• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

pjennings

I was replying to a reference to whether a younger player [Storm] being spry enough and was asking whether Sainsbury has had plenty of game time recently because a CB pairing isn't something I think we should ideally change mid game if one member isn't quite match ft.
Storm - the younger (he'd love that) has to motor up and down the flanks. Completely different requirement to what Trent needs. If you need to compare then Storm and Brian are the same age - compare him with Brian. No-one is questioning whether Brian will play a full game.

Hello Sailor

Storm - the younger (he'd love that) has to motor up and down the flanks. Completely different requirement to what Trent needs. If you need to compare then Storm and Brian are the same age - compare him with Brian. No-one is questioning whether Brian will play a full game.
I think too much was being read into my questions. I genuinely want to know if he was getting plenty of game with his last club as I hope he CAN play full games for us. Previously there was talk about Paull and Diesel getting plenty of minutes [as well as playing three at the back where Storm wasn't mentioned] and I think Brian making way for either Paull or Diesel would be brave. On the other hand the young guys DO need to develop and need game time. Maybe give them game time when we are several goals up.

pjennings

This is not a fair comparison. Brian is the fastest and most physical player in the squad. Storm has recovered from a major injury and is not the genetic beast Brian is. However, Storm has huge balls and infinite determination. Both pillars of the squad.
I meant compare Trent to Brian as they are similar age and play a similar position

Michael

The fact Sains want to spend the next 3 years here says a lot about the club at the moment. He would have no doubt had better paying offers to consider
100%
Clubs done so well getting this deal done.

He would’ve had so many f**king options, perth in particular would be burning he didn’t go there.

turbo

The effect of this signing on the membership and the draw of casuals can't be understated. From a community perspective this is a massive signing, before a ball is even kicked.
I think the biggest aspect is the statement of intent. You could look at our squad and across the league and think well distributions are down so it’s competitive but nothing incredible and you’d forgive the clubs for not extending themselves. To go out and sign a player of his quality and notoriety says we want to give this thing a proper go.

Corsair

I think the biggest aspect is the statement of intent. You could look at our squad and across the league and think well distributions are down so it’s competitive but nothing incredible and you’d forgive the clubs for not extending themselves. To go out and sign a player of his quality and notoriety says we want to give this thing a proper go.
I agree, but we've only got one.

shipwreck

Huge signing and something I genuinely didn't see coming.

Does anyone have info on what the catalyst for this was, was at an opportunistic thing? Was it triggered by put pre season and Jacko assessing that neither Paull or Herrington would cut it?

Makes me really wish we had another Australia Cup game we could watch.... 👀😢

Michael

Huge signing and something I genuinely didn't see coming.

Does anyone have info on what the catalyst for this was, was at an opportunistic thing? Was it triggered by put pre season and Jacko assessing that neither Paull or Herrington would cut it?

Makes me really wish we had another Australia Cup game we could watch.... 👀😢
Paull and Diesel are fine, I don’t know but the feeling I get is.. we needed a big player, no matter the position, for the ACL. We needed atleast one player who is genuinely a cut above. I can’t take my hat off hard enough to applaud the club getting this one done. But it’s also got me dreaming of one more super impressive signing we could make happen…
Has to be an Aussie.
Cumdog won’t come back yet, still inside his 2 year promise to Monty and is already playing ACL.

Does garang have a loan sorted?

JB16

Paull and Diesel are fine, I don’t know but the feeling I get is.. we needed a big player, no matter the position, for the ACL. We needed atleast one player who is genuinely a cut above. I can’t take my hat off hard enough to applaud the club getting this one done. But it’s also got me dreaming of one more super impressive signing we could make happen…
Has to be an Aussie.
Cumdog won’t come back yet, still inside his 2 year promise to Monty and is already playing ACL.

Does garang have a loan sorted?
No he doesn't yet...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred