• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

adz

Staff member
Didn't know we were dumping JV. Did his injury ever properly heal? He was first pick keeper for GCU, seems a bit weird that we would just let him go otherwise?

midfielder

Didn't know we were dumping JV. Did his injury ever properly heal? He was first pick keeper for GCU, seems a bit weird that we would just let him go otherwise?

Agree but when we got Pasfield it sorta made sense as we don't need three top class keepers...

cbowden9000

Not to mention Pasfield's wages would be a hell of a lot less than JVS, and considering Ryan is our first choice it'd be kinda silly to be paying more than we need to.

midfielder

Hutch to be loaned to LM... at Chinese Super League side Chengdu Blades

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1063233/Hutchinson-heads-to-China

Muppet

A good way to keep the wages down. . TBH I don't see hutch getting much game time this season given who is in front of him. He has been a good servant over the years but I think he has failed to keep up with changes to the league. I think he is destined to spend the season in the yoof unless there is an injury concern or he is offered a contract overseas at which point CCM will clear him off the books.

TysonP

Sign up Nicky Travis. The guy was a gun until he had a falling out with Lawrie. I hear he's looking for a contract in the A-League.

Atomic

Sign up Nicky Travis. The guy was a gun until he had a falling out with Lawrie. I hear he's looking for a contract in the A-League.

Umm... no.

I heard the guy was poisonous in the dressing room and judging by his petulant attitude on the field, I can believe it.

As soon as the final whistle blew, Travis would head straight off the field, no acknowledgement of the fans.

We can do better.

scottmac

Suspended

Umm... no.

I heard the guy was poisonous in the dressing room and judging by his petulant attitude on the field, I can believe it.

As soon as the final whistle blew, Travis would head straight off the field, no acknowledgement of the fans.

We can do better.

As a player, I think he would fit very well into our system of play and the bodies we currently have. Just sayin.

shipwreck

Nicky Travis was a bit of a douche.....the impression I got from him on the field was very elitist and completely contradicts the Mariners working class, mates before goals attitude that I love.

Simple truth was he thought he was too good for Australian football, if that attitude has been humbled some what since and Arnie can keep him grounded, who knows, but personally I dont think we need him, Bozanic > Travis

Atomic

As a player, I think he would fit very well into our system of play and the bodies we currently have. Just sayin.

I'm not denying the guy has talent. He has it in bucket loads, and I agree with your sentiment scottmac. It's just that I would hate to see us implode due to divisions in the camp.

I remember the first game of season... whatever it was... 4 I think, when we away to MV (my memory is a bit faded now). Travis came on as a sub in the 2nd half and took a corner. The amount of curl and speed he got on that ball was jaw dropping. I thought to myself that this kid is going to light up this league. Sadly that didn't eventuate. I think it's too convenient to blame Lawrie for his lack of success during his time with us.

midfielder

First Travis may have been good with the ball at his feet .. but he was not good at tracking back ... in fact we lost a couple of matches while he was ball watching his runners...

Also if he was as good as some seem to be saying why does he not have clubs offering deals ...

Olly is better IMO with ball ... we have moved on ...

shipwreck

First Travis may have been good with the ball at his feet .. but he was not good at tracking back ... in fact we lost a couple of matches while he was ball watching his runners...

Also if he was as good as some seem to be saying why does he not have clubs offering deals ...

Olly is better IMO with ball ... we have moved on ...

Agree 100%

Roy Law

From what I read we have decided on a full quota of 22 players - so why would we want Nick Travis? If he wants to come back to the A League he should go to the Phoenix who still have spots to fill.

TysonP

Guys, I was joking. Relax. I thought he was an awesome player with the ball. I haven't seen anyone turn Muscat like he did (to set up Kwassies goal when we pumped them). But I am aware of his flaws.

Olly is much better, and much better than most people think. You will probably see more of him this season. But Olly is also a left sided player... Travis was better in the middle.

He is in Wellington at the moment training to get his fitness back up to scratch for next season (12/13) as far as I know.

scottmac

Suspended
From what I read we have decided on a full quota of 22 players - so why would we want Nick Travis? If he wants to come back to the A League he should go to the Phoenix who still have spots to fill.

So everyone out on loan is coming back hey?

:popcorn:

Atomic

Kwas and Hutch yes... I'm still worried about Wilko. I hear that his Chinese club is very motivated ($$$) to keep him.

Is there anyone else out on loan? (Lawrie aside...lol)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred