• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

David Votoupal

mariners4ever said:
serious14 said:
Arsenal's run in:

Villareal (Home)
Chelsea (Wembley, FA Cup)
Liverpool (Away)
Boro (Home)
Pompey (Away)
Chelsea (Home)
Manchester United (Away)
Stoke (Home)

What an absolute c*nt of a draw.

TBH i think they will only win 5 out of 8, and lose against man utd, lollerpool and one of the games against chelski

Arsenal's record against the rest of the "big 4" has been good this season.

Ben

tottenham 1 nil over newcastle after 24 mins, lookin like newcastle are going to the championship

David Votoupal

1-0 doesn't even reflect the game so far, with Spurs in possession, passing the ball around while Newcastle look dreadful, totally bereft of confidence.

Ben

David Votoupal said:
1-0 doesn't even reflect the game so far, with Spurs in possession, passing the ball around while Newcastle look dreadful, totally bereft of confidence.
totally agree, spurs should be several up and they probably will be after the break. most of the newcastle players just seem like they don't want to be there. no confidence at all

Ben

i've been tryin to work out what they are playin but some of the players are just moving everywhere so i gave up, one chance all game and they stuffed up. not very good from newcastle. How have spurs not scored another one, they are dominating

David Votoupal

Newcastle did come into it but were playing panic football at best, with Shearer still clueless as to any kind of gameplan.

They made Spurs look like Barcelona in comparison.

FFC Mariner

A message from the worlds greatest chairman (MAF) as posted on the clubs official MB.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2009/April/ChairmansStatement.aspx

A statement from FFC Chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed:

Do you want to know the latest score at Fulham FC? I dont mean from our last match I mean in general. Let me tell you. Its 6-0. No, make that 8-0. To me. Because I own the best club in the world, with the best team and the best fans. I want to reassure people of this, because sometimes there are naughty rumours that I may sell the club.

"I am not going to give up on other things in the game either. Take my crusade against sky-high players wages. Our expenses bill rose by 17 percent last year. How can it be right for top players to be earning 15, 20 million a year? Its crazy. These wages need to be capped.

"But I worry that it wont happen, because the Premier League and the FA are run by donkeys who dont understand business, who are dazzled by money. If the world wants to keep players in pocket for tens of thousands of pounds every week, then let the Premier League and the FA negotiate with Sky and other broadcasters for a share of the billions that they make in profit from our product, from my product.

"Because at present, they dont. All around the world, football fans are paying to watch top matches on TV. And yet do most clubs see any of that money? No: we are hopelessly dependent on our end-of-season League placing to determine our share of the cash - it makes a difference of feast or famine every season. Yet even then, except for the top four clubs, were only talking about a difference of few million, which doesnt get you far.

"I want to help other clubs. I speak my mind, and other chairmen should too. They need to wake up from their coma and join me in this fight with the Premier League and the FA. In fact, they can come and have lunch with me at Harrods, where I can serve them stags testicles from my Scottish estate, Balnagown. We all need big balls in this business."

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
A message from the worlds greatest chairman (MAF) as posted on the clubs official MB.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2009/April/ChairmansStatement.aspx

A statement from FFC Chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed:

Do you want to know the latest score at Fulham FC? I don’t mean from our last match – I mean in general. Let me tell you. It’s 6-0. No, make that 8-0. To me. Because I own the best club in the world, with the best team and the best fans. I want to reassure people of this, because sometimes there are naughty rumours that I may sell the club.

"I am not going to give up on other things in the game either. Take my crusade against sky-high players’ wages. Our expenses bill rose by 17 percent last year. How can it be right for top players to be earning 15, 20 million a year? It’s crazy. These wages need to be capped.

"But I worry that it won’t happen, because the Premier League and the FA are run by donkeys who don’t understand business, who are dazzled by money. If the world wants to keep players in pocket for tens of thousands of pounds every week, then let the Premier League and the FA negotiate with Sky and other broadcasters for a share of the billions that they make in profit from our product, from my product.

"Because at present, they don’t. All around the world, football fans are paying to watch top matches on TV. And yet do most clubs see any of that money? No: we are hopelessly dependent on our end-of-season League placing to determine our share of the cash - it makes a difference of feast or famine every season. Yet even then, except for the top four clubs, we’re only talking about a difference of few million, which doesn’t get you far.

"I want to help other clubs. I speak my mind, and other chairmen should too. They need to wake up from their coma and join me in this fight with the Premier League and the FA. In fact, they can come and have lunch with me at Harrods, where I can serve them stags’ testicles from my Scottish estate, Balnagown. We all need big balls in this business."
Good stuff and true.

I wonder what the stags balls taste like lol!

bulldogmariner

serious14 said:
Hodgson (or Moyes) for Manager of the Year, by far.
You know it but you hate to say it but RAFA will win this.
I agree with you but Liverpool havent been close for 20 years and if they somehow manage to win Rafa will win the award. I think O'Neill has done a great job too. As has Redknap.

serious14

bulldogmariner said:
serious14 said:
Hodgson (or Moyes) for Manager of the Year, by far.
You know it but you hate to say it but RAFA will win this.

Nah, Hodgson has done a lot more (relatively speaking) with a _lot_ less, both money and personnel wise.  He turned what was at many points last season a bunch of individuals (seriously, their escape/survival was nothing short of a miracle) into a proper team that with some luck still might squeeze into a European spot.  And minus a turgid away draw here and there, and let's face it - we all have those at least once a season, they play some attractive, team oriented football.  _Smart_ football considering those limitations as well.

I understand what you're saying about Rafa, but really, with that squad I'd be worried if he wasn't legitimately challenging on all three (Domestic, Europe, Cups) fronts.

serious14

F*ck me Liverpool, you just had your arses shaved.....

These 4-4 games have got to stop, my heart cannot take it anymore!!! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred