• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

dru

FFC Mariner said:
Hull were dreadful this morning, look like a team resigned to their fate.

Out of Boro, Newcastle and Hull, it will be the team that believes it the most that will get out of it.

Possibly Boro?

Yeah but having come off the back of losses to Arsenal and Merch united I don't know if the confidence will be there to do over Newcastle! Newcastle have there own problems after the result against Liverpool. but the winner of that game is the most likely to survive.

Both teams can hope that Villa implodes in their games.

Sacko

dru said:
It is more likely to be Newcastle, unfortunately, with the game at St James park. Although a point/s against west ham on the last may be a saving grace for boro if they can pull a draw or a win in the next couple of games.

After your lot scraped through the FA Cup replay against us, I think the lads will be looking forward to putting your lot out of a different comp on the last day of the season...

dru

Sacko said:
After your lot scraped through the FA Cup replay against us, I think the lads will be looking forward to putting your lot out of a different comp on the last day of the season...

The most likely outcome is Boro will get smashed in all 3 remaining games, but having played West ham 3 times already this season we have gotten 2 draws and a win so it's not impossible for us to get something out of the last day of the season craziness

David Votoupal

Hull play Stoke at home, Bolton host Sunderland and West Brom host Wigan.

Stoke and Bolton are a win away from the 42 mark. West Brom will actually feel confident hosting Wigan- because despite being bottom they seem to be the "least dreadful" in recent play compared to the teams just above them.

Part_Timer

FFC Mariner said:
6) Dave Kitson (5.5m to Stoke City)
"I hold my hands up - it was my fault. I made the decision to go to Stoke, I didn't have to, no-one forced me to go, and it was a bad decision," sayd Kitson, who ended the season back at Reading on loan with no goals and a new nickname (Dave S***son) the only thing he had to show for his sojourn in Stoke. It had been a disaster for both club and player, though Tony Pulis more than made up for his mistake when he spent less than half the that club-record amount to sign James Beattie - a striker far, far better suited to Stoke's style.

agree with this he was f**king dross glad he f**ked him off back to reading

FFC Mariner

Part_Timer said:
FFC Mariner said:
6) Dave Kitson (5.5m to Stoke City)
"I hold my hands up - it was my fault. I made the decision to go to Stoke, I didn't have to, no-one forced me to go, and it was a bad decision," sayd Kitson, who ended the season back at Reading on loan with no goals and a new nickname (Dave S***son) the only thing he had to show for his sojourn in Stoke. It had been a disaster for both club and player, though Tony Pulis more than made up for his mistake when he spent less than half the that club-record amount to sign James Beattie - a striker far, far better suited to Stoke's style.

agree with this he was f**king dross glad he f**ked him off back to reading

Pulis must have been pissed when he bought him,the guy was shit at and Reading and they went down. WTF would you buy him for an EPL side.

Arabmariner

Hull lost again......they're goooooone imo!

Tuesday 5am our time live on fox WWIII takes place to see who will join them going down!

This match>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any champions league game ever!! :headbounce:

FFC Mariner

Beautiful football last night, cut Villa to ribbons and htey played pretty well too.

Advert for short passing, quick football.

The crowd broke out into a spontaneous round of applause for Sir Roy about 10 mins from the end - 3 sides of CC just standing and clapping.

7th now - last game against bug eyes cloggers may decide a Europa place.

David Votoupal

Everton guaranteed a place in Europe. Now let's see who's going to join the European adventure.

Relegation battle is wide open now, if Newcastle and Middlesbrough draw (most likely outcome IMO).

serious14

The Baggies still might pull off the impossible..... I'd rather them then either Newcastle or Boro stay up.

And Hull.  1st to 17th.  Impressive for all the wrong reasons.

Andrew, re: Sir Roy - http://football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_5306417,00.html

FFC Mariner

Hull, Toon and Boro (sorry Dru)

Baggies ought to be rewarded for trying to play football.

Thats what my heart say, head says Baggies, Boro & Hull

Lining up for a cracker of a last day, hope the title is already won by then so they focus on the bottom 4/5

David Votoupal

FFC Mariner said:

Baggies ought to be rewarded for trying to play football.

Sentiments seconded. Although in the Baggies' favour even if they go down, is the fact that they do not live beyond their means and the board seems to keep a tight ship- thereby their squad is unlikely to be decimated and could bounce back even stronger.

As I've said above, it's a tremendous achievement for Stoke to stay up and they do have some rather good players, but their approach needs to be varied or they will be easily found out in the way other "crude and direct" teams- even cruder than Stoke have been- have been.

Sacko

Not a suprising result for the appy ammers on Saturday night. The midfield were too deep for the 1st goal and 2nd was a penalty although LBM should have had a free kick moments before in the shellsuits defensive 3rd, he ran back barking at the ref then pulled back Torres - what a plonker!

I was however surprised at the Yids getting a point at Everton, imo they and Man City are our greatest threats to us finishing 7th. Hopefully Everton will go just as easy next week as a point there and then 3 from condeming Boro should be enough to see us back into Europe.   

serious14

2-0 against Citeh (big club, don't you know??) leaves us requiring 4 points to take Title no. 18.

A win against Wigan midweek and a result against Arsenal (at Trafford) on Saturday will do me just fine.  ;D

Wtf was with Arsenal last night though??  That was just awful.....

dru

Pft title race, the real action is at the other end of the table :p

FFC Mariner said:

Why be sorry, I've been expecting it since the start of the year, what shits me is the results that give you hope, beating Liverpool, hull etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred