• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

FFC Mariner

(Proper Haiku - 3 lines - 5/7/5 syllables. All the rage on MB's right now in UK)

Barclays Premier League (with tips)

Arsenal v Fulham, 15:00 - Can we do the double over them? No, probably not
Chelsea v Wigan, 15:00 - We can dream, 0-0 anyone?
Everton v West Brom, 12:45 - Easiest 3 points ever for the Blues
Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00 - Shitty 0-1 result, no crowd.

David Votoupal

The likes of Stoke and West Brom have been competitive at home but pretty hopeless away- home form alone could keep some teams up.

In fact, the same scenario exists in this season's Serie A.

serious14

Boro 2, Liverpool 0 

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Chelsea 2, Wigan 1
Everton 2, WBA 0
Arsenal 0, Fulham 0

TerrigalUtd

TIM CAHILL DOES IT YET AGAIN :vhappy: :vhappy: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

serious14 said:
Boro 2, Liverpool 0 
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :piano: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :pirate: :headbounce: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

yeah.......

Edit: 5th Spot + Uefa Cup here we come!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dibo

liverpool are still having a good season and a good team, but they're not up to the standard of man u. villa to win tonight and up the pressure on us and chelsea - it's al about the fight for second spot now.

FFC Mariner

Only a point against the Arse, we really need to be ruthless about putting other mid table sides away

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

David Votoupal

Everton edging ever closer to a European place :thumbup:

Middlesbrough get a win over one of the "big boys" that they usually get every year.

Fulham have a good chance to get 7th and (provided Spurs don't win the League Cup, and nobody outside the top 6 gets to the FA Cup Final) last place in Europe. Lack of away form won't help in Europe if that's the case :-\

Paolo

David Votoupal said:
Fulham have a good chance to get 7th and (provided Spurs don't win the League Cup, and nobody outside the top 6 gets to the FA Cup Final) last place in Europe. Lack of away form won't help in Europe if that's the case :-\
bl for Fulham then.

Spursssssssss on on their way wembley
tottenhams gonna do it again,
they cant stop em the boys from tottenham
the boys from white hart lane

FFC Mariner

Sir Roy said he had a 3 stage plan

Last season = survival Tick

This season = squad building, consolidation Tick

Next season = Move forwards

All we want is that 40 points as early as possible and then in his own words "we will lift our heads and play a bit"

He wont get distracted by the cup or silly thoughts about Europe. Our run in is horrific so I expect a nice solid 12th or so

dru

FFC Mariner said:
Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00 - Shitty 0-1 result, no crowd.
Our biggest crowd of the seaon!
T said:
serious14 said:
Boro 2, Liverpool 0  

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

But Boro had to get Liverpool to score one of its goals for them... :(

Ok even as a Boro supporter who is over the moon at the moment, what the f**k happened to the universe this week. First we beat West Ham now this. *shakes head*

Yes that was our win over one of the big four that usually happens. :eek:verhead:

we're still going down

Auburn Mariner

Craig will be beside himself when he wakes up!! Stoke come FROM THE DEAD to draw 2-2 with the Villans, in Brummie Land, with 2 goals in the last three minutes.

Got to love this game!!!!!

Auburn Mariner

2 send-offs on Humberside, one each team. The locals will be giving it the "Eeh Bah Gum" this evening.

Honestly, how long has Mark Hughes got left at Eastlands? I always hoped he may end up back where he belongs, not now. That being said, this morning's SMH has that loon Hose-B following Fergie. Bobby Charlton does not want to know ANYTHING about "The Special One". Nuff said.

The Toon Army must be tearing their hair out, getting fixed up at the magnificent Reebok.

Again, Martin O'Neill will need a Keg of Kilkenny this evening. 2-0 up ain the 87th, and they drop 2 points. Oh, dear.

serious14

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4994637,00.html

Sir Bobby Charlton feels it is "crazy" to even think Manchester United could complete an unprecedented clean sweep of five trophies this season.

After United's Carling Cup triumph over Tottenham at Wembley on Sunday, Charlton takes centre stage on Monday evening as he is presented with the Freedom of the City at a lavish ceremony at Manchester Town Hall.

Sir Alex Ferguson - who has previously been awarded the honour - plus veteran players Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville will be on hand to witness the ceremony, another notable milestone in the life of Charlton, one of only two Englishmen - the other being old team-mate Nobby Styles - to have won both the World Cup and European Cup.

Yet as humble as the 71-year-old feels about the honour, Charlton is still buzzing at watching United, who won the World Club Cup earlier this season, overcome Spurs at the second stage of a journey that could end with a clean sweep of every major prize on offer.

"It is crazy to think all those trophies could be won," said Charlton.

"We have not won the Premier League yet, or the Champions League, or the FA Cup. But we have started and I don't put anything past these players."

However, if United are to complete an achievement that would rank alongside anything the club game has ever seen, Charlton hopes it will be without the need for another penalty shoot-out.

The former England skipper's nerves have only just recovered from the tension of Champions League glory in Moscow last season, so Sunday's success was not exactly ideal.

"If they were to achieve all five, I don't think there is any way I would be there because yesterday I was shaking like a leaf at the end," he said.

"I couldn't see myself having to go through all that again two more times.

"But it is such a great ride at the moment. The team are so enthusiastic.

"If we can be lucky with suspensions and injuries it would still not be probable but it would be possible."

In handing over the man-of-the-match award to goalkeeper Ben Foster, Charlton felt there was a certain poignancy given Monday's festivities.

As understudy to Edwin van der Sar, Foster needs the same spirit and determination Charlton feels is an integral part of Manchester life, which he has been so immersed in since his left his native north-east as a 15-year-old.

"Manchester United has never been afraid to give people a chance," said Charlton.

"Ben Foster performed miracles to keep Tottenham out yesterday. It was typical of the type of response you get when people give you a challenge."

As Charlton surveyed a scroll of honour in the Town Hall, detailing all previous recipients of the award now being bestowed on him, the names of Winston Churchill and Clement Atlee stand out.

The great war-time leader and the man who replaced him as Prime Minister in 1945 to drag Great Britain off its knees are two of the most revered individuals in modern-day history.

It is a measure of Charlton's own standing that a 'mere' footballer should be regarded as an equal. Yet Manchester as a city is renowned throughout the world because of the club based - in Salford - at Old Trafford.

What is now a global phenomenon was just an ordinary football club when Charlton first joined. Yet through Matt Busby's Babes, Munich, Wembley 1968 and the current Fergn era, United have become a monolith, known and acknowledged around the planet.

And Charlton has been there through it all.

"A lot of people helped create Manchester United," he said. "I am just one person.

"But I love the city and I love its history. There is a work ethic about the people here that should be admired.

"Because of the success Manchester United have had, it is known all over the world.

"Billions of people watch my club play. It is just sensational.

"I wasn't bad at football. If that in just a small way helped more people get to know Manchester, I feel very humble and very proud."

adore.gif
adore.gif
adore.gif
adore.gif
adore.gif

bulldogmariner

serious14 said:
bulldogmariner said:
They wont have such a lead after Newcastle take 3 points off United at St James' Park on Thursday morning.

Everyone's a comedian today......
Didnt we get a point at Old Trafford on the first day of the season after leading 1 nil through a Martins header?????
Of course we did!! We need 3 points so bad and this is the game that we rise to the occassion! Newcastle have a fair record against the Big 4 this season
1 all with Man Utd Away
Nil all with Chelsea Away
5-1 loss to Liverpool at home
2-0 win against Villa away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member