• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Allreet?

While I broadly agree, every time I watch the Socceroos I always feel like Duke is literally the least of the problems of that team. At least he gets on the board moderately often compared to anyone else and puts the effort in - he's not great at that level, but there's half a dozen I'd shuffle around first.
Duke is way too slow. On the few occasions we did get behind the defence he was nowhere near where he needed to be.

Ads

We desperately needed Bos or Farrell youth injection in a wing back position to unlock overlaps and counter attacks.

And obvious to us but Nizzy in the 10 role feeding Goodwin and Irunkunda with little diagonal balls would unlock a lot more hard low shots that harder to defend than the shit show that Arnie provided.

Tevor

We desperately needed Bos or Farrell youth injection in a wing back position to unlock overlaps and counter attacks.

And obvious to us but Nizzy in the 10 role feeding Goodwin and Irunkunda with little diagonal balls would unlock a lot more hard low shots that harder to defend than the shit show that Arnie provided.
To be honest I rate a fit and firing Goodwin, we got far from that last night. He along with other old guards like Duke looked really rusty and below par. The National team under Arnie does not play a game that suits Niz. He gave Mabil heaps of space and ball for him to waste it every time. Not sure where you go with the last two games. The young guys overall looked lively and keen which is the only positive.

turbo

It’s a shame they are both injured.

I can’t stress how poor the decision was to put on Rowles in LB at the death chasing the win. Deng, Devlin or even Boyle would have made more sense for the little defending the wide backs were doing by then.

Big Al

Used up our 1-0 of 1 Shot Wins at the world cup

Sounds like Arnie knows its over and will jump before pushed
Sounds like he might jump.

“I need to go home and have a long hard think”.

Sounded like I don’t have the answers

“I don’t play the game the players do”

Blaming the players doesn’t get you far

Stuartmcateer

You don't win qualifying in the first 2 games but you can certainly lose it.

My calculations have us needing to beat china and Saudi both home and away, win the return legs for both Bahrain and Indonesia as well as take points off Japan in 1 of the 2 games (and not get pumped in the other).

turbo

You don't win qualifying in the first 2 games but you can certainly lose it.

My calculations have us needing to beat china and Saudi both home and away, win the return legs for both Bahrain and Indonesia as well as take points off Japan in 1 of the 2 games (and not get pumped in the other).
I dont think it'll be quite that bad and there's bound to be surprises from the other teams playing each other. Agree that the margin for error is shrinking rapidly though. If we dont beat China Arnold could well be out after the Japan game.

pjennings

I dont think it'll be quite that bad and there's bound to be surprises from the other teams playing each other. Agree that the margin for error is shrinking rapidly though. If we dont beat China Arnold could well be out after the Japan game.
I'm with you. I don't think it is dire as some are making out. But we must beat China and at least minimise any damage against Japan. Arnold statement about not bring able to play for them may give an indication that he is losing the dressing room. It is true though both Yengi and Duke should have scored against Bahrain in spit of the poor performance and Duke again missed a header he should have put away on Tuesday.

TBH - if he learns from this and we refresh the midfield (including Goodwin who has been poor but always seems to get a pass mark from everybody), bring in Farrell and Bos on the left. I'm looking for a few long termers missing for the China game. Goodwin, Behich, Irvine should not be making the squad. Niz needs to start, Robertson needs to come into the squad at least and I can't see what Metcalfe brings.

Stuartmcateer

I'm with you. I don't think it is dire as some are making out.
I'm basing it on last WC where 22 points was second. To get to 22 we need to win 7 of the remaining 8.
We were on 15 in 3rd (4th was 14 points so we really only just scraped in). So to get there we need to win 5 of 8 - or win 4 and draw 2.

Assuming that we won't get points off Japan, we have to, as a minimum,win 4 and draw 2 out of the remaining 6.

Not impossible, and there will no doubt be some odd results in the other games, but we are certainly behind the 8 ball and with little wiggle room left.

6 points in these 2 games would have us set up nicely.

It's been a while since I have seen a Socceroos team this poor. Not just technically but Bahrain and Indonesia out enthused us.

FFC Mariner

I'm basing it on last WC where 22 points was second. To get to 22 we need to win 7 of the remaining 8.
We were on 15 in 3rd (4th was 14 points so we really only just scraped in). So to get there we need to win 5 of 8 - or win 4 and draw 2.

Assuming that we won't get points off Japan, we have to, as a minimum,win 4 and draw 2 out of the remaining 6.

Not impossible, and there will no doubt be some odd results in the other games, but we are certainly behind the 8 ball and with little wiggle room left.

6 points in these 2 games would have us set up nicely.

It's been a while since I have seen a Socceroos team this poor. Not just technically but Bahrain and Indonesia out enthused us.
Signs the dressing room has gone, same as the Matilda's they just down tools

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred