• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd1 - CCM v MV - home

Ancient Mariner

Quite surprised by tonight's game. I picked Melbourne to be one of the top sides this year but our boys played above themselves.

Doka was definitely man of the match. a cut above everyone else on the field both in ball control and vision and organisation. As Michael said earlier I see a possible #10 there, very good passes to people running on.
I think Tappy has found a permanent home next to Brian. Looked totally in control and comfortable.
Mauragis had a great game and was in everything but is he lacking a touch of pace.
Storm was strong but too many wayward passes.
Alfie played the best I have seen him owned the DM position and got the ball moving froward well.
I was disappointed somewhat in Harry's game he seemed to dither too much on the ball trying to make a decision, worked hard in defence.
Some people seem a bit keen to lay the boot into Ferajao a bit. He is still a bit raw but I love his enthusiasm. Both he and Ngor later in the game were up against one of the best right backs in Geria. Both will make doubters eat their words before the season is over.
Kuol terrorised their defence every time a long ball was delivered but has the touch of an elephant. Why did he take a touch when he was clear? An easy first touch lob or pass into the net and it is an easy goal. Frustrating. I did like his and Edmo's pressure early. Set a lot of the tone of the game.
Edmo much improved on last season.
We have a goalkeeper. I do not understand the cause of the pre season angst. Massive distance on his clearances and what a great one handed reaction saved in the second half. He went the right way for the pen and I reckon that it was his size that mad Fornarlli send it did into the post in a failed attempt to get around his amazing height.

A good hard tough game of football with no one taking a backward step played without spite and anger. Most enjoyable.

Very proud of the effort put in by all and am now feeling more confident of a good season.

Wombat

It was not actually as bad as I was expecting but our 2nd halves have not been good of late..
Not a fan of Alfie at all.
Alfie was probably our best player tbh. He was certainly more impressive than Steele and Doka, who while reasonable did constantly stymie our go forward and rarely passed to feet.

Meerkat

Alfie was probably our best player tbh. He was certainly more impressive than Steele and Doka, who while reasonable did constantly stymie our go forward and rarely passed to feet.
Hubby thinks I’m being unreasonable as well. I just saw him give away the ball too many times and he seems slow.

Wombat

Fajaio, Kuol & Edmo to the bench and ACL games.

Ngor, Di Pizio & Brandtman in.
Bit more youthful energy to start games to try and not let other teams get on top off us.

And then Edmo can come on with experience and finish games off like the GF.

We still very thin in CM based on the way Jacko plays and we nearly came undone a few times.
We started Brandtman last ACL and he was completely invisible after 5 minutes. He is a player you bring on for the last 20 mins. Di piz is injured. Ngor is still a rough diamond, although Fajaio was average tonight.

Stuartmcateer

Thought the same about Doka for half of last season
I can't for the life of me understand how people hated on doka.

From the FFA cup game in the rain he looked to have some class touches. You could see easily he was going to be a gun and just needed to settle in.

Felijo doesn't give the same impression of quality.

Wombat

I can't for the life of me understand how people hated on doka.

From the FFA cup game in the rain he looked to have some class touches. You could see easily he was going to be a gun and just needed to settle in.

Felijo doesn't give the same impression of quality.
Early doors Doka looked slow and dopey. Was often out of position but once he scored that penalty he blossomed.

Felijo v early Nkololo....its a win for the Brazilian and we know how good Beni ended up. Even Angel and Papi had some of the peeps on here wanting them on a plane. I know what you are saying but let him get match fit before we judge too harshly.

Ozhammer

I haven’t been a fan of Alfie in the ACL Elite but I honestly thought he was good tonight and put in a good shift over the 90 minutes. Brian & Tapp were both solid all game and DPC, was really good between the sticks as I thought he would be. Doka worked hard, as did all of the boys in truth, although Feijao needs to learn quickly that ours is a league where effort and commitment carry more currency than tricks and flicks.

We accept the point graciously and move on to the next game.

Wombat

Ok my opinion of the game.

Not too bad. Its an improvement.

Keeper was very good. Please stay in your box occasionally though lol.
Defence was much better although they got peeled open on the left side when Victory butchered the chance. A bit ponderous with our passing out at times.
Tapp was excellent and helped Brian rediscover his form.
Midfield was ok but apart from Alfie had little penetration. I was actually pissed off at how slowly we moved the ball, especially when trying to break down 10 men.
Some people were happy with Doka.....i was not. Ponderous and at times lazy with the runs he should be doing to pull defenders out of shape. Passing average and driving with the ball tentative. He wasn't bad but he certainly didn't deserve any plaudits. I DO NOT see him as a 10.
The two strikers work hard and defend very well from the front but they really need to sharpen up in front of goal and neither of them can head a ball.

MOM. 3pts Tappy. 2pts Alfie. 1pt Dylan Peraić-Cullen and Kaltak.

No one was bad. Brandtman looked good when he came on.

Most important point......how was our innocuous challenge a penalty and their blatant push in the back not given. As usual Fagani is a APL stooge.

Stuartmcateer

Early doors Doka looked slow and dopey. Was often out of position but once he scored that penalty he blossomed.
He looked out of position at times but more in a foreign tourist who misunderstood the directions to the hotel rather than a Manuel from Fawlty towers hopelessness.

Some of his touches and passing early doors was levels above and the rest weren't on the same wavelength.

The penalty definitely lifted his confidence as it did Torres when he scored his to get off the mark.

Maybe all the wee man needs is a spot kick 🤷🏻‍♂️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trish