• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Pirate Pete

Birraz worries me the most, Izzo left Adelaide and that leaves one less experienced local keeper in the musical chairs game. We can’t risk having an inexperienced or poor #1. Kennedy is still far too recent in memory.
And Thomas has gone from Victory. Who picked up Crocombe from Roar yesterday.

turbo

And Thomas has gone from Victory. Who picked up Crocombe from Roar yesterday.
Acton should be their number 1 but I guess some competition and a contingency plan is good. Victory fans won’t tolerate back to back shit seasons especially if the season runs alongside AFL more this time around.

Cricko_086

I know there is a lot going on at the club atm but wasn’t it said there would be some announcements around about now? Teams are in pre season, is this sale going to make us worse than ever due to the cost saving of a outgoing owner?

turbo

I know there is a lot going on at the club atm but wasn’t it said there would be some announcements around about now? Teams are in pre season, is this sale going to make us worse than ever due to the cost saving of a outgoing owner?

The whole league is only just getting the CBA sorted out at the moment so there would likely be some signings going on soon but I’m also sure the club is laying low and keeping quiet on a few things for one reason or another. Things like a new strip or resigning that have already happened haven’t been communicated. If I had to guess they’re avoiding saying much until the sale is confirmed and possibly some additional government support pledged. Their case is weaker if they’re parading new players and asking for help to stay on the coast.

priorpeter

No ‘cost saving’ going on per se, MC is funding the club as per until the sale goes through.
Announcements - good ones - are coming over the next week or 2.

FFC Mariner

No ‘cost saving’ going on per se, MC is funding the club as per until the sale goes through.
Announcements - good ones - are coming over the next week or 2.
Fox going is certainly not bad news. Hall is a far better player and fingers crossed our recruitment team does the smart thing

onto it

Stenns was largely ordinary. Great work rate, good but indisciplined tackling. 2nd worst passer in the HAL after the boy we just let go. I think he scored 1 goal. I'd give him a 6 if im being very very kind.

Birraz and Ziggy are the only serious hopes for POTY.
And congratulations to Ziggy - well deserved.

onto it

Onto it.

1. How did you rate Stens yourself, without needing the support of stats? What was your mark out of 10 for the season?
2. Do you think he helped us come last or it happened inspite of his stats?
3. What part of his game does he need to improve upon iyho?

For me I see a definate HAL starter in 1 or 2 years time. This year I see a player that was not good enough for HAL yet but has alot of potential.
I agree with Ad when he says Stens would have done better in a team that moved forward. I interpret that as meaning an attacking, pressing team with plenty of movement into space where balls could be passed without the pass looking 90 degrees off target.
I am not sure of the criteria for point scoring, but I think Stens has a lot of potential which we'll see plenty of this coming season.
Best newcomer is a decent enough accolade from the club at this stage I would have thought. He certainly went better than the other young lads in my view.
Like most young players though, I think he needs to get a bit smarter, learn when to go hard and when to preserve the energy, how to beat others cleverly, to take all the time he has to make the best decisions, execute more consistently, and push some of the lazy teammates to do their bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred