• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

JoyfulPenguin

Pretty spot on though maybe a bit harsh giving Torres only 3.5-I would have given him 5 as he was more involved and did some good defensive work.Hall had a pretty good game so I would have given him a 6.5.Agree with Doka-he does not appear to be able to settle and probably should be let go in January.
Fair enough, I think I only gave Torres the lower rating because he is a visa player and I have higher expectations for him. There is no doubt he has the talent to be a great player at A-League level his decision making just has to improve.

Agree with Hall, I was debating giving him higher but watching the highlights back he really did Storm no favours on the goal and Bali's other most dangerous counter attacks.

Corsair

Hope Tapp is ok, bad tackle, my thoughts went straight to the pod conversations around his ACL injury.

Would be keen to hear an update if anyone is in the know.
Doka..<snip>..frankly expect more from a visa player
If Meerkat was right he was a free transfer...seems like good business to me. The war chest got spent on Tulio it seems.

Torres also a free transfer....

Tevor

Hope Tapp is ok, bad tackle, my thoughts went straight to the pod conversations around his ACL injury.

If Meerkat was right he was a free transfer...seems like good business to me. The war chest got spent on Tulio it seems.

We were talking to Tapp after the game and he showed us his swollen ankle but it should settle pretty quick, doubt he will play Sunday. That seemed to be the only injury concern.

I must admit at the game the Pen looked right however now I’ve seen a replay it was soft. Ah well no VAR helped us on that one.

Forum Phoenix

We were talking to Tapp after the game and he showed us his swollen ankle but it should settle pretty quick, doubt he will play Sunday. That seemed to be the only injury concern.

I must admit at the game the Pen looked right however now I’ve seen a replay it was soft. Ah well no VAR helped us on that one.

Also Bali were fouling left right and centre, leaving the foot in, going into the back, if you do that consistently, you're really not helping your cause when it comes to your opponents having a penalty shout.

sydmariner

both were free transfers.

pjennings

both were free transfers.
We very rarely pay money - Alou was an exception

Ozhammer

I knew it was going to be a potentially hostile night when we were heavily searched at the stadium gate and I had my newly-purchased, best-price galleon kite confiscated and was then searched again before entering the stands. Oh, plus the tanks (and I don’t mean water ones) parked in the side street next to the stadium were a bit of a clue perhaps…… No alcohol available inside and thongs/sandals not permitted, as they could be thrown onto the pitch…..

Can’t wait to enjoy a much more pleasant experience come Sunday and hope the boys can find a way to recover well after what I understand to be a 20+ hour journey back. ?

The boys did well in very difficult circumstances and thankfully the referee wasn’t swayed by the local pressure.

Last edited:

Tevor

I knew it was going to be a potentially hostile night when we were heavily searched at the stadium gate and I had my newly-purchased, best-price galleon kite confiscated and searched again before entering the stands. Oh, plus the tanks (and I don’t mean water ones) parked in the side street next to the stadium were a bit of a clue perhaps…… No alcohol available inside and thongs/sandals not permitted, as they could be thrown onto the pitch…..

Can’t wait to enjoy a much more pleasant experience come Sunday and hope the boys can find a way to recover well after what I understand to be a 20+ hour journey back. ?

The boys did well in very difficult circumstances and thankfully the referee wasn’t swayed by the local pressure.
Yeah it made you appreciate our stadium and league, when we were leaving we seen about 30 fully equipped military personnel who were also at the ground. Apparently before Covid the Indonesian league was having at least one spectator death per week on average. No wonder it is like it is. For such friendly people they get very serious at football matches.

pjennings

We are nearly through the problem areas of the first half on the season.

I would like us to release Faz early for the Olyroos and have him miss the Brisbane game and travel direct to Saudi Arabia.

If he plays then this would be his game and travel in less than a month

4/11 Perth
8/11 Bali in Bali
12/11 Brisbane at CCS
17/11 Qatar in Saudi Arabia
21/11 Saudi Arabia
25/11 Newcastle
29/11 Terengganu at CCS
3/12 Victory at CCS

Surely Noah or Millard or Steele at a pinch could cover for him. Even Paull at LB.

That game on 29/11 is a crucial game - we win that and we are assured of topping the group and a zone semi-final next year and we can play send a weakened team of youngsters to Malaysia in December. Bear in mind that we will have 6 games in a month after the Victory game between 8/12/2023 and 6/1/2024 as the weather warms up.

Something like

-----------Vukovic
Roux---Windust----Paull---Smith
------Tapp------Steele
Torres----Orseti----Di Pizio
--------Wenzell-Halls

I'm wary about starting Roux in what will be tough conditions again - but I think we need his leadership along with Danny

Subs: Warshawsky, Millard, Larson, Hall, Wilson, Kasalovic, Doka, Brandtman, Reec, Duarte

Leaving at home -

Peraic-Cullen, Farrell, Kaltak, Tulio, Nisbet, Balard, Theoharous, Kuol.

priorpeter

That was probably Charlesworth’s first in person appearance at a match in…. Years?
Unless he actually went to the grand final.. probably taking the chance to meet Jacko in person on the trip.
Anton was there too, Rich surely went over..
does anyone know who the older bloke with Charlesworth and Anton was?
He was at the GF - a little incognito in CCM jersey and jeans.
Anton was here, rich was not.
I think the other fella may have been Anton’s brother, Robert, who was also on the trip.

priorpeter

Just got sent photos of tappy’s ankle - holy f**kin grimace purple bruising! He’s defo out for Sunday. Doesn’t seem to be a complete rupture of anything though so hopefully quick turnaround.

Doka and Torres were both free transfers. Only player we paid a trf fee for was Alou. And yes, Tulio received a very significant upgrade, justifiably.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred