• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

dru

serious14 said:
*sets alarm*

Oh football, you exist at the weirdest times of night.

That is morning sunshine  :p It's normal for me to be getting up at that time anyway. wanna find us a stream?

It is amazing how you get used to certain things and how weird it feels to watch UCL games at 8pm at night or a EPL game at 3 in the afternoon when your in Europe rather than crazy early like we do here.

serious14

dru said:
serious14 said:
*sets alarm*

That is morning sunshine  :p It's normal for me to be getting up at that time anyway. wanna find us a stream?

It is amazing how you get used to certain things and how weird it feels to watch UCL games at 8pm at night or a EPL game at 3 in the afternoon when your in Europe rather than crazy early like we do here.

Mmmmm, I know - watching the UCL final with the sun still up at kickoff in a few weeks time will be an interesting feeling, considering I watched last years at home freezing my arse off whilst listening to Tommy Smith (WID' A Y) ramble on about shit.

Re: the stream - check this link later on (i.e.  when you get up) - http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=38289&part=sports

Tassiemariner

serious14 said:
dru said:
serious14 said:
*sets alarm*

Mmmmm, I know - watching the UCL final with the sun still up at kickoff in a few weeks time will be an interesting feeling, considering I watched last years at home freezing my arse off whilst listening to Tommy Smith (WID' A Y) ramble on about shit.

Re: the stream - check this link later on (i.e.  when you get up) - http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=38289&part=sports
It is such a weird feeling when you actually travel to England etc and see the coverage and then you relate it to back home.
I watched the Liverpool vs United match (at Anfield) at an Irish Racecourse on a big screen, 1pm, sun shining and eating bangers and mash.
Then the return match a few weeks ago i was a in a small bedroom with 5 people, eating dominos pizza, at midnight.

Oh how i wish our time zones could somehow be the same.

dru

After that crpa it is confirmed we will be playing championship football next year. excuse me while I go throw myself under a mine truck

David Votoupal

Steve Gibson is notoriously loyal to his managers, he was even reluctant to get rid of Bryan Robson who needed Terry Venables' help to get him avoid a second relegation. Southgate likewise appears to have little clue at this stage.

fedelta

Ronaldo, Man U 'agree to Real transfer'
May 12, 2009 - 10:14PM

Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United have both signed agreements with Real Madrid regarding the Portuguese winger's transfer to the Spanish side, a newspaper reported.

Under the agreements, Manchester will let the 2008 FIFA World Footballer of the Year go after July for a minimum of 80 million euros ($A143.32 million), top-selling newspaper El Pais reported.

Former Real president Florentino Perez, who is expected to announce Thursday that he will stand in elections to head the club again, has already discussed the payment of the amount with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes, it added.

But Perez may ultimately decide instead to recruit AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka as "he is less expensive and this would allow him to recruit more players", the newspaper added.

Last month Ronaldo, who is under contract with United until 2012, said he was happy at Manchester when asked about persistent reports linking him with a move to Real.

Kaka, the 2007 FIFA World Footballer of the Year, has also said recently that he wants to stay at AC Milan.

Perez was president of Real between 2000 and 2006 when the team recruited top players like Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and David Beckham.

Real is slated to hold elections for president in June and Perez tops polls of the club's preferences even though he has not yet said he will run.

serious14

marinermick said:
just as i type tevez gets the equaliser

insane goal

He's clearly been watching Tommy against Perth in V2.  ;)

I knew this game would be a f*cking banana skin..... JJB on a rainy night with that shithouse Rugby League surface - no thanks.

Arabmariner

That's why they're the champs.

How many games have they won by the skin of their teeth this season ?

And in the same sort of situation how many did Liverpool draw ?

Viewers choice on the last day can concentrate on the relegation battle now! ;)

dibo

Arabmariner said:
That's why they're the champs.

How many games have they won by the skin of their teeth this season ?

And in the same sort of situation how many did Liverpool draw ?

Viewers choice on the last day can concentrate on the relegation battle now! ;)

TBF - Liverpool have won games late as well, against City at Eastlands probably the best of them. It's just that Liverpool have done things like lose to Boro and drop points at Stoke. The title race was over a fair while ago, United's little stumbles here (like that glorious afternoon at Old Trafford - that will not be forgotten soon) and there have merely delayed the inevitable.

They should be pretty pleased with the season, they've got past Arsenal and Chelsea and into a firm second place, and with Ronaldo set to go and Benitez apparently being allowed into the piggy bank it might be even better next year. A season where Torres had some backup and less injuries and Gerrard had less injuries might have yielded a different May entirely.

serious14

I heartily look forward to Liverpool's challenge next season, and I can't wait to see United get out of 2nd gear for more than 5 games a season.  Perhaps 10 games next time around, just for a laugh.  ;)  But seriously, Rafa needs to spend if he wants just that extra little bit of quality to go all the way..... bring it on I say, the more entertaining the better.  ;D

I'm suitably chuffed that Stoke have survived as well - Liverpool don't need those 4 extra points..... not one bit.  :p

P.S.  Re: injuries - I will concede you Torres, but Gerrard is on track to play 30 games this season.  Moreso than Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, Tevez (only four United players played more than him this season)..... moreso than RVP, Fabregas, and Adebayor..... and quite remarkably, moreso than Essien, Drogba and Joe Cole put together.  Hardly "injury plagued".

dibo

United and Chelsea both have bigger squads - they're more able to rotate than Liverpool. Gerrard's been half fit for much of the last 6 months. Essien, Drogba and J.Cole have all been injured too, so that's not that big a deal especially when the cover is considered. Can you imagine taking... I guess Alonso, Torres and Benayoun out of Liverpool's lineup for as long as those players have been missing and seeing the them still in second place?

United in particular have an obscenely deep squad which is exactly why those players have been able to rest a lot and yet still you're within a whisker of breaking your points record. To a certain extent it's been necessary given the sheer number of games played, but no matter the reason it's a demonstration of raw financial power as much as anything else. Liverpool's new owners and the new ground can't come fast enough...

dibo

I'm meant to be doing an assignment* right now, not arguing football... bad me.  :naughty:

*by which I mean basically re-doing from the ground up a group assignment where I'm the only person who seems to have read the questions, quite likely because I'm the only person entirely comfortable with the language of instruction...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred