• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Elite

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners – Saturday, 18th July, 5:00pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets – Friday, 24th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v WS Wanderers – Monday, 27th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners – Monday, 3rd August, 7:30pm @ TBC

When I saw the leak i thought our last two home games in 4 days was a bit rough but adding the Perth game sweetens the deal. Will need to see if Shaun can get the members in free or with discounted entry for that one but im sure he'll do whatever he can.
I'm so keen to be back at CCS watching the lads:overheadl:

sydmariner

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners – Saturday, 18th July, 5:00pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets – Friday, 24th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v WS Wanderers – Monday, 27th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners – Monday, 3rd August, 7:30pm @ TBC

When I saw the leak i thought our last two home games in 4 days was a bit rough but adding the Perth game sweetens the deal. Will need to see if Shaun can get the members in free or with discounted entry for that one but im sure he'll do whatever he can.
Apparently he will be on Mariners TV @6PM tomorrow on Facebook.

turbo

Members arent "free" we already paid
We never paid for Perth’s home game which was what I was referring to when I mentioned whether Shaun would be able to get us in for free or a discounted rate. They’d be within their rights to charge full price but I can’t see them pulling a decent crowd if they do.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

We never paid for Perth’s home game which was what I was referring to when I mentioned whether Shaun would be able to get us in for free or a discounted rate. They’d be within their rights to charge full price but I can’t see them pulling a decent crowd if they do.
And we did miss out on the Melbourne City game too.

turbo

And we did miss out on the Melbourne City game too.
Correct. If we end up missing 1 home game and having the option of attending another game at CCS either free or at additional cost I'd say we've done very well in the current situation and fans from Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Wellington, City, Victory and WU have it much worse. And two of those matches are on weekends as well which is something that some teams dont have the benefit of.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Birighitti doesn't exist apparently. How he isn't as good as Pearce I'll never know.

Did any effort go into this? aren't journalists meant to research before writing?
Isn't half/most/all of the shit on 'TheRoar' written by fans writing opinion piece? Some of the utter shit they've posted seems that way.

Not just that, but the actual writing skills in terms of the grammar tends to be poor and not what you expect from anybody with journalism experience or education.

Ironbark

Central Coast Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth has accused Football NSW of flouting FIFA edicts and “natural justice” in opting to hand an NPL1 spot to Western Sydney Wanderers at the expense of the likes of the Mariners Academy side.

Updated Updated 1 hour ago

By Dave Lewis

Signaling the likelihood of legal action and a potential injunction, Charlesworth is indignant at Wanderers being selected to fill the void left by Sutherland Sharks for the remainder of the season, insisting it will result in NPL2 Mariners losing some of their most promising youngsters to their Sydney rivals.
It’s understood Football NSW were urged by national team coach Graham Arnold to promote all the state’s A-League academy teams to the top tier to provide budding Olyroos and Young Socceroos with regular game time at an elevated level.
However, when the Sharks pulled out for financial reasons in midweek, it was the Wanderers who were allegedly handed an invite - even though they trailed second placed Mariners on last season’s ladder, losing to them 5-0 and 1-0 along the way.
“For me it’s not just the damage to our academy and the prospect of losing our best young players to the Wanderers, it’s what it says about the governance structures which can allow something like this to happen,” said Charlesworth.
“It clearly shows a lack of integrity. How can promotion be based on somebody’s opinion rather than their league position?

“Graham Arnold wanted promotion across the board but a decision was made to discriminately apply this recommendation, resulting in one club receiving beneficial treatment and two other clubs (Mariners and Newcastle Jets) and their players missing out on this opportunity.
“Frankly, what’s happened here is against the fundamentals of fair play and FIFA regulations, as I understand them.
“All we’re asking for our academy team is a fair crack of the whip, and that’s not what’s happened here.
“I don’t understand how this can happen in this day and age in Australian football. It’s against natural justice.”
Charlesworth has sought a rethink from Football NSW in his quest to see the decision rescinded.
“It’s a frustrating obstacle to confront as we strive to provide the best opportunities and pathways for our academy players,” he added.

“To see a determination that hand picks which clubs are handed an opportunity and which clubs are not reeks of poor governance and process, and the correspondence that I have received from the chairman of Football NSW (Anter Isaac) is unacceptable and patronising to our club.
“This is why we’re looking at our legal options.
“If Football NSW wish to follow the technical direction of Graham Arnold that’s great, but to pick and choose which parts of his recommendation are adopted to benefit individual clubs is the type of behaviour that erodes the trust that the football community has in the administrators of our sport.
"They should promote us along with Wanderers and the Jets.”
The season is due to recommence in late July or early August, stretching until October with promotion and relegation not being enforced.
Neither Isaac nor FNSW CEO Stuart Hodge responded when approached for comment by The World Game.

pjennings

Look - I know a lot of people do not like Charlesworth but he has a very valid point. Especially for someone looking to build the Academy.

However, when the Sharks pulled out for financial reasons in midweek, it was the Wanderers who were allegedly handed an invite - even though they trailed second placed Mariners on last season’s ladder, losing to them 5-0 and 1-0 along the way.
“For me it’s not just the damage to our academy and the prospect of losing our best young players to the Wanderers, it’s what it says about the governance structures which can allow something like this to happen,” said Charlesworth.
“It clearly shows a lack of integrity. How can promotion be based on somebody’s opinion rather than their league position?

To also put some further context this season we were running 6th and WSW 9th in the Club Championship this year when Covid 19 hit. We were ahead of them in all 3 grades and had played one round less.

St George FA were leading but we had a game in hand against Hakoah who were running last

u/18 u/20 1st Total
St George City FA 6 1 8 24 33
CCMA 5 4 2 16 22
WSW 6 3 0 12 15
Hakoah Sydney
City East FC 5 3 0 0 3

In all likelihood if we had played the missing game we would have been leading the 18s, coming equal 2nd in the 20 and leading the firsts with a 10 point lead in the Club Championship.

This is another case of the Mariners getting screwed. :mad::mad::mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami