• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Mielekamp

I'd be curious re: Monty but just happy to have him right now.

Finally, the starting 11 is the coach's responsibility...the art of war says that once a king has chosen his general and decided an objective he should let his general do his job without too much interference lest he hamper the general's potential.
TW has had a rough run of results and an epic turnover of players. By necessity the starting 11 has changed and tinkered with until a win non formula is found. The starting 11, bar Garcia's first game, has been getting more and more consistent I'd say.

Whilst always happy and keen to hear about the team, agree with quote here that the team and TW are the experts there :)

pjennings

Just on the members turning up. We started with 2 tickets season 1, expanded to 5 the following season for quite a few until recently when my eldest moved away for and we dropped back to 4. With 4 now we always have 2 turning up, more often than not 3 but rarely 4.

My 'finger in the air' reading of the demographics is that many members are part of family groups, established when the families were young. As the families grew up the children have gotten retail and service jobs on the coast that don't sit with 5pm games.

Big Al

- We have requested the cycle be broken this up and coming season, not sure if we will have any luck though as we need other clubs to agree. likely to be when the bigger clubs have their duplicate season and it affects us more than them.
Some WSW fans were complaining about the travel costs of going to all the away NSW games in the same season.

Big Al

Sponsorship is still tough, it is a shame we haven't apart from Masterfoods had much support from central coast businesses yet.
Fox sports and I are arranging a meeting to follow up and clear up our concerns.
WSW game was good but still only 70% of members attended, need to see a lift vs Adelaide.
Thanks Shaun, what about outside the coast. Some bigger corporations to go on the front?
Disappointing as we need this to bring in $$$.
Not saying the club not working on it just a shame it's not ringing the cash register.
Do you see it as being due to the current economy or just no interest in Garcia/Mariners?

pjennings

My pros this season

1) King Luis
2) Communication - this has always been a bugbear for me. This year though the ability to engage with you, Peter, and Tony at Welcome Wednesdays, the yellow army podcasts and the pre-game functions including Mike's attendance last game has really turned it around. I feel that I now understand what the club is trying to do and why - something I never did before (and might not now) . While I won't agree with every decision, that doesn't matter as much if I can understand the reasoning.
3) The development of players like McGing, Ascroft, Liam Rose, Neill and Bingham
4) The signing of Trent Buhagiar via the IFS and CCMA and the NYL team
5) Scoring a few more goals

sydmariner

I'd be interested to know the following
  • If by some fluke of nature (blame my optimistic nature) we make the finals, will Garcia's time here extend into that campaign?
  • Extended on that, is there any chance of him staying on for part or all of the 2016/17 season?
  • Is there any scope for the current draw cycle to be broken? By that I mean we play WSW SYD NEW all 2ce at home one season then 1ce the following season. For the Jets and CCM in particular that model is ridiculous, is this something the FFA might look at?
last season we had 6 away derbies, this season we've played 2 (of 3) away derbies.

style_cafe

Just on the members turning up. We started with 2 tickets season 1, expanded to 5 the following season for quite a few until recently when my eldest moved away for and we dropped back to 4. With 4 now we always have 2 turning up, more often than not 3 but rarely 4.

My 'finger in the air' reading of the demographics is that many members are part of family groups, established when the families were young. As the families grew up the children have gotten retail and service jobs on the coast that don't sit with 5pm games.

Time to get back into the schools & recruiting more young families to take the places of the older ones.

Paolo

Sponsorship is still tough, it is a shame we haven't apart from Masterfoods had much support from central coast businesses yet.
Fox sports and I are arranging a meeting to follow up and clear up our concerns.
WSW game was good but still only 70% of members attended, need to see a lift vs Adelaide.
Hi Shaun,

How does this compare historically to our average member attendance?

P.s i am one of those who was unable to attend. I think ive only made 2 or 3 so far.

Atomic

Positives:
King Luis (obviously)
Getting rid of Stadler and employing Mielekamp
Mielekamp's engagement with the users on this forum
Jack & Dianne (sorry, that was Mellencamp)
Better communication of the Club's strategy
The Yellow Army podcasts and the willingness of MC and TW to engage
The all yellow home kit... it looks f**king mint!!!!!
A belief in MC's vision (never before have I bought into it... good job in communicating it)
Playing a home game in Geelong, not Nth Sydney (if a home game had to be moved)
King Luis (it's that f**king epic, it needs to be mentioned twice)
MC sticking up for Monty
Monty being THE man!
Cleaning out the trouble makers in the squad, esp Reddy, Bosnar, Casaras, Fitzy and Trif.
Employing Hutch as assistant coach and spiritual leader... #FTS

Negatives:
The walk on theme being played by the MBB. It sounds atrocious and they look like a rabble (harsh, but I'm being honest)
That bloody palm tree on our kit. Please get rid of it for next season. I'm in a bit of a conundrum because I desperately want a Garcia shirt, but I can't bring myself to buy one of those stupid palm tree kits.
Austin's crossing
The lack of security at the Scumdome
Rudan not being held accountable for his comments
5:00pm games
Lack of understanding by MC as to why home games at NSO doesn't sit well with us Coasties (hint: Northern Eagles screwing the Coast so they can play all their games in Manly)

FFC Mariner

Agree, the walkout song is dire.

As to members attending, peak holiday season, RBB reputation wouldn't have helped

style_cafe

Dear Shaun,
Months ago I asked about the changes to the scoreboard /time clock & asked if something could be done, so that those vision impaired people (read over 40) that sit beyond the half way line might actually be able to see the damn thing.
As I couldn`t read anything on it last home game I`m thinking nothing has been done,any updates on how that`s going?

Also whilst on the subject the pre-match stuff is well, pretty crap mate.
I`m thinking a little bit of help is needed from the yellow army. A few songs or something that could get the crowd more into the atmosphere would be pretty awesome. They have some genius`s in their ranks.

Big Al

That bloody palm tree on our kit. Please get rid of it for next season. I'm in a bit of a conundrum because I desperately want a Garcia shirt, but I can't bring myself to buy one of those stupid palm tree kits.
Just do it. If you wear it backwards you can't see the palm tree

Fishsdad

Hey guys

Since I was last on here what are some of the burning questions? What has been good/bad or indifferent for 2016 so far?

Keen to hear thoughts on anything and over the next fortnight will look to try and answer all the questions following this post.

regards

Agree with just about everything posted in terms of positives, but for mine the biggest positive is that our finances appear to be in better shape and therefore our club is sustainable.

We all love being competitive, but if the VERY tough decisions that you folks have made during the course of the season have got us into a financially stable position, then I reckon this is the biggest highlight.

Along with Garcia, of course!

Ancient Mariner

Hi Shaun, maybe I am stating the obvious but I think Garcia has shown the value of having a skilful creative #10 in the team.

In a team of up and coming youngsters this is the vital position in the spine.

Just saying if we do not have him for another season we need to replace him with experience/skill in this position.

pjennings

Agree with just about everything posted in terms of positives, but for mine the biggest positive is that our finances appear to be in better shape and therefore our club is sustainable.

We all love being competitive, but if the VERY tough decisions that you folks have made during the course of the season have got us into a financially stable position, then I reckon this is the biggest highlight.

Along with Garcia, of course!

Well said - financial stability and the movement towards a m0del that makes the Mariners a sustainable club 'IN the Coast' for years to come is what we are all after.

FFC Mariner

Hi, genuinely curious.

In any other club anywhere in the world we would have sacked our coaching staff following such dire results and complete lack of progression.

If people know they are fireproof there is no incentive to improve.

When do the clubs leadership plan to make the coaching staff accountable?

Rowdy

FFC re-read PJ's post prior to yours,

"financial stability and the movement towards a m0del that makes the Mariners a sustainable club 'IN the Coast' for years to come is what" ............. IS the priority @ the moment.

There would have to be a stack of coaches out ther preparing resume's for next season hoping TW moves back upstairs and that the Gaffer's position becomes available.

Rudan, Rudan & Rudan etc ;)

FFC Mariner

Sorry mate, that's weak bollocks.

TW and Hutch are paid to deliver and they don't. The fact that they still have jobs speaks volumes about the weak leadership at CCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred