• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

David Votoupal

Well what about the standard of English players? The quality of English players over the last generation has definitely fallen, and far fewer "technical" players being produced as such, compared to what other countries can still produce.

There is an art to both destructive and creative play. Perfecting both those arts is what makes a team complete.

Arabmariner

David Votoupal said:
Well what about the standard of English players? The quality of English players over the last generation has definitely fallen, and far fewer "technical" players being produced as such, compared to what other countries can still produce.

There is an art to both destructive and creative play. Perfecting both those arts is what makes a team complete.
The standard of English players won't lift if their top clubs just buy and play the top foreigners all the time.

I mean why would a young promising kid sign for Chelsea or Arsenal when he probably has next to no chance of getting an oppertunity.Why these teams bother with academys is beyond me.

The kids are better off signing for a small club and being successful there.

Then they'll come sniffing........................

tuftman

Arabmariner said:
David Votoupal said:
The kids are better off signing for a small club and being successful there.

Then they'll come sniffing........................

Back to the SPL thread for that.........

Talking to a friend of mine, a Liverpool fan as well. He's conceded the EPL, I was shocked tbh considering the nature of this season thus far. My picks for relegation- WBA(nearly mathematically confirmed I think) Newcastle and Sunderland

FFC Mariner

Another 3 points and up to 7th.

6 points between us and old bug eyes cloggers (f**k I hate Moyes) and we play them at home last game of the season.

Gollum

DavidMoyes_action_CarlRecine.jpg

David Moyes

gollum03_Gollum_goodRen.jpg

Auburn Mariner

What the bloody hell??? 2-0 down to the Spurs, now 4-2 UP, are you kidding me?? I have nearly had a heart attack here at work, and I can't even watch the game!!!! James, are you watching this at the L5 Embassy???

The bloke on ESPN GameCast is suggesting the penalty given to Man Utd is a bigger gift than Pau Gasol being handed on a platter to Kobe Bryant & Phil Jackson.

Oh well, tough. I am hoping to steer clear of trouble for the next few minutes and then see the highlights on Fox Sports News when I wake up at 11am.

EDIT: 5-2, this is outrageous. And it was BERBATOV?? No way!!! Oh to be in Manchester tonight. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Scouse Gits!!!

serious14

Auburn Mariner said:
James, are you watching this at the L5 Embassy???

Roflham.  Lolspurs.  That is all. 

Never ever write us off.  Something happened just after the penalty, we switched into "ludicrously sexy football" mode, and Spurs had nothing.  Honestly, no team could have stopped that.  This season's equivalent of the 4-0 against Villa from last year.

;D

Auburn Mariner

Cannot wait to see the highlights. Actually, hopefully there will be a full replay on sometime. Note to self, watch the second half.

I think my heart rate has settled at 185. I have been here since 6.30pm last night. Am I tired? Not a chance.

serious14

Re: the penalty - my initial impression was that Carrick milked it a bit, but the replay shows Gomes playing the man and not the ball.  A tad harsh as Carrick shifted to the left to go around him, but that's the way it goes.

Without the penalty, it ends up being............ 4-2.  :p

P.S.  Rooney for Man U player of the season by far.

Arabmariner

From a neutral point of view that 2nd half was outstanding.Five goals in around 12 mins I think.

You have to say though there was no sign of any "sexy" football until the ref kick started it for them.If I was a spurs fan I'd be absolutely ropeable.

Hard to argue with a 5-2 scoreline though.

Arabmariner

FFC

What's the fans attitude to qualifying for the Europa League ?

I know a lot of the English clubs don't take it seriously ie Man City, Villa and Spurs fielding weakend sides and being knocked out as a result.In the case of Villa they actually gained a backdoor entry through playing in the Intertoto cup (even more games).....wtf ???

To me there's something wrong with either the system or the clubs attitude when there is no ambition to play in Europe.

West Ham appear to be the exception as Zola and Steve Clarke have already stated they want to qualify and play in europe next season.

So what do the fans think ?

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:
FFC

I know a lot of the English clubs don't take it seriously ie Man City, Villa and Spurs fielding weakend sides and being knocked out as a result.In the case of Villa they actually gained a backdoor entry through playing in the Intertoto cup (even more games).....wtf ???

To me there's something wrong with either the system or the clubs attitude when there is no ambition to play in Europe.

West Ham appear to be the exception as Zola and Steve Clarke have already stated they want to qualify and play in europe next season.

apart from the fact that we dont really think we can do it, the general view seems to be it could actually hurt us.

we are a small club and would need to invest big $$ in the squad to be in Europa and the extra games etc etc could affect us in the league.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
Arabmariner said:
FFC

apart from the fact that we dont really think we can do it, the general view seems to be it could actually hurt us.

we are a small club and would need to invest big $$ in the squad to be in Europa and the extra games etc etc could affect us in the league.
19 extra games if you made the final.

Another half a season.

serious14

Paolo said:
Always happens against man u...f**k

Tbf, you were quite sensational in the first half.  I was positively livid at half time - I was going to make a post along the lines of "f*cking Harry f*cking Redknapp, every f*cking time", but I didn't want to jinx it.  :p

Auburn - http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25387961-29437,00.html

David Votoupal

Urgh... amazing thing though every time we drop points, none of the teams below the top six can get closer!

West Brom can still plot a great escape reminiscent of 2005. The fact that the teams just above them have been very poor helps their cause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred