• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

style_cafe

The thought of a marquee drawing an extra 5k through the gates is as tempting as it is misleading I fear. A marquee will bring the curious and the hitherto disinterested, but probably won't keep them. There are at least ten non-marquee players on the park who need to join together to comprise a *team* that draws the fans.

Drawing fans is a difficult ask too. Look at Brisbane - sensational football, loads of goals, great players and win plenty but wouldn't draw a bumper crowd if you promised them all that they'd get ten minutes ploughing Megan Gale after the match.

The only thing you're guaranteed with a marquee is a big wage bill. There's got to be something else there. What that something is is anybody's guess.

"wouldn't draw a bumper crowd if you promised them all that they'd get ten minutes ploughing Megan Gale after the match."

Getting to the front of the queue would be my priority!!! Geezz... Imagine being last...yeeeechhhhhh

bikinigirl

From BBC sport...

Motherwell sign Michael McGlinchey from Mariners
Motherwell have completed the loan signing of New Zealand international midfielder Michael McGlinchey...

Ok heart attacks may cease now.

Dated Feb 1st...
:D

Thats pretty ancient news ancient mariner.
:p

Perhaps they are after another loan deal at seasons end?
Gets to go home see the relo's, maybe play a few minutes off the bench and get paid for it.
??

. to be fair it was listed on the site linked in another thread about the value of players

. it was under the heading 'latest news' that the wee-man had signed with motherwell from NZ outfit CC Mariners ... yes it said we were kiwis!

timmers

I'd rather we spend our extra coin on a top striker.

That is the only spot where we need a better first team starter.

shipwreck

Paul Reid....hmm thanks for the goss Mick, not sure how I feel about this tho!

I remember reading an old school football book about the rise of kewell emerton and Reid, the nsw coach at the time said Reid was by far the best out of the three of them, but still where would he play in our team?

Forum Phoenix

Reid? ok...
As Mick said, he is a very consistent player.
He's not as mobile and I'm not quite sure he has the passing range to be my idea of exactly what we need in a DM with this current team... But he is certainly rock solid and would undoubtedly do a decent job for us... Better than Griffiths? Quite possibly I think. But similar to Hutch, I'm not as sure of his forward movement.

Perhaps some others know better?

Marquee

I'm a fan of Paul Reid. He was a big part of Adelaide's Champions league run to the final. Plenty of experience and has notched a few assists this year.

Marquee

Reports of Jonas Salley interested in returning to the A-league. Wonder if he has improved much in China? Would prefer Paul Reid I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred