• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

midfielder

I doubt too many of SFC's fans would prefer DDS as a marquee rather than Adrian Mer%$^&^%$^ ki.

He is off to China SFC just got 1.3 million, they have also lost Bobo and Arnie...

SFC need some talent... I like Wombats idea swap for O'Neil I think this kid will be a socceroo a box to box 8 ... Jedi will go soon with Milly already gone, and we have Mooy & Mass as our holding and Arnie as coach...

Michael

Kalik isn't a SFC player - according to media reports, twitter, wiki etc his loan ended and he has returned to Hajduk Split

Ah yes, I forgot about Split, did we ever get a fee for him when they made his loan from us permanent?
I think he’s a great player, just unfortunate his chance came under Moss.

Offsider

If MC didn`t step in we were GONSKI...
The FFA would have stepped in & taken the licence, never to be seen on the coast again..
Say what you want about MC but he`s no fool.
I admire him for what he has done and won`t bag him for what he hasn`t done...:popcorn:

Fair call ............ and I agree with you to a certain extent. Nobody is calling him a fool certainly not me.
I for one .......... do not judge other's characters ........... Only their actions. Let that sink in because I think a lot of people don't understand the diff.
He (mc) stepped in, in my opinion based on what has been reported, to buy a package that was a very attractive football investment. ( remember the grandiose plans of Gorman and co) Millionaires recognize things like that. He is running the finishing of the investment to fulfill it's potential with as little of his own cash input as possible, I have no-problem with that.
What I have a problem with ......... is the hard sell to get people behind his failing team and spend their money to support HIS team that he has no intention of making competitive. Eventually he will have his coe and the lucrative income package of the complete investment that was originally floated many years ago if you remember ............... and in the meantime the ccm fans are left without hope.
I am no spring chicken, not everybody has their life in front of them and can wait for the next change of ownership or the relegation.
I am 71 years old ............ I think it is reasonable that any owner of an A-league license has the responsibility to field a team in the spirit of the game .............. and it is for not giving ccm that pleasure of being competitive to win the league and only to put a team out that hopefully will avoid another spoon .............. that is what I bag mc for.

I apologise for any feathers that attitude may ruffle and I respect your right to differ with mine.............. but I have followed and watched every game that has been televised ............ and I find it sickening the lack of respect shown to ccm.
It appears that my comments have had me blocked from the facebook page. Ironic I feel as nobody wants ccm to be successful more than me. If I get blocked from this forum as well ............. Hmm-mph !!

Offsider

For the first time since Arnie we actually have a coach.
I`m thinking that may make a difference....
Wellington have Rudan too...:popcorn:

Reality check ............ Mc appointed walmsley. Candidate for worst coach ever award.
Then mc appointed okon. Not ccm's best period.

Now he has appointed Mulvey .............. many years ago an a-league championship winner that was cut the next year. Has been appointed to various women's teams and appointments blah blah blah and ended up in that thai backwater for two years blah blah blah. It is an area for football that is not renowned for it's quality but more so as a last chance dance ...... and has brought with him a player that spent two years wallowing there.
If Mulvey stacks up, and the coaching team assembled around him may indicate more confidence than I have at the moment, then a first step towards respectability is most welcome. He is ex Manchester united who I have followed since I was under 12 when we were playing in a grand-final the day the news of busby's plane went down. We all wore black sox for the game which we won 3-0. I live in hope.
:popcorn::popcorn: :shoutclap:

Wombat

Offy.
Couple of decent posts old chap.
A few points.

1. Mulvey is the real deal. Dont slag him until you watch us play.
2. Players and coaches go where there is a decent paycheck and Asian Leagues are bigger and pay more that HAL.
3. You are flogging a dead horse with McGing at RB. If i had to find a spot for him it would be CDM. The boy is good cover, nothing more.
4. Ease up on those Red Wine casks if you want to get a letter from the Queen.:cheers:

Offsider

Offy.
Couple of decent posts old chap.
A few points.

1. Mulvey is the real deal. Dont slag him until you watch us play.
2. Players and coaches go where there is a decent paycheck and Asian Leagues are bigger and pay more that HAL.
3. You are flogging a dead horse with McGing at RB. If i had to find a spot for him it would be CDM. The boy is good cover, nothing more.
4. Ease up on those Red Wine casks if you want to get a letter from the Queen.:cheers:

Yo !!!....... Wombat *......... how's your cat ???
Point return if may ???
1. I really hope so ........ Don't get me wrong. I am a Roar Mulvey* fan. But there has been a lot of water under the bridge since he put serious runs on the board. Not slagging him :mad: I'm just saying for me it's just too early to judge him at the moment for coach of the year awards etc.

2. " a paycheck" ......... Is also appropriate. If what you say is true I would ask the question why he is back here???

3. Based on his previous seasons I was one of McGing's* biggest detractors. I saw a definite improvement under okon* at the start of last season ........ Along with everybody else's ......... But this season he looks like he has put in the effort, he looks physically10% bigger then he was and if he has matured, which is indicated, a new assessment under Mulvey's influence might be appropriate. The old Mulvey* would have relished mentoring him.

4. Can't won't ......... Need to wash down all that bloody popcorn I have been gifted on here :p ......... and I'm hoping it is a letter from the King....... No disrespect to her Majesty.:wub:

* ........... I use capitals as a mark of respect to those that I think have earned it and lower case to those that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

scottmac

Suspended
"very attractive football investment."

Not sure that a club in massive debt not paying wages or super and struggling to get a grandiose plan off the ground in an area with a population that doesn't have the affluence of the capital cities is classed is a very attractive football investment. Everything that happens on the coast happens at a snails pace. Maybe even slower than that.

Offsider

Not sure that a club in massive debt not paying wages or super and struggling to get a grandiose plan off the ground in an area with a population that doesn't have the affluence of the capital cities is classed is a very attractive football investment. Everything that happens on the coast happens at a snails pace. Maybe even slower than that.

As I understand from the initial plan submission the coe is not aimed for central coast patronage. It is/was intended to attract asian mega dollar teams for pre season prep etc, expert medical recovery facility etc.

Maybe there is a mckinna backlash in the background now he has scarpered and the council changing their planning approvals blah blah blah.

Once again the mc / club issue raises it's head scottmac. To me they are one in the same............. You seem to think that they are separate identities for the purposes of the team ???........... they may be separate companies but it will be mc that is underwriting the losses of both and claiming the tax advantages. I don't know what is so unattractive as getting a handout from ffa and spending part of it on your investment property ???? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Now all my good will towards him is burned and I was one his strongest supporters. He can get fkd. If Sydney want to do a player swap the club should go for it. But there is no way in hell should we let another player go for free.
He can fkn rot in NYL. Dock him his pay for non attendance.
What a little scum bag.
God he's a prima Donna little f**kwit. Does he realise that he's deadset rubbish ?
But he's f**king over the club worse than wee Mac ever did.
Given he isn't holding up his end of the contract surely the club can demand some penalty from him? The threat of keeping him on the books and not letting him play for 2 years should sort out the little c***.. I never want to see him sully our colours again.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Apologies if any sensibilities are warped by these mad pirates
You know, we could modify it to make it a little more family friendly:

Screw you
Da Silva is a wanker
We're go_nna punch him right in the balls!

Up yours
With a bloody anchor
Da Silva is useless
And a club - jumping whore!

Insertnamehere

Your affluence is my effluence

pjennings

Well said Mike!!!

Charlesworth vows to stop ‘on strike’ De Silva walking out on Mariners

Miffed Central Coast Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth has told contract rebel Daniel De Silva he will not be allowed to renege on the remainder of his four-year deal, unless the club are “adequately compensated”.

BY DAVE LEWIS

The fringe Socceroos attacking midfielder has effectively “gone on strike”, according to Charlesworth, by snubbing the opening week of pre-season training in Gosford as he seeks to end his association with the club and sign instead for Sydney FC.

However, Charlesworth is digging his heels in, offering De Silva, 21, a blunt “get back to work” message.

With three years left on his Mariners contract, De Silva is still officially under the umbrella of Serie A club Roma, who signed the one-time prodigy from Perth Glory before farming him out to Dutch club Roda JC.

He was brought to the Central Coast last season by former Mariners coach Paul Okon, with Charlesworth insisting: “He’s contracted to us for another three years and we want him to see out the contract.

“He’s not leaving, and what I’m saying is he should get in his car and turn up for work.”

1x1

Charlesworth questioned the advice De Silva has been receiving from his management team, which includes former Socceroos stalwart Vince Grella, inferring they may be behind the player’s no-show stance.

“Him not turning up and effectively going on strike is not good for his development, nor his brand,” added Charlesworth.

“He’s not leaving unless we are adequately compensated.”

Compensation, if offered by Sydney, could come in the form of a player swap deal.

Either way, Charlesworth is in no mood to allow a smooth exit, adding: “A couple of years back Daniel was being talked about as one of the great hopes of Australian football.

“He has a lot of ability but now he’s being advised not to go to work. What sort of advice is that? I don’t believe he’s decided this on his own.

1x1

“He should be coming in and proving himself and showing his calibre to eventually get a contract back in Europe.”

The Mariners have taken legal advice on where they stand in the dispute.

“Our position is very strong, he is contracted to us. I think his representatives felt they could get out of the contract, but they can’t,” continued Charlesworth.

“It’s pretty straightforward from our point of view.

“How can a club give him the security of a long-term contract on decent money and he is then able to walk away?
“That’s not what contracts are about. Players shouldn’t be allowed to just walk away when it suits them.”

While the Mariners aren’t responsible for the entirety of De Silva’s wages, they do contribute around $200,000 per season.

And Charlesworth is prepared to keep paying while De Silva is effectively left in limbo, to make what he believes is a point of principle.

“I’m prepared to pay him whilst not playing him,” he added.

The World Game sought comment from De Silva’s management team on Thursday night.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/charlesworth-vows-to-stop-on-strike-de-silva-walking-out-on-mariners

Insertnamehere

Well said Mike!!!

Charlesworth vows to stop ‘on strike’ De Silva walking out on Mariners

Miffed Central Coast Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth has told contract rebel Daniel De Silva he will not be allowed to renege on the remainder of his four-year deal, unless the club are “adequately compensated”.

BY DAVE LEWIS

The fringe Socceroos attacking midfielder has effectively “gone on strike”, according to Charlesworth, by snubbing the opening week of pre-season training in Gosford as he seeks to end his association with the club and sign instead for Sydney FC.

However, Charlesworth is digging his heels in, offering De Silva, 21, a blunt “get back to work” message.

With three years left on his Mariners contract, De Silva is still officially under the umbrella of Serie A club Roma, who signed the one-time prodigy from Perth Glory before farming him out to Dutch club Roda JC.

He was brought to the Central Coast last season by former Mariners coach Paul Okon, with Charlesworth insisting: “He’s contracted to us for another three years and we want him to see out the contract.

“He’s not leaving, and what I’m saying is he should get in his car and turn up for work.”

1x1

Charlesworth questioned the advice De Silva has been receiving from his management team, which includes former Socceroos stalwart Vince Grella, inferring they may be behind the player’s no-show stance.

“Him not turning up and effectively going on strike is not good for his development, nor his brand,” added Charlesworth.

“He’s not leaving unless we are adequately compensated.”

Compensation, if offered by Sydney, could come in the form of a player swap deal.

Either way, Charlesworth is in no mood to allow a smooth exit, adding: “A couple of years back Daniel was being talked about as one of the great hopes of Australian football.

“He has a lot of ability but now he’s being advised not to go to work. What sort of advice is that? I don’t believe he’s decided this on his own.

1x1

“He should be coming in and proving himself and showing his calibre to eventually get a contract back in Europe.”

The Mariners have taken legal advice on where they stand in the dispute.

“Our position is very strong, he is contracted to us. I think his representatives felt they could get out of the contract, but they can’t,” continued Charlesworth.

“It’s pretty straightforward from our point of view.

“How can a club give him the security of a long-term contract on decent money and he is then able to walk away?
“That’s not what contracts are about. Players shouldn’t be allowed to just walk away when it suits them.”

While the Mariners aren’t responsible for the entirety of De Silva’s wages, they do contribute around $200,000 per season.

And Charlesworth is prepared to keep paying while De Silva is effectively left in limbo, to make what he believes is a point of principle.

“I’m prepared to pay him whilst not playing him,” he added.

The World Game sought comment from De Silva’s management team on Thursday night.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/charlesworth-vows-to-stop-on-strike-de-silva-walking-out-on-mariners
Yew Mike! Finally something we can all cheer for.

scottmac

Suspended
As I understand from the initial plan submission the coe is not aimed for central coast patronage. It is/was intended to attract asian mega dollar teams for pre season prep etc, expert medical recovery facility etc.

Maybe there is a mckinna backlash in the background now he has scarpered and the council changing their planning approvals blah blah blah.

Once again the mc / club issue raises it's head scottmac. To me they are one in the same............. You seem to think that they are separate identities for the purposes of the team ???........... they may be separate companies but it will be mc that is underwriting the losses of both and claiming the tax advantages. I don't know what is so unattractive as getting a handout from ffa and spending part of it on your investment property ???? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Let's see you prove that the FFA grant money is spent on the COE. The point I was making that you've hijacked is that the FFA grant is not MC money It's CCM's to be spent on CCM and it doesn't cover the total and nor is it meant to. CCM use the difference between grant and cap floor to limit the operating loss. If he's been syphoning it off to the COE then we'd have heard about it well before now and the FFA and the rest of the league would be up in arms and we'd have more than likely lost our licence. I'm sure that CCM has to account for the spending of the grant in detail and syphoning off money from a loss making entity is not an easy thing to do. Not that I've ever tried.
Also someone syphoning money would not be operating on the floor. We'd be reporting maximum cost and most likely inflated operating costs.

Michael

It’s as if mikes read this thread about DDS.
Bang on

If only he was that passionate about funding the squad properly....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred