• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

bulldogmariner

Man Utd are home in EPL.
Or will RAFA start to play mind games with the King and do what Fergie did to Keegan when Newcastle lead by 12 points at this stage of the season when they lost.

serious14

bulldogmariner said:
Man Utd are home in EPL.
Or will RAFA start to play mind games with the King and do what Fergie did to Keegan when Newcastle lead by 12 points at this stage of the season when they lost.

I would love it..... JUST LOVE IT if he even tried.

Rafa has already snapped this season with his "facts" tirade.

LFCMariners

Liverpool has the resilience to win the Premiership but not the playing roster. ManUre fans may well win the title and laugh at us, but this has been an admirable effort to have lead the likes of ManUre and Chel$ki for as long as we have with the squad we've got. If we had the same strength squad as them, we'd be out in front by a long shot. Possibly even have replicated Arsenal's "invincibles" effort of 2003/04.

I think Rafa will be at Anfield for a long time, and surely he can't be that stupid to have honestly thought that some of his starting line-ups are the best ones. I am wondering if he's already preparing for next year, giving some questionable players more game-time to see whether they're worth keeping in Liverpool's plans past this year or whether they should be sold off for the transfer money.

IF I was Rafa (and it is a big if) I would focus now on winning the ECL. With the remainder of the EPL I would go about sorting the dead-wood from the keepers, with the eye to building an even stronger team for next season. Re. Kuyt, I am happy to have him on the side, so long as he is not at strikers. He is nowhere near striker material! Lucas can get shown the door tomorrow for all I care though.

I think that for too many years (immediately following their success-laden years of the 1980's) Liverpool operated too much by a "jobs for the boys" mentality, which starved us in the 90's. I think Rafa has done quite a bit to shed that, and in the meantime picked up two FA Cups and a European Cup. Winning the EPL is only such a big deal because it is the one title that eludes Liverpool. Arsenal and Chel$ki have won EPL titles but never won in Europe, so for them its' the big deal. I think Rafa will take Liverpool to at least one EPL title before he is gone though. Remember, it took Fergie 7 years to win the Premiership at ManUre. How many of their fans on here remember when it had been 24/ 25 years since their team had won the Premiership?

TerrigalUtd

Cahill Deserves Greater Credit

EVERTON boss David Moyes believes Tim Cahill would be a worthy contender for the Premier League's player :) of the year award and deserves greater all-round credit.

The Socceroo star has made a huge impact since moving into a makeshift striking role, scoring five goals in 13 games.

Moyes feels the Aussie's efforts should be rewarded when it comes to the end of season gongs being handed out.

He told Evertontv: "I think Tim is all about the spirit he gives to the team and his all round play. It's not always just his form in the game, it's what he gives to the team and what he gives to the club.

"Maybe people in time will look at Tim and see him as a player whose worthy of that top spot (player of the season)."

Moyes not only loves Cahill's skills, it is the part of a performer a coach cannot teach that he admires - the qualities from within.

"I think he's shown a real spirit for the team which is very important to any club," he added. "Maybe some day he will get rewarded, but he's playing in a team that is playing very well at the moment and so he's getting rewarded with that," said Moyes.

The Everton boss has no doubts that everyone inside Goodison Park and those watching in the stands appreciates what Cahill brings to the party. However, he feels the football world as a whole perhaps don't.

"He gets credit from Evertonians and people in the club, but does he throughout the game? I think the media thinks Tim Cahill does a great job, so I think they give him credit," he said.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/97063,cahill-deserves-greater-credit.aspx

I agree with all of the above :) No other player has really been as important as Cahill I think maybe Ronaldo from last year or Torres when he's not injured  :p

Paolo

1-1 after 37mins at the KC Stadium between hull and tottenham

Lennon and Turner the scorers.

It looks like cudicini in goals, the shirt says its cudicini in goals, but i think its gomes with a wig on as their goal had his name written all over it

Paolo

woodgate with a header deep in the second half....2-1 win Tottenham

so, uefa cup game thursday and then wembley sunday

Blair

Paolo said:

Think we can say Wembley will be a lose.hahaha

Paolo

HOLY GROVE WARRIOR Blair said:
Paolo said:

Think we can say Wembley will be a lose.hahaha
same thing was expected last year against chelsea....anything can happen in a cup game sunshine

David Votoupal

Some of Newcastle's current players are a blight on football. I can't believe how atrocious they are, and a side with Barton, Guthrie and Nolan in the squad isn't pleasant to play against at all.

bulldogmariner

David Votoupal said:
Some of Newcastle's current players are a blight on football. I can't believe how atrocious they are, and a side with Barton, Guthrie and Nolan in the squad isn't pleasant to play against at all.
Get off your high horse!!!!!

Newcastle are a team trying to survive and the players mentioned about have either represented their country at youth or senior level. You forget to mention the creative players that complement these guys in Jonas, Duff, Martins and Owen.

You need some mongrel in a squad and Newcastle have it!!!

FFC Mariner

David Votoupal said:

People who live in glass houses David

Can I cite the following examples of players who fit your description

Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Neville - not exactly ball playing flair merchants are they?

serious14

Football365 strikes again - a Bendtner Haiku:

White ball in the night,
Danish clod does not control,
New club this Summer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members