• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

mike88

It looks like he has played 208 minutes of professional football in his life and none in 10 months. He is playing in a semi-pro league in Portugal - what more do you know about him?

I have followed Danny since his time at Blacktown City, his NPL club who I watch regularly. It was obvious then that he was much too good for NPL level football.

His coach said the same thing, he has great vision and passing , can see things around him better than most. It's true that nearly all his career has been at semi professional level but that's down to back luck more than anything else.

The last two seasons he has been in Portugal he's played 45 times there, wasn't getting paid at one club unfortunately. If you look at his highlight videos over previous seasons especially in Portugal, you'll see a lot of chances he created for others were butchered. The link below shows his appearances in Portugal.

I'm just a fan by the way, not his manager but frustrated at his lack of opportunities at a decent level.

https://www.zerozero.pt/player.php?id=536471

ashman89

Big Milan just posted on his socials how happy he was to finally score at home but also mentioned “also overjoyed because I said goodbye to him with a goal”
This scares me.
Was just about to post ahaha I sure hope the club know what they are doing. I’m already starting to lose my love for this club

turbo

I’ll preface this by saying in normal circumstances I would have liked to see Milan stay on.

But unpopular opinion time: Next season the broadcast funds have been slashed, as the poorest club that’s almost certainly going to have a significant impact on us. If we’re running on even less funds I’m not sure Milan is the best bang for our $. We desperately need an AM and he doesn’t fit the same role as say Diamanti. He also doesn’t cover the ground like Hiariej did to be able to play deeper and cover DM as well while pulling the strings. Potential injury cloud around the hernia too, that left him benched for much of the season.

It’s also possible someone else has been willing to pay more than we can/will and if that’s the case not much you can do about it.

Ads

——————New———————-

Ziggy——Fox——-New——Rowles
New——Nizzy——-New———New
——————Diaz———————
——————New———————

Subs Pref 1-
12. Simon
13. Stens
14. Kuol
15. Miller
16. Pearce

Subs Pref 2- (Sell/Loan if possible)
17. Silvera
18. Clisby
19. Desilva
20. Murray
21. Tongyik

This is how I see us moving into next season if we can afford 6 key starting positions that is.

Simons dual role likely a sub & mentor.

I think Charlesworth likes the idea of breading talent and selling on but next season probably imperative that our bench/squad players are stronger than opposition with less money likely in the competition.

I am a bit biased about Silvera, I think he is a waste on the field. A darting run twice a game is only effective if your experienced and score of the chances you get.
Hopefully we can sell/loan him asap.

As always will be a very interesting off season when it finally happens.

turbo

This is how I see us moving into next season if we can afford 6 key starting positions that is.
I think you’re being overly optimistic about who we’ll be able to drop to the bench. Also don’t think RD starting at 10 is a reliable enough option. Nothing against the kid but we NEED to lift that position more than any other spot IMO. More than happy to see him get regular minutes off the bench and not have the world on his shoulders.

pjennings

I’ll preface this by saying in normal circumstances I would have liked to see Milan stay on.

But unpopular opinion time: Next season the broadcast funds have been slashed, as the poorest club that’s almost certainly going to have a significant impact on us. If we’re running on even less funds I’m not sure Milan is the best bang for our $. We desperately need an AM and he doesn’t fit the same role as say Diamanti. He also doesn’t cover the ground like Hiariej did to be able to play deeper and cover DM as well while pulling the strings. Potential injury cloud around the hernia too, that left him benched for much of the season.

It’s also possible someone else has been willing to pay more than we can/will and if that’s the case not much you can do about it.

First of all his post is a little cryptic. It could just mean the final home game for the season.

Second, I'm pretty sure he is still carrying an injury and let's hope he can get over that, even if he is moving on. When he was first playing with us I was surprised at his speed, a lot faster than Hiariej. However, even since the re-start he has not returned with that speed.

We do need an AM desperately so you are probably right in the best bang for our $ comment.

turbo

Second, I'm pretty sure he is still carrying an injury and let's hope he can get over that, even if he is moving on. When he was first playing with us I was surprised at his speed, a lot faster than Hiariej. However, even since the re-start he has not returned with that speed.

If its something that can be fixed then I’d love to keep him around but it’s been an issue well before the restart. It’s no coincidence that as he was increasingly hindered by the injury our performances dropped. I want to say he hasn’t looked right all of 2020 not just from the restart but I can’t put my finger on an exact date.

Depending on the nature of what’s going on it could be too much risk for the club and I can’t argue with that.

marinermick

I am always saddened when you hear of players really wanting to stay but can't come to an agreement with the club. Players like Tommy H, Milan and Ziggy. These are the type of players you need to build passion and culture in the club. If a player is quality enough and wants to stay we should be bending over backwards for them. They are a known quality both as a player and a human being. Instead we send them on their way and gamble on the next import.

Tim

We didn’t sell Tommy H, from what I heard he wanted to stay but the club didn’t want him. At one of the club’s pre-season info sessions at Ettalong, Staj inferred that he wasn’t re-signed because of injuries and perhaps attitude (which would be understandable given his atrocious treatment by Mulvey - remember “Hirage”). He was all class and a major loss in my view.

The earlier message mentions Ziggy? I am really hoping he will stay but that message suggests otherwise? Pls fill us in if he’s not staying (Newcastle perhaps after that infamous coffee photo with Laurie?)...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Duric is probably one of only a couple of players you could consider a 'backbone' player for our club, IMO. One of the few players that we can build around, which is what you need for a 'rebuild' season to have had any meaning.
Increasingly it's looking like this season wasn't a 'rebuild' but a 'pass the time until we can get to year 1 of the rebuild'

Ancient Mariner

I would be pretty sure that the money was behind the issues of letting a lot of good players go. I suspect that someone thought we could do better than Tommy with the same amount of money or get two for the price of one.
I also fear that we may have even less to spend on the squad for next season hence the doubts about Ziggy and Milan.
Apart from the rich teams the new tv deal is going to hit clubs hard, especially those the rely on it to pay their players.
This belt tightening will hurt us more than most, but we will not be alone.
Hungry times are coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami