• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Pirate Pete

Newcastle Herald reporting that the F3 derby game will be played in Newcastle :mad:. Just when it looked like we may be able to at least get members into the games.

Someone mentioned in another thread that Mckinna had said the derby would be in Newcastle.
And I was thinking it would be just in time for crowds to come back, but I did say the FFA hate us so....
If this happens I'll be asking the Mariners for a refund on my membership. I wasn't going to.
But if the Mariners let the FFA off with giving away our home game and we can't go but their fans can I'll be on the blower.
Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if the FFA paid off the Mariners to let the game go ahead up there.

Come on Shaun. Get us this game.
What about the places around the ground that need the custom.
And the people working at the concession stores and security who need the work?

This is it Shaun. Is the club going to stand up for the Central Coast and itself here.
Or bend over and accept what the FFA is going to give you / us.

Letting King Gypo get another one over us isn't a good look at all.

Last edited:

turbo

But if the Mariners let the FFA off with giving away our home game and we can't go but their fans can I'll be on the blower.

Shaun mentioned the 19th when there is an NRL game already booked for CCS so it seems plausible. But I would also hope the clubs are able to allocate a decent amount for each clubs members to attend. Simply letting in jets fans would not be ok and I doubt we would roll over like that. I’d also hope that stunts aside Lawrie would be better than that.

Pirate Pete

Shaun mentioned the 19th when there is an NRL game already booked for CCS so it seems plausible. But I would also hope the clubs are able to allocate a decent amount for each clubs members to attend. Simply letting in jets fans would not be ok and I doubt we would roll over like that. I’d also hope that stunts aside Lawrie would be better than that.
Even so, the game should be our home game. Even if the club is allocated some tickets it means instead of getting in the car and getting to the stadium half an hour before kickoff. I'll now have to get all the way to Newcastle and back.
It doesn't mean the game has to be played on the 19th either.

turbo

Even so, the game should be our home game. Even if the club is allocated some tickets it means instead of getting in the car and getting to the stadium half an hour before kickoff. I'll now have to get all the way to Newcastle and back.
It doesn't mean the game has to be played on the 19th either.

I totally agree, it’s far from ideal I’m just suggesting it probably won’t be an only jets supporters affair. I would hope this means we host 2 next season as a result too.

I don’t even know if I would make the trip away, easier to slip away from the wife and kids for 2-3 hours than it is to commit to 4-5 hours. But I am willing to cut the club some slack in some pretty unusual circumstances as long as we can see they’re doing their best. McDonald Jones holds 33k according to google so 25% gives you 8250 attendees. If they open the gates to full season ticket holders from both teams as a priority they might go close to being able to accommodate them? I’d expect quite a few memberships from each team are part season onlybut whatproportion I don’t know.

Pirate Pete

I totally agree, it’s far from ideal I’m just suggesting it probably won’t be an only jets supporters affair. I would hope this means we host 2 next season as a result too.

I don’t even know if I would make the trip away, easier to slip away from the wife and kids for 2-3 hours than it is to commit to 4-5 hours. But I am willing to cut the club some slack in some pretty unusual circumstances as long as we can see they’re doing their best. McDonald Jones holds 33k according to google so 25% gives you 8250 attendees. If they open the gates to full season ticket holders from both teams as a priority they might go close to being able to accommodate them? I’d expect quite a few memberships from each team are part season onlybut whatproportion I don’t know.
I only heard on the radio about grounds with a capacity of 40,000 having a crowd of 25% capacity allowed in.
Was there a mention of grounds below 40,000? If so I didn't hear it.
Also be aware the first of the list of any game will be the sponsors. So the Jets will fill out their corporate boxes first.
This will make a dent in the figure you quoted.

turbo

I only heard on the radio about grounds with a capacity of 40,000 having a crowd of 25% capacity allowed in.
Was there a mention of grounds below 40,000? If so I didn't hear it.
Also be aware the first of the list of any game will be the sponsors. So the Jets will fill out their corporate boxes first.
This will make a dent in the figure you quoted.

What I heard was above 40k was a case by case or venue by venue arrangement. Under 40k was blanket 25%. And of course you are right about the corporates.

Looking at the games left we have 1 bye, 1 home against jets, 1 home against wsw and away against victory and Perth. If the hub situation gets up we may lose the jets game but pick up victory and Perth as home games. Might be optimistic but could cushion the blow.

Pirate Pete

What I heard was above 40k was a case by case or venue by venue arrangement. Under 40k was blanket 25%. And of course you are right about the corporates.

Looking at the games left we have 1 bye, 1 home against jets, 1 home against wsw and away against victory and Perth. If the hub situation gets up we may lose the jets game but pick up victory and Perth as home games. Might be optimistic but could cushion the blow.
I have a feeling the FFA & Fox would want to do this as cheap as possible.
I'm not sure where the rugby league games are being played in Sydney. Have any been played in Newcastle?
I seem to recall Wollongong being mentioned. Spray the advertising etc on the pitch & set the cameras up.
That's it. One venue, or maybe two.
Grounds in Sydney not having league games? Kogarah? Leichhardt?

turbo

I'm not sure where the rugby league games are being played in Sydney. Have any been played in Newcastle?
I seem to recall Wollongong being mentioned. Spray the advertising etc on the pitch & set the cameras up.

The knights are playing down here atm and will do so until round 10 (mid July). I could see what you’re saying happening unfortunately. I didn’t mind the hub setup when no crowds were going to be allowed but it’s not ideal now they will be allowed In a reduced capacity.

sydmariner

the nrl games are at bankwest & campbelltown stadium.

turbo

Two options - hubs which mentions Newcastle and Sydney or another with interstate teams at home too which might allow us to play at home. Nix and Perth in NSW in both plans.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys

The Derby is our home game and we will get preference here over any other fans regards less of location. The original hub plan when everything was behind closed doors had us playing in Newcastle as Central coast Stadium was booked out for NRL games and lots of them.
But as if the weekend everything has changed again and is likley to continue to change up until the game is played.
I am predicting that a draw will come out soon with no confirmation of home grounds.
Our first priority is of course Central Coast Stadium - I have no idea if NRL will affect us playing this game here or not - but I am on the case to find out.
If somehow things played out and we could not get our home games at Central Coast Stadium and there are crowds permitted back in to 25% - where would you like them played? It is important I get some feedback here so I can push hard for what you guys want, IO have had some mixed responses already.

turbo

At 25% capacity based on current rules you won’t be giving many members a chance to attend. Really need a venue that can handle 16k to be viable (in addition to any other broadcast or player safety requirements).

IMO Newcastle is the right answer if CCS is out of the question, pretty quick trip up the freeway with minimal traffic and railway close by on our line. Otherwise maybe BankWest just because it’s new and shiny.

Bonus points if we let a token amount of WSW or jets fans in at their respective grounds and dump them in the away bay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami