• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

style_cafe

Paul Reid is a mate of John Crawley`s (They played together at Macarthur)so I`m guessing that JC would have some input in chatting with him.
It would also put Reid closer to his family so it could be a good move for him.

timmers

"Shane Smeltz has all but ruled out another stint overseas and says he will look for a contract in the Hyundai A-League when his new short-term marquee deal with Gold Coast United expires at the end of the season."

Thoughts?

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=38044

Roy Law

Yeah, he could do a job for us but I would only want him if his salary is within our salary cap. Golden Boot or not I don't think we could justify paying him marquee wages when we have players like McGlinchey, Perez, Zwaanswijk who are paid salaries within the cap.

someguy

Yeah, he could do a job for us but I would only want him if his salary is within our salary cap. Golden Boot or not I don't think we could justify paying him marquee wages when we have players like McGlinchey, Perez, Zwaanswijk who are paid salaries within the cap.

agree- id rather try to find someone really classy but maybe not for such a high price- eg zwaanswijk.

Wombat

Reid? ok...
As Mick said, he is a very consistent player.
He's not as mobile and I'm not quite sure he has the passing range to be my idea of exactly what we need in a DM with this current team... But he is certainly rock solid and would undoubtedly do a decent job for us... Better than Griffiths? Quite possibly I think. But similar to Hutch, I'm not as sure of his forward movement.

Perhaps some others know better?

I'm also a fan of Reid. A far superior player than Hutcho and ultra consistent. Drives forward quite well and passing is very accurate. Griffiths has massive potential and probably wouldn't be happy to sit on the bench.
I'd like to sign Reid but not to the detriment of Rostyn so maybe we should spend our money on a quality striker.

Roy Law

I am guessing that we were after Reid because it was likely Hutch was moving on (but that move has fallen through)?

pjennings

I am guessing that we were after Reid because it was likely Hutch was moving on (but that move has fallen through)?

Well if the new rumours are true about Hutch - is this back on. Apparently GCU are looking at him as well.I like Reid - but really don't want to see Rostyn lose out. When Rostyn was signed Arnie talked of him as a CB - maybe he will slot back after Dutchy goes at the end of next season (if the rumour of Dutchy's option being agreed is true).

Forum Phoenix

PJ,

Could you please, never, ever, again, elude to the fact that one day Dutchy will leave us?
At the very least please wait until the day its actually happening... Even then I would think at least 4 weeks of solid denial would be in order!!

Cheers
FP
;)

Roy Law

That would be Norman 'Bites your legs' Hunter...I used to, many years ago, wear the No.6 jersey and the team wore white

style_cafe

That would be Norman 'Bites your legs' Hunter...I used to, many years ago, wear the No.6 jersey and the team wore white

"Norman Bites yer legs" was "THE" most famous banner in England in the early 70`s.

How fitting would "Simon bites yer legs" be...lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred