• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Wombat

"Norman Bites yer legs" was "THE" most famous banner in England in the early 70`s.

How fitting would "Simon bites yer legs" be...lol

Perfect.

I think someone might have given Matty a DVD of Leeds from the 1970's. Best team in country but also the most hated and known as "Dirty Leeds".

Matty would have fitted in at Leeds!

Roy Law

And here's a funny story from those days - I was playing Centreback in a Surrey Cup tie; every time I tackled the centre forward it seemed he fell over (in the days before diving). He was a Scot and after the game, which we won, he shook my hand and said 'well played, a bit hard, but fair'
I thought nothing of it until the next week in Glasgow I was on the terraces, watching England play Scotland - with the afore mentioned Yogi Hughes, standing in a crowd of 135,000 baying blood thirty Scots who absolutely hated the English...when the guy next to me said 'hello, what are you doing here?' - it was the same guy I had kicked around the park the week before! In a crowd of 135,000 that's some coincidence - luckily he said 'it's alright, I won't tell anyone you're English!" :)

Marquee

Reports coming out of Wellington say that we have signed Troy Hearfield. He's a former scummer who I'd say is a good backup option with versatility but not a standout.

cbowden9000

Reports coming out of Wellington say that we have signed Troy Hearfield. He's a former scummer who I'd say is a good backup option with versatility but not a standout.

Decent right-sided back-up for Pedj and McGlinchey, but wouldn't be starting. That's really the only area of the park we don't have cover though because of Porter which is good.

Bex

Yeh would be good to have cover for pedj during the finals...would hate to see us forced to move walk back out there or have to put Sainsbury in there for a Grand final when he isn't getting much A-league time now

marinermick

Yeh would be good to have cover for pedj during the finals...would hate to see us forced to move walk back out there or have to put Sainsbury in there for a Grand final when he isn't getting much A-league time now

would imagine that this signing, if true, would kick in next season

wellington would hardly release their right back when they are also in finals contention

cbowden9000

He has played all up the right side from RB-RM-RW at some stage. Would provide excellent cover for us. Good signing if true IMO.

Marquee

Sorry I thought that by posting in the 2011/2012 thread it was automatically assumed the signing was for next season, as Mick said.

Forum Phoenix

:blink:
Wow, I'm clearly in the minority then as I don't rate Hearfield at all and think this would be a very poor signing.

The one interview I have seen he seemed to have an inflated opinion of himself.
I don't like his temperament on the field. He's a poor decision maker from what Iv'e seen and I must have watched at least 50 odd games of his. Lacks skills on the ball - he certainly tries the runs and to take men on, but nearly always seems to fail. And his background? At least he had the sense to leave, but signing our first ex scummer certainly goes against the grain.

As cover for the finals I could understand at least...
But for next season?
:headbutt:

SURELY we could do better??

If Sainsbury isn't thought of as being up to it, (Which I still think he may be by then) there must be another decent RB or two playing in the youth league?? Much rather give a new kid a chance than invest in a player whose well and truly proven to be very average at best.

BUT IN ANY CASE, for cover we have Porter coming back? He's definitely better than Hearfield for mine, so I'm completely baffled by this.

I hope it's just idle twaddle.
:angry:

Bah Humbug.

Wombat

Agree with FP. Poor player everytime i've watched him. Still, better than Sainsbury at this stage but no better than Porter at RB.

pjennings

Arnie had him in the U23 national team. He must see something in him and Arnie's recruitment has been pretty good. I'll give Arnie the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

scottmac

Suspended
He's a poor decision maker from what Iv'e seen and I must have watched at least 50 odd games of his. Lacks skills on the ball - he certainly tries the runs and to take men on, but nearly always seems to fail. And his background?

You seem to have described Pedj rather well here but still he provides brilliant peformances week in week out.

If it were to happen I would be dissapointed for Sainsbury (unless hes off somewhere else) but at the same time happy we have back up for Pedj of similar quality.

BaysideMariner

Jesus christ, wtf?. IMO he is a poor pickup. Arnie has done well with his recruitment in the past and deserves the chance to improve the player. I just feel that now we have picked up two ordinary players in Baird and Hearfield.

Please sort them out Graham as I would love to be proven wrong!

Atomic

I wouldn't be too quick to condemn this decision. Does anyone know what the roster budget is? I suspect we can't afford to fork out the full salary cap or maybe we are saving our pennies to acquire a big name down the track. Maybe WeeMac is asking for a well deserved pay increase. Whatever the scenario, I think Hearfield is a good squaddie to have in the roster. Perhaps Sainsbury's performance against Sydney spooked Arnie somewhat, or, as someone has suggested, Sainsbury's off somewhere else???

Whatever the reason, I'll adopt my usual wait and see position (which I'm currently in after the acquisition of Baird)

Bladesman

I think it is a good signing but would see it as cover/competition for the right midfield spot. I think although Sainsbury struggled in the Brisbane and Sydney games he showed enough against Newcastle to suggest that he will make it, could be more for the 12/13 season with Hearfield being the RB/RM cover next year. After all the stronger the squad the better, especially if we qualify for Asia it is going to be very important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred