• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

mariners4ever

. nicely timed considering pedj's situation :naughty:

EDIT: just realised this is not the right thread for such a comment although relevant to the above post at this point in time (sorry)

still off topic, even if doig was still here, arnie would probably go with sainsbury on the right for bojic, and now with doig gone, and we're desperate for a defender on the bench, why not chuck sam gallagher on there ??

pommypete

Chris Doig departs for IndonesiaMonday, 28 February 2011 by Glen Lauder

00035605-image.jpg
Chris Doig Central Coast Mariners / John Dewberry © Central Coast Mariners The Central Coast Mariners can confirm that Defender Chris Doig has left the club to join Indonesian Super League side Pelita Jaya with immediate effect.

Doig’s playing time during the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season has been limited following the arrival of Dutchman Patrick Zwaanswijk, and leaves with the club’s best wishes as he moves on to the opportunity of regular game time in one of Asia’s biggest leagues.

“I couldn’t have been more impressed with Doigy’s attitude this season, while not getting too much game time he has been a true professional around the boys and the way he has conducted himself has been a real credit.

“It’s sad to see a guy like that move on, but we all understand the need for footballers to be playing regularly, and we wish him all the best,” said Mariners Head Coach Graham Arnold.

Doig played 26 games for the Mariners during his two seasons at Bluetongue Stadium, after arriving from English League One side Northampton Town prior to the 2009/10 season, however injury frustratingly punctuated much of his time with the Yellow and Navy.

The 30-year-old will link up with his new club early this week, and will therefore not play any further part in the Mariners Finals Series campaign, which continues this Saturday night in a blockbuster Preliminary Final against Gold Coast United at Bluetongue Stadium.

The Central Coast Mariners next match of the Hyundai A-League 2011 Finals Series will be against Gold Coast United this Saturday, 5 March at Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford. Kick-off is at 7:00pm AEDT and tickets are available at www.ticketek.com.au or on 132 849. Tickets are currently on sale to mariners and Gold Coast Members only, and will go on sale to the FFA’s “Football Family” at 9:00am tomorrow, before being released to the general public at 9:00am Wednesday.

© Central Coast Mariners

midfielder

What are the odds Bojic wont be in the first team round one of next season but be regular first team player again by round 5.
Meaning I guess you think Trent will be the first choice and then be found wanting ... not so sure on either count ... i.e. that Trent would be choosen first or than if choosen he would be found wanting ... he has improved each game he has played and I think has the better pass of the two...

mariners4ever

one james oates might have something to say to both of them

i highly rate oates, very good player, as a DM though, the one game i've watched him play out of position he played terrible, and as soon as sam munro went off and jimmy went back into DM he played much better. hopefully he'll be signed up to a contract next season

Wombat

What are the odds Bojic wont be in the first team round one of next season but be regular first team player again by round 5.

?? Surely you dont think Hearfield would be given first go at RB. Pedj has been outstanding this year and is streets ahead of Hearfield and a postcode ahead on Sainsbury.

nero

If saintbury plays this saturday, GC will target him (which smeltz will make the most of). Yes he had an outstanding game against GC last time, but this is a totally different game.
Is Bojic able to contest this red card (from the replay it looked like he got the ball)?

Matt--Simon

?? Surely you dont think Hearfield would be given first go at RB. Pedj has been outstanding this year and is streets ahead of Hearfield and a postcode ahead on Sainsbury.

Not saying one player is better than the other. Just Pedj has fought for his first team spot the last few seasons and forced other players out of the RB position.

Bladesman

Yellow cards reset for finals with players allowed to accumulate 3 before a ban according to Simin Hill in the GC/Adelaide match.

timmers

Just had a quick look...

Pedj (1 match ban for Red Card)

1 Yellow

McGlinchey
Bozanic (keep your shirt on mate!!!)
Zwaanswijk

scottmac

Suspended
Now that we have qualified for the ACL next year and with the Mariners known for not signing big dollar players there will be added incentive for our youth guys to hold on for another season rather than chase a spot in the roster of another team. They can expect much game time with the later start to the season and our involvement in the ACL overlapping with the regular season by somewhere in the region of 4 - 8 weeks. Exciting times to be a Mariner and I hope that we get the recruitment right this off season in regards to the ACL.

hasbeen

Matt Ryan has just been named NAB Young Footballer of the Year. Congrats, and well deserved too, can only imagine just how good he might be in a few year's time.

Bladesman

Matty Ryan was interview on the big sports breakfast this morning and they asked him about going overseas and if he had heard any rumblings of offers and he confrimed that there was some speculation bubbling away. It would be great if we could keep him for another year but with the signing of Pasfield I wonder if therre were already rumblings mid season. Sheffield United are on the look out in the Goalkeeping department although I am not sure he would want to be playing at a League 1 club as religation is looking likley :-(

kevrenor

Matty Ryan was interview on the big sports breakfast this morning and they asked him about going overseas and if he had heard any rumblings of offers and he confrimed that there was some speculation bubbling away. It would be great if we could keep him for another year but with the signing of Pasfield I wonder if therre were already rumblings mid season. Sheffield United are on the look out in the Goalkeeping department although I am not sure he would want to be playing at a League 1 club as religation is looking likley :-(

Far, far too young for a keeper to be going overseas!

MagpieMariner

Surely if we knew midseason that Matty was goin o/s, we would have tried to get someone better than Pasfield. I don't think Danny had signed for the Sandgropers at that time had he?
Or are we going to keep JVS and Pasfield is his backup?

typool

it's never too young for anyone to go overseas if they are ready, each case is different with each individual player.
Mitch Langerak at Dortmund so far has proven a good move or since he has only played 1 game will prove to be a good move at the tender age of 22

Not that i want Matty to leave just yet

Bladesman

I have to agree with Typool if you are good enough you are old enough but he does need to make sure the move is the right one. Also have to consider the fact that we should get some transfer $$ if he moves when under contract as opposed to as a free agent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred