• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

How many fans are going to rock up arriving between 2-2:30pm for the 3pm KO, then be told the games being re-scheduled for a 7pm KO and THEN be expected to hang-around for 4hrs in the same heat :fireup: that’s the cause of the re-scheduling to begin with.

Good-Luck with that. :cool:

Any decision needs to be made early, very early in the day.
Prior to 12pm at the latest as people will be travelling from Nrthern Syd and Nrthrn CC by both car & train so will need plenty of 'heads-up' to any changes to the KO time.

If not ...........then expect plenty of pissed-off people.
Really hot, :fireup: pissed-off people. ;)

Just bumping this as there are a few p'd-off people about the late notice of the re-scheduling of KOff.

Perhaps Shaun, you might care to read the game thread CCM v AU to see some of the comments posted in there about it, like the family who drove from Penrith arriving fir the pre-match function.

Shaun I think if you cast your mind back to when you first came onto this forum it was a conversation amongst us on here about how 'not everyone in the world' chooses to use Facebook and Twitter and that anything said on either wasn't and still isn't a good gauge for what the majority of members think & feel about things going on at the club.

The same can be said of the Club communicating to it's members, using FB & Twitter as first line of comm's.

I received, and appreciated an email from CCM notifying me at 12:50pm ...............but that was nearly 2 hrs after Tara Rushton from Foxsports was tweeting about it on Twitter around 11am. here;
Screenshot_2016-02-14-14-56-37-1_zpscppabsog.jpg

So my question is what time was the actual decision made?

& Why did it take so long to let the public know and more importantly email your members ???

Does the Club txt msg those members without email addresses, (60+ yo for instance) ?

Timmah

Going into bat for them (as usual, sorry, I'm a sycophant)
  • The decision is the FFA's. Their match commissioner makes the judgement. Club has to go with their decision as I understand.
  • Tara's going to be privy to things others aren't, being within the walls of Fox Sports. It's much quicker for her to push out a 2 sentence tweet than the club to put together official comms.
  • The club's Facebook post, associated web article and media release were pushed out at 11:45am. Whether you agree or not - they're the key official channels and the ones most likely to get the most eyeballs.
  • The decision would've been made in the half hour before those items going out. Yes, agree that time is of the essence - but to account for the gap there, that's roughly half an hour of collaborating graphics, writing a media release (and any relevant sign-off) and perhaps even verifying any ticketek processes etc surrounding refunds?
I'm just spitballing here but I think the key here is the FFA's lack of foresight, THEIR decision to postpone the game at such late notice and the fact it was even 3pm to start with on a Sunday arvo in mid-Feb. I know the club wasn't happy about this scheduling in the first place and it looks like that was further vindicated by the postponement.

What I will agree with is the gap between the public notification and the members receiving an email - the latter should have come much sooner than it did.

That said I think you've taken a *little* liberty with the clock ;) 11:16am - 12:50pm is "nearly two hours"? o_O

Reactions: adz

Rowdy

Is your name Shaun Mielekamp ???

NOW who's taking liberties ?

RBS posted it at 11:18am after reading it on TR's twitter, a coupla minutes prob after she tweeted, say 11:15am. She wouldn't have known about the re-scheduling until before then so at 11am or thereafter.

So members recieving an email at 12:50pm is ........1 hr 50 mins.

Its NOT a 'stretch' to call that 2 hours.

And again, your names Timmah NOT Shaun.

Gratis

Going into bat for them (as usual, sorry, I'm a sycophant)
  • The decision is the FFA's. Their match commissioner makes the judgement. Club has to go with their decision as I understand.
  • Tara's going to be privy to things others aren't, being within the walls of Fox Sports. It's much quicker for her to push out a 2 sentence tweet than the club to put together official comms.
  • The club's Facebook post, associated web article and media release were pushed out at 11:45am. Whether you agree or not - they're the key official channels and the ones most likely to get the most eyeballs.
  • The decision would've been made in the half hour before those items going out. Yes, agree that time is of the essence - but to account for the gap there, that's roughly half an hour of collaborating graphics, writing a media release (and any relevant sign-off) and perhaps even verifying any ticketek processes etc surrounding refunds?
I'm just spitballing here but I think the key here is the FFA's lack of foresight, THEIR decision to postpone the game at such late notice and the fact it was even 3pm to start with on a Sunday arvo in mid-Feb. I know the club wasn't happy about this scheduling in the first place and it looks like that was further vindicated by the postponement.

What I will agree with is the gap between the public notification and the members receiving an email - the latter should have come much sooner than it did.

That said I think you've taken a *little* liberty with the clock ;) 11:16am - 12:50pm is "nearly two hours"? o_O
agree Timmah. The fault is FFA's, the worst thing the club did was struggled to rapidly inform instantly. No biggy on the club in my mind.

In the end I know it mucked people around but I think it was the right decision for the players. Better planning from the FFA should have avoided it but the club deserves little ire.

Timmah

Is your name Shaun Mielekamp ???

NOW who's taking liberties ?

RBS posted it at 11:18am after reading it on TR's twitter, a coupla minutes prob after she tweeted, say 11:15am. She wouldn't have known about the re-scheduling until before then so at 11am or thereafter.

So members recieving an email at 12:50pm is ........1 hr 50 mins.

Its NOT a 'stretch' to call that 2 hours.

And again, your names Timmah NOT Shaun.
I never claimed to be Shaun, I was merely attempting to reason with what I thought was a pretty big shot at the club for something they ultimately didn't have a *lot* of control over.

Have it your way, Shaun can answer but I think this complaint is relatively minor in the scheme of things and arguing semantics helps nobody. You'll note I agreed the member email could've come much quicker than it did...

BaysideMariner

I never claimed to be Shaun, I was merely attempting to reason with what I thought was a pretty big shot at the club for something they ultimately didn't have a *lot* of control over.

Have it your way, Shaun can answer but I think this complaint is relatively minor in the scheme of things and arguing semantics helps nobody. You'll note I agreed the member email could've come much quicker than it did...

FFA's call. Rowdy please work out where you want to address your aggression. Was it timmah's fault it didn't come out earlier? Is your name David Gallop?????
Stop acting like an aggressive areshole. We all agree with 95% of your posts.

Wombat

FFA's call. Rowdy please work out where you want to address your aggression. Was it timmah's fault it didn't come out earlier? Is your name David Gallop?????
Stop acting like an aggressive areshole. We all agree with 95% of your posts.

How is he being an aggressive arsehole?

The FFA and the club to a much lesser degree have not covered themselves in glory today.

He is correct to be asking questions.

BaysideMariner

How is he being an aggressive arsehole?

The FFA and the club to a much lesser degree have not covered themselves in glory today.

He is correct to be asking questions.
Thanks Wombat. I am looking at his posts on anyone who doesn't agree with him.
i.e "Are you Shaun Mielekamp???"

Wombat

He has strong opinions and is not always right BUT more times than not he is right.
We shouldn't be apologists all the time.
We are looking at our first ever wooden spoon...........and hard questions need to be asked on many fronts.

BaysideMariner

He has strong opinions and is not always right BUT more times than not he is right.
We shouldn't be apologists all the time.
We are looking at our first ever wooden spoon...........and hard questions need to be asked on many fronts.
Strong opinions are what we need. But every time he feels the need to attack the person not the problem is an issue. We all have opinions and this is my point.
Who is apologising for the result???? I am as upset as you are. I am trying to explain results weekly to my kids.

Youngalex

I've been following football for 60 years, and supporting the Mariners for 11 years, and I'm sad to say tonight was the first time I've ever walked out of a game before the final whistle, tonight's effort was unacceptable, we are bottom of the league, there is no relegation to worry about, and yet we play a system where the most forward players were Garcia who I'm fairly certain has never played as a striker, and Liam Rose who at best is a midfielder, but again not a striker. We fortunately found ourselves a goal up, and what did we do but try and defend that one goal lead instead of going for the jugular. We are playing more defensively than when we were coached by Phil Moss.
Not acceptable Tony Warmsley

FFC Mariner

Just do long as the club don't do anything stupid like extend his contract or confirm him in the head coach role.

That's just insulting the fans and will be yet another PR disaster.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
  • from my FB page
There are few things in life that annoy me But being taken for granted is one of them,and trust me you are taking me and everybody else who supports the team for granted, your quite happy to take out money but yet you continue to deliver absolute dross on the park, the two recent manager choices and their horrific tactics have chased away fans that i personally have known since day one of the HAL....lets focus on Walmsley for a minute, Ive been to a couple of pre match Q&As and to be fair, that snake oil salesman almost got me believing he knew what he was doing, if his picking the team, then his a bloody idiot, example, he starts Luis Garcia BUT didnt give him any strikers to aim his magic at, and I cant count how many guys he plays out of position, its Phil Moss all over again......and then there's the team roster, every other team in the league gets players from O/S where do we get a majority of ours from? Blacktown, Heidelburg, and every other team in the State Leagues....agreed they have to get a start somewhere but they shouldnt make up 85% of your starting 11, You would have to think that Hutcho, Monty and Rosey Snr must be pi**ed right off, from winning the league to wooden spoon in just two years, its friggin deplorable....sure Charlesworth saved the club but at what cost to fan moral, sure the casuals hear they bought Luis Garcia and all is forgiven but it hasnt saved our season, if anything it was too little too late, Like I said I know long term fans that have just give up, I hope this concerns you cause it bloody well should

Shaun Mielekamp

Just bumping this as there are a few p'd-off people about the late notice of the re-scheduling of KOff.

Perhaps Shaun, you might care to read the game thread CCM v AU to see some of the comments posted in there about it, like the family who drove from Penrith arriving fir the pre-match function.

Shaun I think if you cast your mind back to when you first came onto this forum it was a conversation amongst us on here about how 'not everyone in the world' chooses to use Facebook and Twitter and that anything said on either wasn't and still isn't a good gauge for what the majority of members think & feel about things going on at the club.

The same can be said of the Club communicating to it's members, using FB & Twitter as first line of comm's.

I received, and appreciated an email from CCM notifying me at 12:50pm ...............but that was nearly 2 hrs after Tara Rushton from Foxsports was tweeting about it on Twitter around 11am. here;
Screenshot_2016-02-14-14-56-37-1_zpscppabsog.jpg

So my question is what time was the actual decision made?

& Why did it take so long to let the public know and more importantly email your members ???

Does the Club txt msg those members without email addresses, (60+ yo for instance) ?

Hey guys

Just to go over the timing there this were official just after 11am. Tara obviously had the scoop as Fox was the final stakeholder to lock in the 7pm kick off time as the broadcast rescheduling was an important part.

The call and announcement from FFA still had not come through and we decided to break ranks and go forth even though we did not have the final FFA media release to go out with. If you check the A-league official announcement you will see how early we went.

In regards to the email the system we use does take a long time to construct an email as it isn't a smooth system yet and although we hit send as early as we possibly could it still sat in cyberspace for over an hour by my count until in boxes were hit - sometimes bulk emails of this scale just seem to clog up our system and when sending from laptop to server there are technical components that are involved beyond my understanding.

We also contacted all radio, TV and print media outlets immediately as well as calling sponsors for help and also had updates on the RMS sign boards for notification.

Unfortunately we don't have set up the very expensive text message service to send straight out but after yesterday we are looking into this.

I note that there are a couple of complaints about people they believe might have been affected although we had staff on the gates from 2pm onwards and was encouraged by how quick the message did get out there- the fact we still had 5000 attend the game and ticket sales increased because of the 7pm kick off was encouraging. Anyone actually affected is encourage to email the club so we can look at things case by case memberships@ccmariners.com.au

It was not an ideal situation by any means and we are working through with the FFA emphasising our concerns on these timeslots which we raised well before the season kicked off.

But if you were in Gosford at 3pm and outside you know this was the right call in a tough situation. We would have received far more legitimate complaints had the game gone ahead and it was impossible to make the call any earlier as relying on accurate weather forecasts is less reliable than some referee's off side decisions.

Rowdy

Thanks Shaun for the response to Q's & the THOROUGH explanation of the processes and system's, which gives a good deal of insight into why things panned out the way they did and for those that were affected.

Let's hope all of the these issues and concerns combined, arm you & the Club in trying to deal with FFA in ensuring they dont happen again.

But then again ...... it's the FFA, so good luck with that. ;)

(Edit: typed most of the below at midday today prior to Shauns response. & was sidetracked, subsequently Shaun then posted his above response which deals with many points within my below post)

But feel I need to post it anyway.
FFS, where do i start?

merely attempting to reason with what I thought was a pretty big shot at the club for something they ultimately didn't have a *lot* of control over.
That's a pretty big exaggeration, NO WAY was I having a 'shot at the club' as you misconstrue.

After highlighting some facts about how early in the day it was first reported by Rushton on social media, (which I've since personally seen a txt on a friends phone from a CCM staffer time-stamped prior to 11am notifying them of the change in KOff) I was merely asking some questions.

Yes the club have no control over the actual re-scheduling, I think that's obvious. However they do have control over how, when & the time they take to notify members of the change.
Have it your way, Shaun can answer
Thanks, as it was he who the questions were asked of, not your self ;)

but I think this complaint is relatively minor in the scheme of things
To you and maybe others .....perhaps it is minor.

For me, it was minor.

But I think the family who drove from Penrith arriving at 12pm to then find out about the change, have to sit around and twiddle their thumbs for 7 hours, & also have to put their hand in their pocket for dinner pre-game - which they mightn't budgeted for might beg to differ to it being a minor problem.

Likewise those that I know of that turned around and went home.
and arguing semantics helps nobody.
Then why start it with the pedantics of whether "1hr 50min" (the time it factually took the club to send me an email) & calling it "nearly 2 hours" is just stretching the truth tooooo far. again :rolleyes:

You'll note I agreed the member email could've come much quicker than it did...

Wow, like wipe-out !!! You could have saved all our fingers dont ya think, wrongly implying I'm having a bitch when I'm just ASKING QUESTIONS.

To me, asking a question which can possibly identify a problem is 50% of the way towards a solution for the actual problem identified.

So did this guy to, who wasn't half bad at solving problems:
https://litemind.com/problem-definition/

As Shaun said in his first post:
The purpose of this thread apart from introducing myself is to simply ask this question :

How can the club engage with this forum more to better listen to our members?

I look forward to meeting you all and hearing your ideas

Read his whole post, his tone and words suggest questions are ok too. ;)

"answer as many questions as I can to you guys on here. I won't always have the most popular or favourite answers but I will answer as honestly as I can."

As for the muppet who insuated my tone in asking my questions constituted me as, 'attacking the person' & being an 'Agressive Arsehole'. ???

Agression comes from the human emotion of anger, which when posting I most definitely WASN'T.

Although I did point out that other's who become inconvenienced or negatively affected by being 'notified late' of the re-schedule would be 'pissed-off'.

Maybe you confused 'me' with 'them'.

Either way, just for future reference when trying to read-between my lines. If I were to be angry I would use these little things called "emoticons or emojis". They look like this:
:fireup::fireup::fireup::mad::mad::mad::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Or better yet just use the English language and plainly iterate "I'm pissed-off" or if were to attack a person rather than the problem, it'd look like this;
"Shaun is a shit CEO !!!" which he clearly isn't.

Sighhhhh.

Hope that helps you with your confused understanding of my intial post. :):):)

(Happy emojis x3 means I'm all good now, cheers ;))

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
  • from my FB page
There are few things in life that annoy me But being taken for granted is one of them,and trust me you are taking me and everybody else who supports the team for granted, your quite happy to take out money but yet you continue to deliver absolute dross on the park, the two recent manager choices and their horrific tactics have chased away fans that i personally have known since day one of the HAL....lets focus on Walmsley for a minute, Ive been to a couple of pre match Q&As and to be fair, that snake oil salesman almost got me believing he knew what he was doing, if his picking the team, then his a bloody idiot, example, he starts Luis Garcia BUT didnt give him any strikers to aim his magic at, and I cant count how many guys he plays out of position, its Phil Moss all over again......and then there's the team roster, every other team in the league gets players from O/S where do we get a majority of ours from? Blacktown, Heidelburg, and every other team in the State Leagues....agreed they have to get a start somewhere but they shouldnt make up 85% of your starting 11, You would have to think that Hutcho, Monty and Rosey Snr must be pi**ed right off, from winning the league to wooden spoon in just two years, its friggin deplorable....sure Charlesworth saved the club but at what cost to fan moral, sure the casuals hear they bought Luis Garcia and all is forgiven but it hasnt saved our season, if anything it was too little too late, Like I said I know long term fans that have just give up, I hope this concerns you cause it bloody well should

And yes I did p.m it to the club on their fb page

Timmah

I've been following football for 60 years, and supporting the Mariners for 11 years, and I'm sad to say tonight was the first time I've ever walked out of a game before the final whistle, tonight's effort was unacceptable, we are bottom of the league, there is no relegation to worry about, and yet we play a system where the most forward players were Garcia who I'm fairly certain has never played as a striker, and Liam Rose who at best is a midfielder, but again not a striker. We fortunately found ourselves a goal up, and what did we do but try and defend that one goal lead instead of going for the jugular. We are playing more defensively than when we were coached by Phil Moss.
Not acceptable Tony Warmsley
I thought we looked marginally better in second half with Bingham upfront. Not sure why Garcia was at striker, seemed odd.

That said I beg to differ "we play more defensively than when we were coached by Moss" - we're 25 for and 45 against after nineteen rounds this season, up on both fronts from 17 for and 33 against at the same point last season. Scored more, but conceded more.

We need to play a more possession-based style I feel, because at the moment we're getting no ball and relying on counter attack to sting the opposition and it's not working enough.

Timmah

Rowdy - I appreciate your detailed reply and understand your perspective - much in the same way I hope you understand my right not to agree with everything you said.

It looks like Shaun has clearly answered the questions at hand now regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred