• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Wombat

bit harsh, but if that apparent pitiful ness puts money and a potential future sell on % into the club I thank him for that.

Recky, those of us that have a nose for talent could see that he is a easy sell. I dont know if he will ever amount to anything or will end up like Amini as a bottom dweller in Europe.
Looking at those to Goals against Victory......Diaz might have less sparkle but far more end product.

Wombat

Stensness was right up there for number of tackles made for the year in any team which is probably the main factor in that rating.

I’d be more inclined to say Birraz followed by Ziggy for our POTY but we could do worse than recognising Stensness work rate.

Stenns was largely ordinary. Great work rate, good but indisciplined tackling. 2nd worst passer in the HAL after the boy we just let go. I think he scored 1 goal. I'd give him a 6 if im being very very kind.

Birraz and Ziggy are the only serious hopes for POTY.

style_cafe

I`d take him back in a heartbeat.
He`s still young,got decent skills and a good motor.
Plus he`s a local...:popcorn:

style_cafe

I'd give him another run. He got 3 assists this season which is more than a few of our attackers have managed.

It would be interesting to see how many goals he was with involved in the lead up work.
The assists are only attributed to the person that passes the ball to the scorer as far as i`m aware...:popcorn:

priorpeter

Recky, those of us that have a nose for talent could see that he is a easy sell. I dont know if he will ever amount to anything or will end up like Amini as a bottom dweller in Europe.
Looking at those to Goals against Victory......Diaz might have less sparkle but far more end product.

Bit harsh on Amini to be labelled a bottom dweller to be fair... There are AL players who’ve gone over and done far worse; Amini has been a key player in a half-decent league.
Diaz - id love to see him come through and kill it, but he’d only scored 1 goal in his last 21 appearances before that; he’ll know he has a hell of a long way to go.

Last edited:

onto it

Stenns was largely ordinary. Great work rate, good but indisciplined tackling. 2nd worst passer in the HAL after the boy we just let go. I think he scored 1 goal. I'd give him a 6 if im being very very kind.

Birraz and Ziggy are the only serious hopes for POTY.
Yes, apparently that monster stats organisation that most of the huge clubs of the world subscribe to, and viewed by their overpaid superstar managers who clearly know nothing about football, has got it all wrong once again.
God knows they should all be listening to some of us bench hacks from the bustling football centre of the world.

Wombat

Yes, apparently that monster stats organisation that most of the huge clubs of the world subscribe to, and viewed by their overpaid superstar managers who clearly know nothing about football, has got it all wrong once again.
God knows they should all be listening to some of us bench hacks from the bustling football centre of the world.

A stats man eh? Cricket might be your go.

pjennings

I realise stats spoil the fog of personal opinion. It's a criminal shame really - the right to hold biased, unsubstantiated and completely uneducated spectator views being one of the positives of the game.

I like stats as much as the next person - but they do not stand on their own. They need to be properly interpreted. I watched a Socceroo game a few years ago when Mooy was just breaking into the side. He got man of the match from the commentators - probably looking at his pass completion stats and the fact he did not turn over the ball.

What the stats did not show is that he repeatedly received the ball under no pressure, dithered on the ball before giving it to a teammate under pressure from a couple of players who subsequently lost the ball. His stats looked good, the other players' stats looked bad.

The reality was that the team lost the ball because he dithered on the ball.

onto it

I like stats as much as the next person - but they do not stand on their own. ....
All true. I believe stats have become more sophisticated quite rapidly though, with much more information today.
I agree that they can only be a starting point.

Insertnamehere

I like stats as much as the next person - but they do not stand on their own. They need to be properly interpreted. I watched a Socceroo game a few years ago when Mooy was just breaking into the side. He got man of the match from the commentators - probably looking at his pass completion stats and the fact he did not turn over the ball.

What the stats did not show is that he repeatedly received the ball under no pressure, dithered on the ball before giving it to a teammate under pressure from a couple of players who subsequently lost the ball. His stats looked good, the other players' stats looked bad.

Counting stats are garbage. Advanced stats which are just coming to the forefront in sports not called baseball is where this gets sorted out.

Wombat

Onto it.

1. How did you rate Stens yourself, without needing the support of stats? What was your mark out of 10 for the season?
2. Do you think he helped us come last or it happened inspite of his stats?
3. What part of his game does he need to improve upon iyho?

For me I see a definate HAL starter in 1 or 2 years time. This year I see a player that was not good enough for HAL yet but has alot of potential.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Onto it.

1. How did you rate Stens yourself, without needing the support of stats? What was your mark out of 10 for the season?
2. Do you think he helped us come last or it happened inspite of his stats?
3. What part of his game does he need to improve upon iyho?

For me I see a definate HAL starter in 1 or 2 years time. This year I see a player that was not good enough for HAL yet but has alot of potential.
1/10- can't believe he kept getting game time. Constantly passing to the other team. I think without him we would have done better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami