• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

I imagine a simple call to the club would clear issues like that up - 4353 7200.
Ring the club over an issue like this ??? Pffff :rolleyes:
As for his lack of attendance on here - probably also worth remembering Shaun's initial post:

The only reason Shaun is even on this forum is because I called him out on the fact that this forum has been in existence since the club first kicked a ball over 11 years ago and that Facebook & Twitter aren't the ONLY form of social media to engage with fans and in particular 'members' of the club, to know what their feelings and concerns are about.

I dont expect him to be on here everyday, who would! o_O

But it has been 1.5 months since we've heard from him AND there is a 'Media guy' who's also responsible for ALL the social media AS WELL.

CCMFans.net IS a form of Social Media.

Surely 'The Guy' can give his boss (Shaun) a heads up about the backlog of Q's on here, that are specifically addressed to him, especially considering he's (edit: "The Media Guy) is getting paid to do just that.

Last edited:

Timmah

I'm probably speaking from a position of privilege in the sense I know how busy that office is, and how busy Shaun is. But I dare say there's been a lot happening in that time, with the transfer window opening, players going, the super issue, NYE game, Geelong, O'Donovan suspension, new signings and now Garcia. Not to mention finding down time for a short Christmas break :santa:

Probably all sound like cop outs but I can see why we might not have heard from him in a while.

The fact he's been back a couple of times since first joining is a good thing in itself - I reckon once the Garcia stuff settles down he'll likely be back to answer some more questions. Happy to raise this with the 'media guy' if you like but I don't know if it'll get much attention til this time next week given what's happening over the coming days.

Reactions: adz

Shaun Mielekamp

Ring the club over an issue like this ??? Pffff :rolleyes:

The only reason Shaun is even on this forum is because I called him out on the fact that this forum has been in existence since the club first kicked a ball over 11 years ago and that Facebook & Twitter aren't the ONLY form of social media to engage with fans and in particular 'members' of the club, to know what their feelings and concerns are about.

But it has been 1.5 months since we've heard from him AND there is a 'Media guy' who's also responsible for ALL the social media AS WELL.

CCMFans.net IS a form of Social Media.

Surely 'The Guy' can give his boss (Shaun) a heads up about the backlog of Q's on here, that are specifically addressed to him, especially considering he's getting paid to do just that.

Wow, i didn't know there was a mandate for how many times a month I need to post. In saying this it does come with my apologies that through the Xmas, NYE and of course Garcia period I haven't had time to answer ever post. And please Admin's whilst I do get on here and read as often as I can I rarely log in as I will be on my phone on the run. If there is an important post to reply to simple email me the link to shaunm@ccmariners.com.au and I will get there when I can.

The only reason i am here is because an admin has sent me a message so it isn't hard if it is important.

Right now sorry I don't have the chance to go right back through all the posts and find the key moments but again happy to arrange a live chat when we can.

Mike will be at the pre-match function on Saturday for those wanting to meet and ask questions.

The Garcia bay is bay 10 that is always empty and not in the TV arc so i am sure we are all happy that we have a player that helps us draw a bigger crowd than normal. Sorry I have to go right now but there is a few things happening and will find time late next week to come on line.

But please remember that I am only human and if it gets nasty on here for me then the answer gets pretty simple on how often I come on here.

Kindest regards and see you on saturday

regards

localpom

Wow, i didn't know there was a mandate for how many times a month I need to post. In saying this it does come with my apologies that through the Xmas, NYE and of course Garcia period I haven't had time to answer ever post. And please Admin's whilst I do get on here and read as often as I can I rarely log in as I will be on my phone on the run. If there is an important post to reply to simple email me the link to shaunm@ccmariners.com.au and I will get there when I can.

The only reason i am here is because an admin has sent me a message so it isn't hard if it is important.

Right now sorry I don't have the chance to go right back through all the posts and find the key moments but again happy to arrange a live chat when we can.

Mike will be at the pre-match function on Saturday for those wanting to meet and ask questions.

The Garcia bay is bay 10 that is always empty and not in the TV arc so i am sure we are all happy that we have a player that helps us draw a bigger crowd than normal. Sorry I have to go right now but there is a few things happening and will find time late next week to come on line.

But please remember that I am only human and if it gets nasty on here for me then the answer gets pretty simple on how often I come on here.

Kindest regards and see you on saturday

regards
Cheers Shaun, i'm sure that i can speak on behalf of most fans on here that your input is always much appreciated. We know you are busy man fighting the good cause and have a life!

go you yellow

Cheers Shaun, i'm sure that i can speak on behalf of most fans on here that your input is always much appreciated. We know you are busy man fighting the good cause and have a life!

To be objective - I think Shaun has been the best CEO we have had, its early days, but it feels like things are starting to fall into place. People are talking about the Mariners, with a sense of optimism, we even had MC actually making sense on the YA podcast. I could have yellow coloured glasses - but I like what I am seeing.

Big Al

I'd prefer our CEO doing Garcia stuff atm so thanks for popping in Shaun.

Forums are not really a great place for him. As he says don't abuse the privilege.

He has said he reads it, that's all that matters as he has his finger on the pulse.

While we'd love him to answer every question all the time it's just not a good idea. There are conversations he just shouldn't get into.

Let us all do the bitching and whining.

I feel bad as well as I riled up people with an assumption and I was wrong.Made an arse of me and u thing.

Bay 10 is a good one and shows thought went into where they were put.

Sorry Shaun for starting shit with no facts. My bad

Rowdy

Wow, i didn't know there was a mandate for how many times a month I need to post.

Shaun, there ISN'T a mandate. Never was, Never will be.
I think perhaps you should re-read my post, I thought I expressed it quite clearly here........

There's no need to apologise, absolutely appreciate any time that you come on here.

NASTY ??? :confused:

After re-reading both my post's, I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to how you can infer nastiness ? I mean seriously ?

Sadly, we havent heard from you ................
.... since December 7th, 2015
That's me expressing sadness that it'd been a while since we'd last heard from you. Not crying , Nor whinging.

Though MASSIVE congratulations to you & everyone at the club in securing Luis Garcia for the Mariners. COYY
That's me being congratulatory & appreciative.

The ONLY rationale my logic can come to is perhaps you had a staffer respond for you ???

If not, then ....
Perplexed? YES - quite !
Disappointed? Most definitely !
You'll have to excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor. :(

Forum Phoenix

Its just the danger of the written word i think. You express yourself really well, and I enjoy your posts greatly, but the tone or personality or intention in online posts is so hard to read. It did read to me like you were pissed that he hadn't been on here.

Realise now that wasn't your intention, much the same i doubt shaun was looking to make too much of it with the "nasty" line. Dont think he was referring to a specific statement. But that as forums get ugly easy - I read it that he was letting us know if it turns into a hostile environ it wouldnt make any sense to spend his limited time/resources here.

There would be a good argument to the contrary to front up if they were keeping us at arms length and doing shit things. But happily we all agree thats not the case. The only exception being those who think the club had lost the plot and was conspiring against its players.

Big Al

Yeah thought your keyboard tone was a little on the harsh side.

The he is only here cause I called him out didn't come across great when you prob just saying I let him know we here and Keen to communicate.

Obviously someone was reading and thought we were getting restless and needed him. Might have an over reaction.

The dates were also a bit you came and left us.

That's what I love about today's society there is no tone in emails text messages etc and it causes heaps of problems and no one gets on the phone to sort it out. Yep that's to you wifey and your sisters.
The amount of what do you think they meant by that is laughable.

Also Shaun probably a little touchy after no sleep organising Garcia across time Zones. Also might have thought I got you Garcia be happy.

Bladesman

Shaun, there ISN'T a mandate. Never was, Never will be.
I think perhaps you should re-read my post, I thought I expressed it quite clearly here........

There's no need to apologise, absolutely appreciate any time that you come on here.

NASTY ??? :confused:

After re-reading both my post's, I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to how you can infer nastiness ? I mean seriously ?

That's me expressing sadness that it'd been a while since we'd last heard from you. Not crying , Nor whinging.

That's me being congratulatory & appreciative.

The ONLY rationale my logic can come to is perhaps you had a staffer respond for you ???

If not, then ....
Perplexed? YES - quite !
Disappointed? Most definitely !
You'll have to excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor. :(

Only response to your rant should have been "sorry Shaun, carried on like a bit of a dickhead just a bit over passionate". Trying to justify it and accusing a staffer of responding just continues to make you look bitter about the fact that you were the one that got Shaun here when you called him out and now he is not at you beck and call!

I think it is obvious to most that Shaun has done a great job of listening and engaging but he does not have to be answerable or answer every question posted with in any time frame!

Rowdy

I think YOUR the dickhead.

Everything you've just written is soooo far from the truth, it's ridiculous.

Like this:
he does not have to be answerable or answer every question posted with in any time frame!

Why dont you re-read my quote that you just used you muppet.

It clearly says in black and white,

I'm not going to go over everything, defending myself just for your amusement.

Shaun hasn't/wouldn't & couldn't have taken offence to me using the line "calling him out", because the line itself was 'tongue in cheek' & related to a conversation in another thread on this forum, from which Shaun PM'd me in a conversation - and then he subsequently created this thread.

Its as simple as that.

Go read all the posts on the 1st page of this thread. Nothing from me until the next day.

The conversations I had with him via PM give me the confidence to KNOW that he wasn't offended then, nor would he be NOW, just because I happen to mention it ....... again.

YOU on the otherhand, you know nothing. :vhappy:

One can clearly deduce by your post that your an 'Arse-sumption' kinda guy.

Rowdy

And as for your use of the word 'bitter' , Pffft :rolleyes:.

Bladesman - that's just you most definitely trying to start a shit fight.

& I'm NOT buying into it :)

This thread was & is for fan's and member's to converse with Shaun Mielekamp.

Not for shit-talking to muppets like yourself. End Of !

Wombat

Its just the danger of the written word i think. You express yourself really well, and I enjoy your posts greatly, but the tone or personality or intention in online posts is so hard to read. It did read to me like you were pissed that he hadn't been on here.

Realise now that wasn't your intention, much the same i doubt shaun was looking to make too much of it with the "nasty" line. Dont think he was referring to a specific statement. But that as forums get ugly easy - I read it that he was letting us know if it turns into a hostile environ it wouldnt make any sense to spend his limited time/resources here.

There would be a good argument to the contrary to front up if they were keeping us at arms length and doing shit things. But happily we all agree thats not the case. The only exception being those who think the club had lost the plot and was conspiring against its players.

I've been on my best behaviour this season (apart from calling him out on some bullshit crowd figures). ...so i hope he doesnt mean me.
Shaun, is a champion, and we ALL appreciate him.

I hear you Rowdy.....you love your football, you love your Mariners and you wear your heart on your sleeve.
For me (and im sure Shaun would agree) I wish we had 10,000 more fans like Rowdy!
When you have the courage to offer an opinion it allows others to snipe from the sidelines.

Rowdy, (like Shaun) deserves nothing but praise.

COYY

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

As a member, I am a customer not even close to a stakeholder. The club doesn't have to justify itself to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred