• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Deej

Doig will not be here next year, is on good money and considered third choice CB, GA obviously feels that money can be better spent or saved.

If Dutchy re-signs like Wilks then we'll see no changes at the back and perhaps a younger cheaper back up?

I think we'll get another striker also, a lot depends on whether McBreen stays.

Realistically we'll see Doig go, Mrdja and Lewis perhaps? Warren already gone, perhaps Hutch if he gets another gig somewhere? Not many spots to fill.

scottmac

Suspended
So we need a CB and a striker plus left side cover x 2 and maybe another striker and DM. Ibini I think will get a gig which leaves a CB and 2 left side players (maybe both youth, whats the left side like without Warren there?) plus the maybe's.

Bladesman

If Kwassie is off contract as is indicated at the start of this thread then I would let him and the oxygen thief go and take a punt on Bernie and Duke given what they have shown.

Deej

If Kwassie is off contract as is indicated at the start of this thread then I would let him and the oxygen thief go and take a punt on Bernie and Duke given what they have shown.

Kwas is staying mate, has his good games and bad games but can pop up with some vital goals (as proven this year), good squad player. Mrdja gone, Baird already signed so if we get another striker that's 5 in the squad unless McBreen makes way?

Forum Phoenix

Can confirm that we have signed a striker for next season on a 2 year deal. No source. No name. Deal with it.

:naughty:

Sorry CB, but I'm not even _CLOSE_ to dealing with that!
ADZ, the crying smiley isn't working for some reason?
Sooooo... it looks like Mr CB will just have to "deal" with the ol angry smiley!
:angry:
So now how YOU dealing CB!!?
HUH?? HERE GET ANOTHER ONE UP YA :angry:

Worst form of torture is forum new signing torture.

:soapbox:

Roy Law

Another striker? Simon, McBreen, Kwasnik, Baird plus new player (?)- so what hope does that give Bernie or Duke? Unless of course the striker is Kwasnik :)
Somebody must be moving on...

cbowden9000

Lost Doig, gained Troy Hearfield:

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spsoc/Detail.aspx?id=190991

A win-win IMO

cbowden9000

These are great moves by the club. Doig was on a big wage and was also taking up a visa spot and he wasn't even playing. With him gone it will free up a lot of cap space.

We have now signed Hearfield who can play at both RB and RM which is great cover for Bojic and McGlinchey. I don't know where this leaves Brad Porter though.

I am very happy with this series of events. Forza Mariners!

cbowden9000

:naughty:

Sorry CB, but I'm not even _CLOSE_ to dealing with that!
ADZ, the crying smiley isn't working for some reason?
Sooooo... it looks like Mr CB will just have to "deal" with the ol angry smiley!
:angry:
So now how YOU dealing CB!!?
HUH?? HERE GET ANOTHER ONE UP YA :angry:

Worst form of torture is forum new signing torture.

:soapbox:

:piralaugh:

cbowden9000

They're both going on loan. I presume they'll both be here next year.

Doig's contract is up though. After the loan deal he'll be a free agent. I can't imagine we'd resign him for the aforementioned reasons. Plus all the talk about him being very unhappy with us due to his lack of game-time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred