• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Bex

Put yourself in Wilko's position....if a rep from Sydney FC phoned you and offered you a e.g. $50,000 pay rise, you would consider it seriously would you not? And if your own club refused to match it or at least offer a bit more then you would certainly be wondering whether the club values your contribution as much as they should.

Glad to see Wilko choose to stay :)

bikinigirl

Put yourself in Wilko's position....if a rep from Sydney FC phoned you and offered you a e.g. $50,000 pay rise, you would consider it seriously would you not? And if your own club refused to match it or at least offer a bit more then you would certainly be wondering whether the club values your contribution as much as they should.

Glad to see Wilko choose to stay :)

. exactly ... but i would be interested to know how different the respective offers were

. wouldn't surprise me if he 'settled' for less than he could have got elsewhere ... and i will keep myself content with that thought B)

Marquee

With the emergence of Bernie and Duke, the question is where does that leave Baird. TBH both youngsters showed more in the Gold Coast game than we have seen from Baird since he got here, even without adding their goals to the equation.

Obviously he needs time to gel but if we wanted cheap, quick strikers I'd much rather promote the youth. Also, Baird's spot in the squad could mean the difference between keeping our talent and losing them, particularly with the rumours of Adelaide's interest in Duke.

dibo

Baird is the oddest decision that Arnie has made so far it seems. If you've got three front-liners (Simon, McBreen, Kwasnik) and two talented kids (Duke, Ibini) then it begs the question - what do we need Baird for?

That said, Arnie might be thinking we won't have all of them next year. But Baird looks about as likely to score in the A-League as I do, and I'm no more a striker than I am an antique rocking horse. So unless he's *very* cheap, it's an entirely mystifying buy.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah I agree strongly with both those lasts posts.

Really like to sign both these kids as our back up strikers. I think Roar and us in particular have proved young Australian talent is the way forward. Also players like Petratos and Antonis VS Carle and Brosque SFC and there's many other examples around the league - and not only is it better for the clubs but also long term for Australian football.

scottmac

Suspended
Baird is only an odd desicion because Duke and Ibini scored on debut. Arnie had no idea how they would handle first team and coming into a finals series if you have any injuries you need experience on the bench. Especially for those pressure games. Come next week Bluetounge will be close to if not a sellout and if there is no Simon or Kwas would you thrust an 18 yr old with 70 odd minutes of first team football onto the field?

Baird can play. He was talked up at the start of the season. He is not the only one to have performed poorly over in the west and the fact that he is so far off fitness speaks volumes for Perths form more than his.

I am willing to give Baird some time to prove Arnie right. Arnie has earned it.

As for the kids I would love to keep both but lets see who disapears at the end of the season. There wont be too many other clubs that can offer the chances we can.

Muppet

Baird is the oddest decision that Arnie has made so far it seems. If you've got three front-liners (Simon, McBreen, Kwasnik) and two talented kids (Duke, Ibini) then it begs the question - what do we need Baird for?

That said, Arnie might be thinking we won't have all of them next year. But Baird looks about as likely to score in the A-League as I do, and I'm no more a striker than I am an antique rocking horse. So unless he's *very* cheap, it's an entirely mystifying buy.

With Baird on a one year contract I suspect Arnie had an eye on getting him fit for next year, not this year. It gives him 12 months to prove himself or be cut loose. Could it be that Kwas or McBreen are on the chopping block at the end of this season?

Statue

Shut the Gate Dibo

Deej

With Baird on a one year contract I suspect Arnie had an eye on getting him fit for next year, not this year. It gives him 12 months to prove himself or be cut loose. Could it be that Kwas or McBreen are on the chopping block at the end of this season?

McBreen still has 1 year left, the only way he will leave is if another club is interested and he agrees to terms so Mariners can release him. Kwasnik however I believe may have agreed to terms for a further 2 seasons.

Marquee

Just read this article about Pasfield getting suspended for two matches for stomping on Barbarouses. Now considering that Fury only have one game left to play this season, will that suspension continue on to next season with us?

Marquee

True, but Pasfield is a lot cheaper than sitting JVS on the bench and as far as I know, we don't have another Ryan waiting in the wings.

Marquee

Yeah I guess Nik is a good talent too. He was injured for 'The Chance' but still did well. It's definitely an interesting topic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred