• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Insertnamehere

sydmariner

So would Roma want us to release him so there 200,000 euro payment is also released or they want him at a bigger better club right now.

Also if he is having to force our hand by not training does this mean the Okon clause didn’t exist or it has lapsed as he has taken to long trying to get another club. Sort of hedging his bets.

In all reality if we can’t send him overseas we will probably have to settle for a player swap with Sydney. How should we target?
wilko

Big Al

That's a bit much .... he can go in the next Italian window .. or he can stay on books not getting paid for 3 years.
The other option is to buy out his contract but at $500,000 x 3 yrs. he will never recoup that. Hence the pressure to get the Mariners to fold.

Reactions: adz

bikinigirl

Explains why the training schedule was a joke last year. Must have been awkward hitting the phones, first caller through is Okon from the carpark...

. also explains why there was only 25 minutes a week for tactics ... the mind boggles about what those tactics may have involved then

Michael

What a little wanker, massive sour taste.
A career that still has promise (barely) and he’s clearly so focused on a quick buck.
I always find it hilarious when players show their true colours.
Yes I find things hiliarious quite often in football.

A player with massive injury issues in the last 2 years and barely a full season of footy and an overall extremely average one (don’t care if the team was crap,a high quality player consistently shows quality... tommy h etc) so I really can’t see any OS club with half a brain paying for him.
Player swap at this moment is the best outcome.
I’d love wilko obviously, but in a straight swap I’d prefer a similar age player and definitely a midfielder.

Kalik anyone?

Not many liked him when with us, but I personally rated him.

Gratis

What a little wanker, massive sour taste.
A career that still has promise (barely) and he’s clearly so focused on a quick buck.
I always find it hilarious when players show their true colours.
Yes I find things hiliarious quite often in football.

A player with massive injury issues in the last 2 years and barely a full season of footy and an overall extremely average one (don’t care if the team was crap,a high quality player consistently shows quality... tommy h etc) so I really can’t see any OS club with half a brain paying for him.
Player swap at this moment is the best outcome.
I’d love wilko obviously, but in a straight swap I’d prefer a similar age player and definitely a midfielder.

Kalik anyone?

I wouldn't swap a $200,000 - $500,000 player for Kalik
Kalik may pan out but that's a big wager

bikinigirl

So would Roma want us to release him so there 200,000 euro payment is also released or they want him at a bigger better club right now.

Also if he is having to force our hand by not training does this mean the Okon clause didn’t exist or it has lapsed as he has taken to long trying to get another club. Sort of hedging his bets.

In all reality if we can’t send him overseas we will probably have to settle for a player swap with Sydney. How should we target?

. I had heard a rumour there was no Okon clause in the DDS contract ... but I suggest it served as a convenient smoke-screen while the Club tried to deal with a pretentious little so-and-so and while being careful of a tricky situation whereby another Club was paying the bulk of his wages

. the way MC has been talking recently I wouldn't put it past him to keep the contract and not play him to teach him a lesson (but that is not likely) ... for another three years

. I was worried that if we weren't paying him then we would be in breach of contract ... but if he is not training as required then he should be in breach ... maybe we can sue him for the value of the last three years of his contract

style_cafe

So ........ If mc is responsible for keeping us afloat ????

Who is responsible for allowing us to sink ???. Are my recriminations ( there's a big word ......... Being wasted on the wrong person ????

Just seeking clarification not having a shot across your bow :doh:

If MC didn`t step in we were GONSKI...
The FFA would have stepped in & taken the licence, never to be seen on the coast again..
Say what you want about MC but he`s no fool.
I admire him for what he has done and won`t bag him for what he hasn`t done...:popcorn:

style_cafe

I do not share your optimism.
Cisse and Hiariej might hold their own in other a-league starting squads although Cisse is an unknown quantity at the moment. Kennedy is no worse than most other keepers and I hold out a lot of hope for McGing this season ............. I see the rest as having been discarded and unwanted by other teams even as bench warmers. Rowles, Melling and Pain have the opportunity of rising to the level required but I see another spoon coming up with that squad.
I'm not really a '' naysayer" I just prefer to measure things in real terms and believe that the club is not competing in the spirit of the league to be competitive.
I can understand that this post will attract a lot of disagreement red crosses but I would really like somebody to change my mindset. :-|:-|

For the first time since Arnie we actually have a coach.
I`m thinking that may make a difference....
Wellington have Rudan too...:popcorn:

Manny_ccm

....but in a straight swap I’d prefer a similar age player and definitely a midfielder.
Kalik anyone?

Kalik isn't a SFC player - according to media reports, twitter, wiki etc his loan ended and he has returned to Hajduk Split

style_cafe

The idea of playing in a league is to win it and be champions.
The ffa finance the cap for teams to buy and pay quality players which nine of the ten teams do.
Mc has down sized the spend on players to such an extent that another spoon looms ............ and relegation is around the corner. At this stage there is no talk of anybody other than the owner paying 2nd div players wages.
The plug is well and truly out of the bath and the vortex has formed which will take everything with it ........... Ok, so now I am a naysayer .........sorry.
If mc has a plan to recover the player roster so that relegation is not in the future I would like to hear it. I would like to hear that the cap money is not finishing the centre and once it is complete the team is for sale ...............

I'm really depressed today ....... One of my goldfish died:(:(

Which one?...:popcorn:

style_cafe

But CCM does not make a profit? So he has nothing to write off against.

He can’t write off phone sex profits on CCM. Unless maybe he’s getting the boys to man the hot lines in between training sessions.
That` could be why so many have departed...they couldn`t give a f***

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred