by Andy Harper you truly are).

Very expensive signing to play NYL and NSWPL.

As you know as a writer for BOTN I've seen a shiteload of Newcastle and Sydney games and never once have I even been moved to consider him for player points.

scottmac

Suspended
As he isn't signed yet, let me take this opportunity to say ... booooo!!!!

Very over-hyped (and when you are over-hyped by Andy Harper you truly are).

Very expensive signing to play NYL and NSWPL.

As you know as a writer for BOTN I've seen a shiteload of Newcastle and Sydney games and never once have I even been moved to consider him for player points.

TBF it has been noted he is taking a substantial pay cut. Will be a decent option if can gain a renewed vigour after 2 years of lets be honest a torid time @ the rusty bling.

For me this signing is more controversial than Arnie and I was one of his biggest critics last year. If you had of asked me about this one last year I would have been ringing the death bells of CCM.

Gee we have a deep squad this year. Even our youngsters have plenty of experience for their age. Would love a marquee right now.

adz

Staff member
No money for that. hutch has freed up some cash!

No offence mate but your posts are so confusing! You seem to contradict yourself from post to post, and now even in the same one... we have no cash and Hutch leaving has given us a boost of cash... whaaaaaat?? (nevermind that there has been no official announcement on Hutch... although I think we can safely assume that's correct)

Wilsons

a)The Mariners have no money for a Marquee signing.
b)Hutch and hi sfamily are settled in Chins he wont be back until well after the season has started!

scottmac

Suspended
b)Hutch and hi sfamily are settled in Chins he wont be back until well after the season has started!

I've got a feeling he will be back for the ACL. No news, no info, just a hunch.

Marquee

Good Hutch replacement. It's only a one year contract so if things don't work out then we're not stuck with him.

adz

Staff member

I don't think that's true. If the right person was available at the right price, I am sure we could come up with the cash to have a Marquee. Mariners have pretty much been saying this from the start, and we have had Vidmar and Aloi$i. I think Bozza was a "Guest" player.

Do they still have Guest players? That would give a club plenty of ways to rort the salary cap if they wanted to - Marquee Player, Australian Marquee Player, Youth Marquee Player, Guest Player...

shipwreck

To be fair this gives us a shitload of depth in DM, Rostyn will still be favourite as he is immense and has a much better aerial presence, particularly in the box and can chip in with a few goals. However if we have an injury to either Wilko or Dutchy than we have *solid* cover for the DM role in Musialik and *solid* cover for centre back in Rostyn.

There will not be a scenario where both will start unless Pelle and Amini are both injured and we are playing for a draw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred