• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

someguy

I would rather Arnie go for a high quality holding midfielder who has all the attributes of griffiths plus a more cultured passing game and use griifths as centre back cover.

agreed- dropping griffiths back to cb with hutch coming in to dm is not too damaging to the team. no need to buy another holding mf/ centre back when we really already have the quality in those positions; zwaanswijk wilkinson and sainsbury as centre backs with bojic and griffiths as back up should easily be enough cover imo.

cbowden9000

I would rather Arnie go for a high quality holding midfielder who has all the attributes of griffiths plus a more cultured passing game and use griifths as centre back cover.

Jedinak Marquee now that Holger picks A-League players!? :eek:verhead:

Not likely <_<

pjennings

It really depends on how Arnie wants to play next season. He has already said that he played 4-4-2 narrow diamond because he had four central strikers and no speedy wingers.

Will he look to bring in some speed on the wings to give us the flexibility to change as needed?

Olly may be able to fill the left wing role - but we are likely to be without him for periods due to Ol(l)yroo commitments and with it some of the balance we have at the moment with Pedj and Wee-Mac on one side and Rose and Olly on the other.

If that is the case an alternate lineup could be a 4-3-3 of

------------------------Ryan
--------------Wilko-------------Zwaanswijk
Bojic----------------------------------------Rose
---------------------Griffiths
--------McGlinchey--------------Perez
Fast winger-------------------------------Fast Winger
----------------------Simon

garlo

I'd stick with 442 personally but maybe we could attract someone like Williams ...anyone heard what he is doing now fury are gone ?
For me the left overlapping of rose and olly Is too strong to change ATM aswell as pedjinald and glinch

garlo

Also i wish Mcbreen and mrdja well at their new club the Melbourne heart ...they will surely be a force to be reckoned with ...wishful thinking ?

adz

Staff member
What sort of a player is Baird? Would he be in as a main striker or backup? Would this signing indicate which way Arnold is looking for next season's recruitment/tactics...?

T

I'd stick with 442 personally but maybe we could attract someone like Williams ...anyone heard what he is doing now fury are gone ?

Williams is playing with Syd for the Asian Champions but not sure if he has signed longer than that...

Roy Law

If we should lose Amini we could do worse than pick up Aaron Mooy who is getting splinters at St Mirren; same age as Bozanic, two good feet, highly skilled attacking midfielder who has currently lost his way in British football.

scottmac

Suspended
Also i wish Mcbreen and mrdja well at their new club the Melbourne heart ...they will surely be a force to be reckoned with ...wishful thinking ?

Its wishfull thinking that Mrjda will get a spot anywhere. He hasn't been seen for 4 years.

Ancient Mariner

I am going to stir things up a bit.

We do not need another striker.

We have: Simon, Kwassy, Bernie, Mcbreen and Baird. Five players covering 2 positions is already too many.

We do not need another No. 10 even if Musti goes (which I very much doubt). Cover for Perez can be no.1 Musti, no.2 Hutch (a bit slow on distribution, but solid and knows how to score), no. 3 McBreen (watch the replay, I thought he played his best in that role).

Where we need coverage is on the right and the left both mids and backs.

All we really have is Smitta coming back from injury, Lewis and Sainsbury (both very green), and Hearfield I am yet to be convinced.

No more strikers please.

adz

Staff member
I'll bite...

No more strikers please.

Sounds fair, maybe just change the wording then and go with "different" strikers instead of "more".

We aren't exactly ruthless in front of goal. People will say but look how many goals we scored this season, it's heaps, etc, so we must be good and people who say otherwise are expecting too much. I ask how many games have we said we could have buried them but we didn't and lost points? How many games could we have had so many more goals that were dished up on a platter from the midfield and then butchered by the strikers? Example just in the Grand Final where Kwas crossed to Simon, only a few meters out, one on one with the keeper, sprays it wide.

No more strikers please. Different ones.

cbowden9000

Scott McDonald please. Doing shit-all at Boro anyway. Who knows, the A-League could revitalise his career and get him back in Socceroos favour after not being called up for the squad in Germany.

someguy

we DEFINITELY need a new striker. our current strikers- simon/mcbreen/kwasnik are too similar- strong but not too fast. also they are often not clinical enough. also baird sucks. ibini isei and duke are still developing as players. a star striker to play alongside kwasnik/simon is in my opinion the biggest improvement that could be made to the team.

Roy Law

I'm with Ancient Mariner - not because we don't need but simply because squad number restrictions mean we can only have so many. We need a CB and a LB and we don't have that many vacancies to provide flexibilty in the squad

garlo

Just saw Maty Ryan and Bernie working at the sunglass hut at Westfield ...surely they don't nerd a second job ?

pjennings

I'm with Ancient Mariner - not because we don't need but simply because squad number restrictions mean we can only have so many. We need a CB and a LB and we don't have that many vacancies to provide flexibilty in the squad

LB yes - less so with CB - Griffiths can cover CB with Hutch dropping into DM.

Marquee

Scott McDonald please. Doing shit-all at Boro anyway. Who knows, the A-League could revitalise his career and get him back in Socceroos favour after not being called up for the squad in Germany.

LOL. Sorry Chris but we are 500k in the red, not the other way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred