• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

scottmac

Suspended
Best indication yet of what we can expect in the way of signings next year.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1049379/Arnold-maps-out-next-assault

"Central Coast Mariners don’t have money and with some players going to China and not having to pay them for four months will give me back some $150,000, which we can use on buying a very good player

"We’ve got some recruitment to do and a couple of positions are open. Nick Mrdja has retired and Chris Doig has gone to Asia.
"I’ll be looking to strengthening the squad because we have a 21-member squad at the moment and six of them were under 18.
"Next season we have the ACL so we need more depth. I need a bit more quality in midfield and another defender."

Also in the interview is his ideas on how the boys will end this season (they are still training) and how we will start the next. Looks like a tourny in Asia to look forward to and plenty of preseason matches to whet the appetite! :eek:verhead:

Roy Law

Told you he wanted a defender :) what's Simon Storey doing since the demise of NQF? Experienced midfielder - Spase Delevski? thus giving us three 'Romanians'...I love speculation :)

Wombat

On the 4-3-3, it's far more likely we'd play two screening midfielders (two sixes rather than two tens), Hutch alongside Griffiths, behind a ten - Amini or Perez or even McBreen.

Hutcho won't be a starting player next season. Too many half arsed performances this year. He is a useful squad player but nothing more. We are looking forward not backwards.

tsd

Perez GONE
Amini AS GOOD AS GONE

how will mariners line up without these guys?

- - - - - ryan - - - - -
ledj - wilko - big pat - rose
- weemac - grif - olly -
- simon - mcbreen - kwasi -

not too excited about this at all.

would love to see (doubtful)...

- - - - - ryan - - - - -
ledj - wilko - big pat - rose
weemac - grif - amini - olly
- - - bernie - - simon - - -

tsd

side note, glinch went out on loan last off season and came back in great form, heres hoping wilko, kwasi and fingers crossed amini come back with a similar level of form increase! BTW anyone want to borrow the rest of the team?

MagpieMariner

"I’ll be looking to strengthening the squad because we have a 21-member squad at the moment and six of them were under 18.
"Next season we have the ACL so we need more depth. I need a bit more quality in midfield and another defender."

Looks like Arnie knew what was coming.

bikinigirl

Looks like Arnie knew what was coming.

. which begs the question (and i can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in the 'perez' thread) ... that perhaps it was not strictly perez's decision

scottmac

Suspended
. which begs the question (and i can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in the 'perez' thread) ... that perhaps it was not strictly perez's decision

No chance and I think its quite ridiculous to think this.

If Arnold said Perez came to him begging to be released from his contract, how in any way can you gather that it was Arnolds intention to rid himself of Perez?

The reason we need more quality in midfield is evident in the fact we had Daniel F**king McBreen playing the #10 role during the GF.

midfielder

Perez GONE

Amini AS GOOD AS GONE

Not so sure on Amini my reading of the tea leafs is he will sign a contract extension with us and we will sell him in the Hal 8 season .. he will be worth a lot more and he has been told in Germany he will be in the junior team ... not playing first team football...

scottmac

Suspended
Not so sure on Amini my reading of the tea leafs is he will sign a contract extension with us and we will sell him in the Hal 8 season .. he will be worth a lot more and he has been told in Germany he will be in the junior team ... not playing first team football...

Thats what they are saying to the media.

bikinigirl

No chance and I think its quite ridiculous to think this.

If Arnold said Perez came to him begging to be released from his contract, how in any way can you gather that it was Arnolds intention to rid himself of Perez?

The reason we need more quality in midfield is evident in the fact we had Daniel F**king McBreen playing the #10 role during the GF.

. and i didn't mention arnie at all

. one of the linked articles actually gives something away in saying that 'enforcing' the contract would have been detrimental to all ... consequently it is beneficial to all if he leaves. arnie also mentioned he could become more susceptible to injury because of his mental state

. i was not saying that arnie was trying to 'rid himself of perez' ... as you said it is quite ridiculous. but mutual (at least in this case) seems to mean mutual ... considering our financial situation it doesn't seem like we argued very hard

scottmac

Suspended
. i was not saying that arnie was trying to 'rid himself of perez' ... as you said it is quite ridiculous. but mutual (at least in this case) seems to mean mutual ... considering our financial situation it doesn't seem like we argued very hard

Agree completely. There were probably a few who breathed a heavy sigh of relief when he came begging.

Sorry about jumping to conclusion's. ( I think I've done that before with you :innocent: )

Fishsdad

How much revamping can he do. I thought I heard that Bernie had signed a senior contract. If he has then I think we are up to 21 players.

Ryan-----------2013
Pasfield-------2013
Rose-----------2012
Zwaanswijk--2012
Wilkinson-----2013
Gallagher-----2012
Sainsbury-----2012
Bojic----------2012
Hearfield-----2013
Griffiths-----2012
Hutchinson----2013
Perez----------2012
Amini----------2012
McGlinchey----2012
Porter---------2012
Bozanic-------2013
Kwasnik-------2013
Simon----------2012
McBreen--------2012
Baird----------2012
Ibini-Isei----2013

My main concern assuming a squad of 22 would be someone that could cover for LB if Josh got injured and also cover for Olly's absences next year.

After that any revamping will need to be as a response to people moving on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred