• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Forum Phoenix

2011/12

Keep Matty, Kwas and I guess Baird is in... Lose Mrdja and McBreen.
Sign Bernie and then SPEND practically EVERYTHING else we have on another quality striker. Use youth for any other positions that we are concerned about depth for - as per this year. Baring in mind we have Hutch, Lewis, Porter and Hearfield as quality cover already...

If Musty goes, the #10 position is the only possible real concern for me.
Maybe sign Panni Nikas as cover? He can play top or bottom of the diamond.

warlord

hello to all you great mariners supporters I have been reading and following your site for a long time now but decided to register this morning to see if anyone can put my mind at rest and tell me if Michael McGlinchey is still with us next season??? must say the open training session on wednesday was a great afternoon. The boys put a smile on every kids faces it was great to see. Waved the boys good bye this morning at the waterfront. Good to see so many of us their wishing our boys the best for tomorrows big game. Go you yellows
he signed the 2 year contract in january dont know why it hasnt be announced

cbowden9000

This season we have had:

Dutchy re-sign for 1 year,
Pedj re-sign for 1 year,
Wilko re-sign for 2 years
McGlinchey re-sign for 2 years,
Bernie sign for 2 years,

I agree that if Musty goes, signing Panni Nikas as cover for Perez would be a smart move as he is a quality player, has been with us before and should be relatively cheap.

Roy Law

Panny Nikas? Top of the diamond, yes; bottom, you are having a laugh. Not that I think he is good enough for the A league anyway

Muppet

Spoke to Weemac when they arrived back in Gosford yesterday and he did confirm that he has signed with us for another two years which is great news. In terms of strikers I think that we have a plethora of them at the moment. My thoughts:

1. Keep Kwas and Matt - They seem to play well together
2. Get rid of Mrdja and McBreen. Both are a waste of space.
3. Sign Bernie to a three year deal with the Seniors. He is a star in the making.
4. Get Baird fit. He played well under GA previously I am sure he will do so again.

Roy Law

Arnie said he has nineteen under contract - which includes McBreen and Hutch, both of whom were rumoured to leave in January - and said he has more youngsters 'in my back pocket' which indicates that he is unlikely to be looking elsewhere to fill in the gaps but instead continue to encourage the youth (he said he has three or four - Duke, Fitzgerald, Oates, Mallia ???).
Pasfield, Ryan; Bojic, Hearfield, Wilkinson, Zwaanswijk, Sainsbury, Gallagher, Rose; McGlinchey, Porter, Griffiths, Hutchinson, Bozanic, Perez, Amini; McBreen, Simon, Kwasnik, Baird, Bernie = 21. Perhaps someone is going soon?

Muppet

Not to start a rumour but I believe Trent may be heading to Sheffield United or another European based club. It depends if Lawrie allows him to go. It stands to reason that he (and Matt, Bernie and Musti) need to maintain match fitness ahead of the World Cup. The only way that they will do this is heading O/S. if things go well they may be offered a contract while over there.

elevated position

From that Roy as the nominated yoof will continue to train with the top team and as the yoof team have been training at Castle Hill and Westfields Sports High (Creepy Crawley's old stomping ground) there might/should be an influx of new youngsters for Walmsley(?) and he already has a few that are not far behind your nominated yoof players.

Already looking forward to this development. Now if they start the COE (yawn)

scoober

From that Roy as the nominated yoof will continue to train with the top team and as the yoof team have been training at Castle Hill and Westfields Sports High (Creepy Crawley's old stomping ground) there might/should be an influx of new youngsters for Walmsley(?) and he already has a few that are not far behind your nominated yoof players.

Already looking forward to this development. Now if they start the COE (yawn)

on the COE..... my daughter does tennis at club tuggerah, in the monthly newsletter it stated "due to the Mariners development 7 tennis courts are about to be removed to make way for construction"

marinermick

Arnie said in the post-match press conference that he will be looking for a few quality experienced players to bring his squad up to a new level.

Marquee

It's all gonna depend on player movements in the next few weeks. We are waiting to see about Musti, McBreen and Hutch.

I think Hutch will stay and hope that McBreen moves on and Musti stays.

With 2 foreign spots to use (assuming FFA don't adjust it) I think we will see those said experienced players to be a striker and a midfielder (prob DM). With the ACL, we'd have to use the 3+1 rule or be prepared to drop 1 or 2 players come ACL, so that is gonna impact the squad too.

RM/RB is covered well with Glinch, Pedj, Porter, Sainsbury and Hearfield.

The left side is weaker. Lewis and Gallagher are the only backups and I'm not even sure Lewis will stay.

If Musti leaves, we will need cover for Perez and will no doubt be relied upon at some stage. Fitzy from youth is an option, as is Nikas.

It will be a long, but interesting off-season.

cbowden9000

Spoke to Hutch yesterday and he confirmed that he will see out his contract with the Mariners (still another 2 seasons left with us). He said after 3 Grand Final losses he's not going to leave until we win one. What a legend.

dibo

Spoke to Hutch yesterday and he confirmed that he will see out his contract with the Mariners (still another 2 seasons left with us). He said after 3 Grand Final losses he's not going to leave until we win one. What a legend.

Good news. With the way the team's playing around him, he looks a different player.

If that makes no sense, i'll put it another way - he is good at keeping the ball, but he relies on movement. He won't send a ball if there's nobody moving for it, so when we're shit, he's passing the ball back and sideways and gets booed, when the real issue is the people in front of him not finding space and moving into good positions.

[See: MUSIALIK, Stuart.]

someguy

squad for next year should be in my opinion:
starting xi:
----------------ryan,
bojic, wilkinson, zwaanswijk, rose
--------------griffiths
-----mcglinchey---------bozanic
----------------perez
-------Simon----------SOMEONE NEW- must be a genuinely potent striker with pace and skill threatening- looking back, our attempt to poach paul ifill wouldve been a total masterstroke. david williams anyone?

rest of squad:
gk-
pasfield- probably a lot to be spending on a guy to sit on the beanch for a season. would rather someone cheaper and possibly more experienced to help develop ryan as a player. eg henderson. bring back bozza?

defence-
sainsbury- but only for central defence

midfield-
porter, hearfield, lewis- backup for wide midfield AND wide defence. not sure if theres room for all these three in the squad (although having said that, theyre probably not too much of a financial burden)
hutchinson- interchangeable with griffiths, deserves his place.
amini- as long as he stays. if not, buy another young attacking mid (ie cheap young player with no real expectation as perez should hold the attacking midfield role- like amini at the start of last season)

attack-
kwasnik- should be the main backup forward- hopefully some more supersub performances?
duke, ibini isei- both these guys have shown they are already up to a-league standard- let alone as they continue to get better.
thats all. 21 players.
average a-league games (of included players): 49
average age: 24
- great mix of youth and experience

this means leaving out:
mrdja- had a few good periods in there, but now off contract and w/ injury problems a constant worry, time to say goodbye?
vanstratten- just no room for someone of his price/ ability with 2 other a-league quality keepers at the club.
mcbreen- came with high hopes/ expectations, but has never really lived up to them. probably wouldve had a better time in a mariners team of seasons past. hopefully we can find somewhere to send him- back to perth?
gallagher- as shown by this season, just not needed in this squad. good luck to him
michael baird- bad signing. not the ability given our other strikers, and NOT needed. really hope he is not kept for next season, although that means finding somewhere to send him?

Roy Law

My guess is that one of the more experienced players that Arnie wants would be a CB to replace Doig, we are very skinny there if we rely on Sainsbury and Gallagher.

midfielder

Must applaud the idea as some have suggested of grabbing our best younger players in Musty, Trent , Berrine ... sending them to top Europe clubs to continue to train in preparation for the youth WC ... Especially if they can be placed in their academies with accommodation and meals thus we only pay air fares....

Hopefully Duke and maybe one or two others as well...Just imagine how this could improve them as players and people then imagine how every top talented young player in the country will see the centre of excellence and the way we treat our youth .... making us the team they want to play for... as is Management long held goal for us...

style_cafe

squad for next year should be in my opinion:
starting xi:
----------------ryan,
bojic, wilkinson, zwaanswijk, rose
--------------griffiths
-----mcglinchey---------bozanic
----------------perez
-------Simon----------SOMEONE NEW- must be a genuinely potent striker with pace and skill threatening- looking back, our attempt to poach paul ifill wouldve been a total masterstroke. david williams anyone?

rest of squad:
gk-
pasfield- probably a lot to be spending on a guy to sit on the beanch for a season. would rather someone cheaper and possibly more experienced to help develop ryan as a player. eg henderson. bring back bozza?

defence-
sainsbury- but only for central defence

midfield-
porter, hearfield, lewis- backup for wide midfield AND wide defence. not sure if theres room for all these three in the squad (although having said that, theyre probably not too much of a financial burden)
hutchinson- interchangeable with griffiths, deserves his place.
amini- as long as he stays. if not, buy another young attacking mid (ie cheap young player with no real expectation as perez should hold the attacking midfield role- like amini at the start of last season)

attack-
kwasnik- should be the main backup forward- hopefully some more supersub performances?
duke, ibini isei- both these guys have shown they are already up to a-league standard- let alone as they continue to get better.
thats all. 21 players.
average a-league games (of included players): 49
average age: 24
- great mix of youth and experience

this means leaving out:
mrdja- had a few good periods in there, but now off contract and w/ injury problems a constant worry, time to say goodbye?
vanstratten- just no room for someone of his price/ ability with 2 other a-league quality keepers at the club.
mcbreen- came with high hopes/ expectations, but has never really lived up to them. probably wouldve had a better time in a mariners team of seasons past. hopefully we can find somewhere to send him- back to perth?
gallagher- as shown by this season, just not needed in this squad. good luck to him
michael baird- bad signing. not the ability given our other strikers, and NOT needed. really hope he is not kept for next season, although that means finding somewhere to send him?

McBreen is originally from Newcastle...but I`ll settle on Perth cos it`s further away... :pirashoot:

Woodsy

Another season is over unfortunately. Next season seems so far away but the countdown is on already in my house so hope the off season goes fast. One thing i think is well worth making mention of is how lucky our club is to have our local boy Olly Bozanic on our team. Not only is he a talented young player on the field he is also a great role model off the field. This season on many occasions after a game Olly has always made extra effort to embrace the fans once the game is over. This may seem minor to some but to the kids its great. Win, lose or draw he has always approached the fans with a smile on his face and has always been more than happy to sign the kids stuff as well as stop for photos and a quick chat. What a great young talented kid with a bright future ahead of him. I had the pleasure of talking with Olly at the waterfront when the team returned from Brisbane and i commended him for his efforts this year with the fans. He has definately won the hearts of all my family members. What a great role model for the local juniors.If the central coast can produce more kids like Olly imagine the talent we will have here in years to come.

marinermick

My guess is that one of the more experienced players that Arnie wants would be a CB to replace Doig, we are very skinny there if we rely on Sainsbury and Gallagher.

I would rather Arnie go for a high quality holding midfielder who has all the attributes of griffiths plus a more cultured passing game and use griifths as centre back cover.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred