• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Corsair

The other side is being a Brazo he might have a group he supports financially back home. Like I'd imagine Brian does.

Why ain't Brian asking then? Cultural differences I'd imagine.
1 season of pro football, the first half of which was highly questionable. He is definitely on a steep curve of improvement and played well the last 3rd but at this point he should be very grateful for the opportunity, not asking for a pay rise. I doubt they are queueing up to sign him, still a raw talent.

Meerkat

Figures quoted have been over 500,000 GBP

Quoted from where? I can’t see anything other than “6 figures” which tells us absolutely nothing. Transfermarket is usually pretty accurate.

I know we are a selling club. But to sell all our top strikers a whisper before pre season starts again, (rumours are that Tulio will go as well), is ridiculously over confident unless we’ve got people of the same quality or better, ready to bring in. If we had a rubbish season, sure. Cull and rebuild. But we are supposed to be taking our championship winning side to Asia. Are we not?

crock

Quoted from where? I can’t see anything other than “6 figures” which tells us absolutely nothing. Transfermarket is usually pretty accurate.

I know we are a selling club. But to sell all our top strikers a whisper before pre season starts again, (rumours are that Tulio will go as well), is ridiculously over confident unless we’ve got people of the same quality or better, ready to bring in. If we had a rubbish season, sure. Cull and rebuild. But we are supposed to be taking our championship winning side to Asia. Are we not?
Tulio likely to stay i reckon

pjennings

I did see something about 520,000 GBP but this is another one

"A player that is attracting a lot of attention from several Championship clubs is Sammy Silvera, 22-year-old prospect who plays for Australian side Central Coast Mariners," Palmer said.

"Apparently the board have said they wouldn't stand in his way and they would accept an offer of £500,000.

"So it's worth having a go at, you never know whether these players can make the step up, look at Jamie Vardy, who would have thought that he would have gone on to do what he's done?

"You have to take that gamble and at £500,000, it's a gamble that's worth taking."

priorpeter

I’m not as concerned about this one as I thought I might be, should it come to pass. Would have preferred another season out of him but £500k sterling is good business. The fact that we’re essentially getting double bubble for him after selling him in 2020 is a brilliant bit of business.
Just on Transfermarkt figures - they’re very, very rough, especially in the case of Australian-based players. I wouldn’t put too much stock into them.
We were always going to be fielding offers for these guys after an incredible season. I’m a big fan of the fact that we (apparently) knocked back a number of offers initially rather than just taking whatever we could get and seeing players go for a fraction of their worth.
Opportunity for players like Hammond and Migzy to progress.

Coastalraider

Chill Winston.

In Monty we trust.

At the end of the 21/22 we were ‘gutted’ losing Miller, Rowles, Urena, hatch, bozanic, Birraz, smith, Tonyik. However will we cope?!?!

We recruited Vuka, Tulio, Sammy, Triantis, Kaltak, Aqualina, Rhus, Ayongo and Kalechi. Run strong to the transfer window, then get rid of what isn’t working in Aqua, Rhus, Ayongo and Kalechi, and lose one of our brightest ever in a Garang. We bring in McGarry, Theo, and DWH plus start using youth more on the bench with a view ti this year.

We turn over a LOT. But one thing we should have learnt by now is that we find diamonds that others don’t with our visa players. We find immense talent in our own, and our oppositions youth structures and give it a chance. We rarely don’t hit the mark with recruiting, but when we miss, we fix it quickly and ruthlessly. And most important of all - the culture of this club and standards set within it means that whoever comes into our system will flourish, and play their best football.

I don’t particularly like that we are losing some of our best players, but I also don’t think the sky is falling in.

Arguably we have never been a more attractive club to come to. Arguably we haven’t had this kind of budget, since we nearly went bankrupt. We are in the best recruiting position we have ever been in - if we lose good players I have full faith that we will fill with good players. But in traditional Monty/Serge form, we will have never heard of them, and they will be better than the nonsense recruits on superannuation tours that the big teams sign.

Pirate Pete

I'm surprised Sunderland haven't come in for Sammy.
There some comments by Sunderland supporters the other day about a winger they have.
Apparently Burnley offered 9 million & the Sunderland mob thought he was worth 20 million.
If he goes I would have thought Sunderland would need a replacement.

... But that cross to Beni in the GF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred