• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 22 - Nix @ CCS

turbo

I don’t have a pink shirt and I’m conflicted about wearing yellow since the nix will be (unless they have a 3rd kit?). Can’t wait for “who do we sing for, we sing for —ah shit”

Tim

Not sure if this is the right thread, however, FYI, Rebel at Erina we’re selling all CCM gear for 50percent off earlier this week including the new pink jerseys (I got one for $55, pretty good deal). Worth a look for those who are interested...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Less than 48 hours til KO and no match day thread kinda sums up the mood about this one I feel.

Even still, I urge everyone to get down there in support of pink round, and especially for the Gumprecht family.
Not just this....I think I've switched off from the HAL. Zero interest in any of the games this weekend.
I'm sure I'll still watch...but yeah, I think we're all resigned to the spoon.
Though it's interesting on what you said about it summing up the mood, how this last week has seen the most in-depth, non-negative and future thinking discussion for a while.

marinermick

i'll be there . but they can't run out with murray .
i can't watch us murder 10 chances .

I’d say maybe start Simon this week. We need some more leadership and grunt up front. De Silva for McGlinchey, Miller back in for Tongyik, moving Gordon back in the middle, and you are starting to have better balance.

Reactions: Ads

turbo

I’d put the back line back the way it was before Rowles came back or maybe swap him and Tongyik at most. DDS back in. Jair for Murray. Simon is ineffective as a starter.

Ironbark

This isn't going to be pretty. I always remind myself of that Sydney win under Okon though - I went into that game in total belief we'd get mauled and we won. So you never know (but you can make an educated guess!)

Our last couple of games before WU - let's set up like that please. We should have beaten adelaide and didn't deserve to lose against syd

Pirate Pete

Might as well go I suppose. Be good to have a s**t and be able to use toilet paper.
Could be the last game we see at home this season.
With this virus thingy around who knows. Games cancelled or played behind closed doors.

turbo

Jair? Fúck. May as well play with 10.
IMO Matty isn’t a starter and Murray hasn’t been delivering, doesn’t leave you with many options so yeah start Jair. Murray botched a clear chance that could have gotten us back in the game last week. The difference in the way they are both talked about here is ridiculous.

jacobsfl

Kuol! Kuol! Kuol!

In my opinion, just play the kid alongside Jair so that we have a striker who will actually hit the target.

priorpeter

IMO Matty isn’t a starter and Murray hasn’t been delivering, doesn’t leave you with many options so yeah start Jair. Murray botched a clear chance that could have gotten us back in the game last week. The difference in the way they are both talked about here is ridiculous.

Jair doesn’t even get into that position to give himself the opportunity to botch the chance.

Elite

Murray botched a clear chance that could have gotten us back in the game last week. The difference in the way they are both talked about here is ridiculous.
The Jair negativity on here is crazy. f**k, he's been in the squad for a few months and was out for a substantial period prior. Murray has had countless more opportunities week in, week out and has botched basically every single one. Let's not forget he's been in our system way longer as well.

I seriously don't understand the Jair hate train. He's pacey and has a decent first touch which is a hell of a lot more than our other options up top.

turbo

The Jair negativity on here is crazy. f**k, he's been in the squad for a few months and was out for a substantial period prior. Murray has had countless more opportunities week in, week out and has botched basically every single one. Let's not forget he's been in our system way longer as well.

I seriously don't understand the Jair hate train. He's pacey and has a decent first touch which is a hell of a lot more than our other options up top.

It’s deadset this meme format around here, feed the Muzz on the left, Jair on the right.

3hleko.png

With our shitty and intermittent service it’s easy to say he never got in the position to miss but he’s often chasing down a wide long ball or dropping back to pick it up to pass on to Muzz amongst others but people will see what they want to see.

pjennings

Jair as poor as he has been has been the stand out striker in our squad ...

Based on? The stats make him look the worst. None are great but Jair apart from the first game also does bugger all in defence. Murray and Simon both work hard in defence as well.

Attachments

• Strikers.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 8

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

There's been a couple of comments like this - 'why does Jair cop shit while Muzz is supported?'
Muzz isn't really supported on here anymore. There's a very small number defending him, same as Jair, but most of us have run out of patience.
Aside from that, apples and oranges. Jair is an 'established' striker (although the problem we always had since his announcement is that his past record was poor anyway), so we expect more from him than somebody who is trying to figure out how to step up. Sure, some allowances for being out, but that only goes so far - in the same way as you make allowances for somebody coming up into the HAL, but that patience isn't unlimited.

At least Murray actually takes shots. How many shots has Jair taken on target? Pretty sure his average is still less than one per game.

You have an infinitely better chance of scoring from a terrible shot (Murray) than you do from not even taking a shot.

People talk about Jair's off-the-ball running. Well, Murray is good at that too - that's how he gets into positions to receive balls. Most of Jair's off-the-ball running doesn't even achieve enough to put him into position for a shot.

Murray's the better player for me, but I think we've over-extended our patience with both of them. At least Murray gets himself into position to receive the ball and have a shot (terrible as they are), and keeps working. Which is more than Jair does. Jair might be technically superior, but Muzz just comes closer to actually being valuable - although neither have hit that mark yet this season.

Last edited:

turbo

I can see the argument you’re making for Muzz over Jair but unfortunately we have such limited delivery to our attack that it’s going to be more subjective than stats based. For either of them we’ve had games this year where you could play an hour and barely see the ball at all. Those games have a bigger impact looking at stats when a player has 500 v 1000 minutes.

Just my opinion but from what I’ve seen I think Jair should get a few more starts and Muzz can come off the bench for a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami