• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd1 - CCM v MV - home

Ironbark

Happy overall. Outclassed in the first half but we'll grow, and the signs are there for some very good moments on the way.

We we very good after the red. Need to connect mid to forwards, Jacko will be all over this.

Young guys all did themselves proud and excited to follow them this season. Happy to stick with this general line up with tweaks here and here game to game

Ads

If we can keep the 4/5 youngsters together this year and give them games our front 5 won’t cost much next year and has huge potential.
If you take out Edmo and Kuol still looks the goods.

And imagine if Kaltak was to be sold in January?
(And Trent wasn’t ready for return)

Could be the youngest starting 11 in Aleague history.

————————-Cullen——————————
Doka———Kaltak———-Tapp———Maragous
Brandt———Alfie———Steele—————Ngor
————————Piz/Eames————————
———————Duarte/DeLima———————

Stuartmcateer

And that was a stone cold hand ball
And that's my point.

We got away with one. They probably got away with one last night.

The one we got away with lead to a treble so I'm ok with that trade off.

Look at the Euro calls. Trailing arm was usually not called as a pen.

1729296557268.jpeg

I still think they need to make it that if the ball hits the hand/arm it's handball regardless of its position. Then everyone knows where they stand.

Last edited:

Michael

Looking back I’m actually pretty comfortable with the result. Some relief that we held our own with (on paper) a weaker team. Yeah we had some luck but arguably some luck didn’t go our way either with the handball.
DPC was solid, he’ll make mistakes along the way but his body language impressed me. He showed signs he can ping a diagonal and his passing will improve with confidence.
Tappy was good in CB, looked very comfortable so i think Jacko needs to stick with that as much as possible.
Mauragis was very good imo, I’ve said before, he’s not as defensively good as fazz, but definitely better going forward.
Alfie was brilliant 2nd half imo.
Doka was very quiet which was a surprise, no concern there though.
The young boys that came on were brilliant and gave us a big lift late on. None of them looked phased and were very comfortable. Bailey was confident, Eames was excellent on the ball, fast and sharp touches. I can 100% see Duarte getting regular starts this season. Same energy and speed as Alou but so much better on the ball.

Seems pretty 50/50 opinions on alou here. I will say, his energy in pressing is always welcomed. But he is a striker, he cannot fill any other position. We need goals from him (and big Eddy). And alou in particular is so lazy in and around the box to get on the end of things or be a genuine option and I don’t think anyone can really argue that. I personally have an expectation he’ll do something incredibly dumb that’ll get him sent off every time he plays. His touch is horrific, I genuinely wonder if he puts in any effort to improve it and he is literally bambi on ice even on a mid December summers day. Hot take, he was the one who deserved the red card in that moment with Geria. That was f**ked.

Melange

Our new keeper and Duarte's families sitting in front if me.....so proud at the way their boys played. DPC's brother so nervous the whole game.
I thought Jacko did his subs well today, although perhaps Fajitas should have been subbed earlier.
Tapp and Kaltak looked good together....Steele tried hard but it's the middle we are losing it in.
I'm looking forward to Harry getting more game time, I don't think he's played that many minutes in any of the games leading up to this so I think he'll take a couple of games to get back to the standard he can play.

Ads

Even without Di Pizio out for a couple of weeks, could do Brandtman or Eames as number 10.

I think still better than having Kuol and Edmo side by side.
They did well to slow down the bombard in the first half to a degree but I think against any teams other than Syd, Vic & WSW we should go on the front foot.

Huddo

And that's my point.

We got away with one. They probably got away with one last night.

The one we got away with lead to a treble so I'm ok with that trade off.

Look at the Euro calls. Trailing arm was usually not called as a pen.

View attachment 3508

I still think they need to make it that if the ball hits the hand/arm it's handball regardless of its position. Then everyone knows where they stand.

I look forward to the consistency of the ruling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanelleWat