• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

FFC Mariner

Am I the only one not yet convinced about Edmondson?
Yes he did some good work in the AFC and in our finals but is two goals in twelve matches in the regular A League season really good enough?
Agree - to be fair to him he is doing what it says on the tin. Working hard and not scoring. Whats sadder is Alou is a shadow of the player he was and was honking last night. He is anonymous in most games
Strikers cost big $$ and we dont have that

Reactions: adz

Hello Sailor

Agree - to be fair to him he is doing what it says on the tin. Working hard and not scoring. Whats sadder is Alou is a shadow of the player he was and was honking last night. He is anonymous in most games
Strikers cost big $$ and we dont have that
I'm glad that we can agree on something :)

style_cafe

The DWH situation is my one and only gripe with Jacko. And it’s only a small one, ofcourse in Jacko we trust.
But

A huge amount of effort and large amount of game time was given to Wilson early last season until it was decided he really ain’t good enough. Work was and still is put into other lads in the squad to improve them to get maximum output.. why is it not the case with DWH? I get that his size and style of forward isn’t what Jacko wants, but, it kind of is. He likes pressing forwards, DWH is that. Yeah he’s not a hold up target man but I’ll argue to the death that he’s a better footballer than Alou. He’s of aleague standard at a minimum. If money is so tight and we’re cutting back room and office staff, why can we afford to never use a player who is assumed on an above average salary?
He gets slated on here and I firmly believe a lot of it isn’t justified, he’s shown tremendous attitude in a shit time for him personally. 9/10 players in this league would be publicly screaming. He’s grafting.
Jacko and Danny have proven they’re great at improving players, I really don’t understand why DWH hasn’t been given a genuine chance. It’s mind boggling.
Totally agree Michael DWH is a genuine nice guy,a consumate , hard working Professional with a great work ethic. His lack of gametime/opporttunity with us has been appalling and is the only stain on the club in the past 2 years…

marinermick

Totally agree Michael DWH is a genuine nice guy,a consumate , hard working Professional with a great work ethic. His lack of gametime/opporttunity with us has been appalling and is the only stain on the club in the past 2 years…

Stain on the club? Two separate coaches didn’t play him and we won the grand final two years in a row with the premiership last season. I see nothing appalling with selections.

Unless you have information we are not privy to, your post is over the top.

FFC Mariner

Stain on the club? Two separate coaches didn’t play him and we won the grand final two years in a row with the premiership last season. I see nothing appalling with selections.

Unless you have information we are not privy to, your post is over the top.
He may have clauses in his contract related to games played

Michael

Am I the only one not yet convinced about Edmondson?
Yes he did some good work in the AFC and in our finals but is two goals in twelve matches in the regular A League season really good enough?
It’s a fair assessment to this point I think, BUT he can very easily change that this season and IMO is very likely to.
The new players should provide better service for him and he’ll be fitter and more in sync with the squad. The rest is down to him. I think he’ll be great this season, more goals atleast. We’re better with him leading the line than Alou. Alou should’ve improved his ability at this point in his career with where he went. And he really hasn’t.

Ads

I have faith in Alfie but if Niz and Ballard couldn’t feed Edmo than I’m going against the grain and saying statistics will be similar for Edmo this year.

If we win some trophies then all good but in saying that we do we think the new mids can get the goals that Niz, Ballard, Torres picked up here and there to win the games?

I think we need a change in structure to suit our new players and as mentioned it will take a fair few games against A-league teams to find out the trend and style teams are playing this year.

marinermick

I have faith in Alfie but if Niz and Ballard couldn’t feed Edmo than I’m going against the grain and saying statistics will be similar for Edmo this year.

If we win some trophies then all good but in saying that we do we think the new mids can get the goals that Niz, Ballard, Torres picked up here and there to win the games?

I think we need a change in structure to suit our new players and as mentioned it will take a fair few games against A-league teams to find out the trend and style teams are playing this year.

We have the most tactically astute coach and assistant in the history of the league. They will work it out. It took them a while last time. It may take them a while again.

What I am certain is that we don’t have the cattle to be competitive in the ACL. That is next level!

shipwreck

Well now that the APL magically decided to review the Cacares rule... And then 13 seconds later Paulsen was announced at Auckland, I fully expect Nizzy to be announced at another ALeague club.

FFC Mariner

Well now that the APL magically decided to review the Cacares rule... And then 13 seconds later Paulsen was announced at Auckland, I fully expect Nizzy to be announced at another ALeague club.
We let him walk so good luck to the bloke. No longer anything to do with CCM
Great marquee pick up for Scums new owners

JB16

Any chance that we make a few more signings before the start of the season, or is that it until January??

shipwreck

Agreed, but I'm now worried that the way he will end up here is by signing with an overseas parent club and then being loaned back. That's seen as a way more positive move than a pure aleague transfer.

dlanod

Agreed, but I'm now worried that the way he will end up here is by signing with an overseas parent club and then being loaned back. That's seen as a way more positive move than a pure aleague transfer.
Isn't there only two clubs that have that advantage?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred