• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 22 - Nix @ CCS

FFC Mariner

Roberts is gone
Too old :)
Since 2018, Jair has played 40 games for 2 goals.
Muzz has 5 in 35 over the same period
Their records tell us they arent good enough.
Muzz was worth a punt, Jair was known to be shit but we signed him anyway.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I can see the argument you’re making for Muzz over Jair but unfortunately we have such limited delivery to our attack that it’s going to be more subjective than stats based. For either of them we’ve had games this year where you could play an hour and barely see the ball at all. Those games have a bigger impact looking at stats when a player has 500 v 1000 minutes.

Just my opinion but from what I’ve seen I think Jair should get a few more starts and Muzz can come off the bench for a bit.
Good thing the stats back my argument up then, not yours.

Elite

At least Murray actually takes shots.
Don't really buy this to be honest. Multiple instances where he's shied away from goal in a great position - the counter last week is a perfect example. He was virtually 1 on 1 with the keeper, dribbled away from goal, pissed around too long and let the defender close him down and again butchered a wonderful opportunity. Didn't even get a shot on target as a result.

Jair every single day of the week for me over Murray.

booney

Murray doesn't take shots when he has been put through into a good striking position.At least three times this season I have seen him turn back and lay the ball off when he was through on goal -Berisha and Le Fondre would not have hesitated.Jair need more minutes and why not give Kuol and Majok chances.Anyway hopefully can give Phoenix a run for their money.

booney

Interesting that WU is smashing Adelaide at Hindmarsh.I thought WU may have had one of those games where every thing went their way last week but maybe they are building up a head of steam building up to the finals and the match against us was their turning point.

Wombat

Jair or Murray??? Jair every day.

But if the back six are going to play like they are 6yo it doesnt matter who is up top.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Interesting that WU is smashing Adelaide at Hindmarsh.I thought WU may have had one of those games where every thing went their way last week but maybe they are building up a head of steam building up to the finals and the match against us was their turning point.
Adelaide are shite. They can attack, but their defence is as bad as ours. So, if their attack is having an off day - or you manage to shut them down (which, admittedly, is very difficult - their attack is excellent), then they're ripe for the taking.
Adelaide's weakness is that they only need to be beat in one part of the field.

Pirate Pete

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-mariners-matchday-20-preview

Stajcic is welcoming back Danny DeSilva and Tommy Oar after they both missed the clash with Western United,
but said it’s unlikely that teenager Alou Kuol features for the second week in a row.

“It’ll be tough [for him], with Tommy and Danny coming back into the squad, so I’m not sure he’ll be in the squad this week,” Stajcic said.

Squads |

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9. Jordan MURRAY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 15. Kye ROWLES, 17. Sam SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matt SIMON, 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 24. Chris HAROLD, 26. Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO, 44. Alou KUOL **2-4 to be omitted**

In: 10.Tommy OAR (Promoted), 11.Daniel DESILVA (Return from Illness)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable:

Wellington Phoenix squad: 1.Stefan MARINOVIC (gk), 2.Liam McGING, 3.Luke DEVERE, 4.Te Atawhai HUDSON-WIHONGI, 5.Matti STEINMANN, 6.Tim PAYNE, 7.Reno PISCOPO, 8.Cameron DEVLIN, 9. David BALL, 10.Ulises DAVILA, 11.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 12. Brandan Wilson, 13.Liberato CACACE, 14.Alex RUFER, 20.Oliver SAIL (gk), 21.Callum MCCOWATT, 27.Steven TAYLOR (c), 31.Ben WAINE, 32.Sam SUTTON, 88. Gary HOOPER **2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 2.Liam McGING (Promoted), 31. Ben WAINE (Promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 16.Louis FENTON (Shoulder - season), 23.Walter SCOTT (Injury – Knee)

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, I guess Staj will pick another squad again...is it any wonder we can’t get shit together !anyway , digits entangled for a nil all draw cause a clean sheet would be awesome :vhappy:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred