Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Elite

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners – Saturday, 18th July, 5:00pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets – Friday, 24th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v WS Wanderers – Monday, 27th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners – Monday, 3rd August, 7:30pm @ TBC

When I saw the leak i thought our last two home games in 4 days was a bit rough but adding the Perth game sweetens the deal. Will need to see if Shaun can get the members in free or with discounted entry for that one but im sure he'll do whatever he can.
I'm so keen to be back at CCS watching the lads:overheadl:

sydmariner

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners – Saturday, 18th July, 5:00pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets – Friday, 24th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners v WS Wanderers – Monday, 27th July, 7:30pm @ Central Coast Stadium
Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners – Monday, 3rd August, 7:30pm @ TBC

When I saw the leak i thought our last two home games in 4 days was a bit rough but adding the Perth game sweetens the deal. Will need to see if Shaun can get the members in free or with discounted entry for that one but im sure he'll do whatever he can.
Apparently he will be on Mariners TV @6PM tomorrow on Facebook.

turbo

Members arent "free" we already paid
We never paid for Perth’s home game which was what I was referring to when I mentioned whether Shaun would be able to get us in for free or a discounted rate. They’d be within their rights to charge full price but I can’t see them pulling a decent crowd if they do.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

We never paid for Perth’s home game which was what I was referring to when I mentioned whether Shaun would be able to get us in for free or a discounted rate. They’d be within their rights to charge full price but I can’t see them pulling a decent crowd if they do.
And we did miss out on the Melbourne City game too.

turbo

And we did miss out on the Melbourne City game too.
Correct. If we end up missing 1 home game and having the option of attending another game at CCS either free or at additional cost I'd say we've done very well in the current situation and fans from Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Wellington, City, Victory and WU have it much worse. And two of those matches are on weekends as well which is something that some teams dont have the benefit of.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Birighitti doesn't exist apparently. How he isn't as good as Pearce I'll never know.

Did any effort go into this? aren't journalists meant to research before writing?
Isn't half/most/all of the shit on 'TheRoar' written by fans writing opinion piece? Some of the utter shit they've posted seems that way.

Not just that, but the actual writing skills in terms of the grammar tends to be poor and not what you expect from anybody with journalism experience or education.