• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Allreet?

I hope the academy goes on producing...

I trust Monty to find replacements for those he's sold to maintain momentum, but it's always a gamble when you lose so many stars.

In any case, good luck to Sammy (and Nectar). It must be so exciting to be so young and signing for such big clubs. They'll both be at the Asian Cup methinks.

crock

Hopefully its us and not another club im sure there would be other aleague clubs interested in him

Corsair

So if this is true, we are talking over 2 million in player sales alone. Plus the world cup fees plus the sell on clauses....

There is absolutely no way we didn't turn a profit
I guess some of it might be in next seasons bucket if they run things on financial year. Agree though we've done well this season.

turbo

There would be plenty of interest but barring a massive difference in coin I know Alou's preference is to be back at CCM if in Aus, for multiple reasons - loyalty, coaches, family
Unless he's agreeing to a mutual termination the financial difference is a matter for his parent club not him. But if the offers are comparable you would want to send the player where they would be happiest and most likely to play even if it means slightly less money.

Michael

Alou isn’t on millions at stuttgart. If they wanted us to cover his wage I’m sure we could. He’s possibly on similar money to what dingo was.
I agree though, if he’s loaning back to Aus we’re the heeeeeaviest of favourites to get him.

Coastalraider

Also have to consider not just game time but squad style and exposure. Asia will help firm that perspective (even from our perspective it looks like we will be beating up on minnows), and the fact we have produced 2 attacking socceroos in the last 12 months doesn’t hurt.

pjennings

'Despite the attacker's clear potential, George Moissidis of Germany's preeminent footballing publication reports that Stuttgart are preparing to send Kuol back to the Australian club they acquired him from, Central Coast Mariners.'

Michael

'Despite the attacker's clear potential, George Moissidis of Germany's preeminent footballing publication reports that Stuttgart are preparing to send Kuol back to the Australian club they acquired him from, Central Coast Mariners.'
Perhaps his there could a contract termination coming and we get him for a few years and sell again?

turbo

Perhaps his there could a contract termination coming and we get him for a few years and sell again?
Depends on the kind of money he’s on. Can’t imagine he would get say 300k+ from many A league teams so if they’ve got him on good coin he should ride it out on loan. Would love to have him back but need to be realistic about his wage and the alternatives in the market.

Michael

So Middlesbrough are apparently about to sign a 22yo winger from man city. Verrry similar type of player to Sammy. I wonder if that transfer is in doubt now?

pjennings

Twitter reporting that deal is done and agreed by both clubs - just not confirmed by either club. https://www.transfermarkt.de/kuol-k...pitel-endet-nach-zwei-jahren/view/news/424399

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred