• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Wombat

I`d rather let theory stay just that in this case.
Why put the fans through more pain?
Shaun and Anton tried but came up short,they will learn a lot from this without having the burden of history on their shoulders.
They definitely need to aim higher.
Milan and Ziggy were good but not great.
A lot of our cap was with Weemac and Matty but sadly time has passed on them.
Matty still has value to the team in terms of leadership and inspiration but do we have room in the coaching dept?
or could he maybe work with the team in training but in an unregistered player/coaching role that wouldn`t affect the cap?

Birras is such an important player now. Make him captain and build the team around him.
Give him Matty`s share of the cap to keep him and get him involved in the leadership group.
MC has to invest more for decent players.
We need a decent 9, another sub striker and a class centre back.
They are very basic needs at this stage....:popcorn:

MC is basically a dead duck. Our only hope is to sell. The bloke is a flog.

Pirate Pete

It now looks like a f**king genius move from someone from the council to put CENTRAL COAST on those seats last year doesn't.
Nice bit of exposure on Fox coming up.
The germ ridden hordes will be coming up the freeway for a visit soon I suppose.
520cec567d6589ba4b8ee8a374bc215d5bb90269

FFC Mariner

From dom Bossi in the SMH - makes sense, near the airport and it looks like NRL have CCS tied up

Sydney the frontrunner to host A-League hub in July
By Dominic Bossi
Greater Sydney looms as the preferred destination for the A-League hub with Football Federation Australia finalising plans to play the remainder of the season out of the city's south and Wollongong.
A deal could be finalised as early as next week to finish in one location, bringing all 11 teams into one region to play the final 28 games of the regular season as well as the finals series.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

How much truth is there to these "Mariners moving to Brookvale" rumours? The more I read the scarier it gets.
General consensus on here is that MC released that rumour to put pressure on the council over the stadium management negotiations - because there's nothing about the move that would actually make any sense. Also, the FFA were adamantly against relocation and there's no reason to think the independent league would be any different. The 3 Sydney clubs certainly wouldn't want CCM relocating to Sydney.

FFC Mariner

MC hates being beholden to a local council as a landlord (because they make $$ and he doesnt) - Brookvale is council owned

A pointless and laughable attempt to blackmail an elected body into giving him a public asset.

Hope CCC stay strong and never give it to him

Public tender and lets see if a proper business wants to take it on not some 2 bob chancer

pjennings

MC hates being beholden to a local council as a landlord (because they make $$ and he doesnt) - Brookvale is council owned

A pointless and laughable attempt to blackmail an elected body into giving him a public asset.

Hope CCC stay strong and never give it to him

Public tender and lets see if a proper business wants to take it on not some 2 bob chancer

Singo had management rights for years and no improvements were made. GCC/CCC have it now and did nothing to improve it until the focus from Charlesworth. They also promised extra changerooms that they delivered a year late and we missed our chance for a W-League team.

I don't want MC to own a public asset - but the current and previous tenants have just locked up the precinct for over 20 years.

turbo

He shouldn’t own the asset but if the council can lease it to him for a fair price it’s win win. The council have shown limited interest or success in bringing more events to the coast and really utilising the asset as well as promoting the coast as a destination. If the council can secure a similar amount to what they would have made anyway they aren’t losing out.

The club then has the potential to bolster its income and gives them flexibility with promotions knowing they will get a cut of food or beverage sales to offset losses at the gate. Right now there’s no incentive to open the gates and fill the stadium at a loss.

Alternatively the club limps along with decreasing crowds impacting the share the council gets from food and beverage, bringing less people to Gosford for events. Eventually they fold or agree to sell their license to a bidder elsewhere the other clubs agree on and all those match day revenues dry up. The stadium will see maybe 5 events a year and make losses (Or greater losses) for rare payers. No one wins there.

Coastalraider

I agree that a lease situation is a win for the council in theory.

But I can’t help but think that MC isn’t the right guy. A responsible council would tender and likely find a better applicant. I fully agree that the ‘team’ would be the ideal partner, the current owner of that team has driven every investment in this country into the ground, and I can’t see why the stadium rights would be any different.

turbo

But I can’t help but think that MC isn’t the right guy. A responsible council would tender and likely find a better applicant. I fully agree that the ‘team’ would be the ideal partner, the current owner of that team has driven every investment in this country into the ground, and I can’t see why the stadium rights would be any different.
A valid concern but I have a couple of considerations:
- How hard will another operator fight to bring events to the central coast? If you get an operator like Venues Live they might do a better job in some areas but how hard are they going to fight for us to steal an event away from BankWest or one of their other stadiums?
- The primary tenant and main source of income will be the mariners, a third party operator does nothing to ensure the survival of the club and while they will want that income have little other stake in the coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami