• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Michael

Well I kinda wish I didn’t pop my head into the forum today. The day we all knew was coming but could never be prepared for.
I just hope not all the staff go with them, Bernal, the GK coach, Bryce and physio staff all crucial elements to our success.
One of the biggest losses will be Monty’s scouting contacts.
I’d be happy with either Cahn or Hutcho.

Cahn because of his record of developing players and already well known to plenty of the boys in the squad but does he have the international scouting contacts?

Hutcho because he’s an icon of the club, similar values to Monty and knows the right culture of the club. Would be a very smooth transition and keep the out of the loop casual fans happy. Could have decent scouting contacts given how long he’s been abroad. Admittedly not too familiar with his coaching style, tactically.

crock

Well I kinda wish I didn’t pop my head into the forum today. The day we all knew was coming but could never be prepared for.
I just hope not all the staff go with them, Bernal, the GK coach, Bryce and physio staff all crucial elements to our success.
One of the biggest losses will be Monty’s scouting contacts.
I’d be happy with either Cahn or Hutcho.

Cahn because of his record of developing players and already well known to plenty of the boys in the squad but does he have the international scouting contacts?

Hutcho because he’s an icon of the club, similar values to Monty and knows the right culture of the club. Would be a very smooth transition and keep the out of the loop casual fans happy. Could have decent scouting contacts given how long he’s been abroad. Admittedly not too familiar with his coaching style, tactically.
In regards to coaching no guarantees any of will stay even if monty doesn't take anyone else any coach usually would like to bring some of there own staff in

Tevor

Struggling to stay positive, so easy for the Club to slip back into the bad days and everyone trying to get rid of us again. Was looking forward to the AFC cup, might book late depending on how we perform in the early rounds.

Corsair

Eh, been here before, will be here again.

18 seasons gives you some perspective. The sky will not fall in, the club will be here in 18 more seasons even if I am not.
It's really deflating after having built up something really good and having some success at last, after so many poor seasons. I had a lot of hope for this season.

See you in 2 years Jase! Didn't realise he meant back in Scotland.

Tevor

I can see us now having a Western United year after a championship. I pose a choice with no hindsight. Win a Championship and lose players and your manager or have a competitive year and keep players and manager. I guess I really enjoyed the pasting we gave the plastics, now just back to being a rusted on and enjoy a win every now and then.

crock

We havefind away to remain competitive its our only way the club survives by making sure we are competitive we get the crowd we always knew monty going was always a possibility its about how the new coach goes after him

Tevor

We havefind away to remain competitive its our only way the club survives by making sure we are competitive we get the crowd we always knew monty going was always a possibility its about how the new coach goes after him
The start to this season and the AFC cup are crucial, look ordinary and all those teetering on the edge don’t come to games. The huge challenge for the Club is not letting this impact results and that will be harder than having a crap season which is very easy to do.

Allreet?

I think the kindest thing you could say about Hutchs coaching record is "patchy"
He was undefeated in pre-season before Okon arrived and sacked him. Then he accepted a couple of difficult jobs... but was liked enough by Ange to get a gig with him in Japan.

I've seen him in action at a coach the coaches seminar and he was fantastic. Definitely knows the job but can he do the man management job? Does he have the networks?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred