• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Tevor

I was at the game, MJ had the tactics right. The Ref did very well in that game as you would be surprised how intimidating that small crowd was. Felt like a riot was about to break out a few times in the second half. Gutsy win in oppressive conditions against all the dirty tactics of football. Take the points and move on. Players looked exhausted after the game. Tapp’s ankle was swollen but should be ok.

Forum Phoenix

I was at the game, MJ had the tactics right. The Ref did very well in that game as you would be surprised how intimidating that small crowd was. Felt like a riot was about to break out a few times in the second half. Gutsy win in oppressive conditions against all the dirty tactics of football. Take the points and move on. Players looked exhausted after the game. Tapp’s ankle was swollen but should be ok.

That's exactly how it came across. Thanks for posting on the live experience.

Naively I guess, I wasn't expecting it to be quite so tribal/hostile. Referee was great. Just wish he had stomped on their antics harder. The Bali players were screaming injustice, but in truth they got away with a lot and were lucky at least two of them weren't sent off.

They were at home and played dirty anti football - I'm not a fan but it's not illegitimate - yet they were still also out played yet again. Better side clearly won. Was disappointed to se their players and coach act so gracelessly.

JoyfulPenguin

That's exactly how it came across. Thanks for posting on the live experience.

Naively I guess, I wasn't expecting it to be quite so tribal/hostile. Referee was great. Just wish he had stomped on their antics harder. The Bali players were screaming injustice, but in truth they got away with a lot and were lucky at least two of them weren't sent off.

They were at home and played dirty anti football - I'm not a fan but it's not illegitimate - yet they were still also out played yet again. Better side clearly won. Was disappointed to se their players and coach act so gracelessly.
It was strange to see them play like that after how they played in Gosford.

They were generally good sports in the first game.

I can understand a bit of frustration for the penalty as it was probably a 50/50, but they then started complaining about everything.

Even a offside where it was impossible that their player couldn't have seen he was.

gemkayem

It was strange to see them play like that after how they played in Gosford.

They were generally good sports in the first game.

I can understand a bit of frustration for the penalty as it was probably a 50/50, but they then started complaining about everything.

Even an offside where it was impossible that their player couldn't have seen he was.
They can’t really complain either when they opened us up multiple times, got all the way into the box and then didn’t finish their chances. If they’d finished better they definitely could have had the victory

turbo

Even an offside where it was impossible that their player couldn't have seen he was.
I can’t stand guys that do that. Hack someone and whinge about getting pulled up, dive and act shocked the ref saw through it. Own it move on and save the outrage for when you’ve actually been wronged.

Michael

That was probably Charlesworth’s first in person appearance at a match in…. Years?
Unless he actually went to the grand final.. probably taking the chance to meet Jacko in person on the trip.
Anton was there too, Rich surely went over..
does anyone know who the older bloke with Charlesworth and Anton was?

Wombat

A good win in differcult circumstances.

My thoughts.....
Kuol took his goal very smartly.
Faz was MOM again.
I thought Hall did well apart from their first goal (nizzy did poorly too).
Balard looked very classy when he came on.
Kaltak was solid.
Doka had another shocker.
Torres improved over his last game but is still frustrating.

Subs did well.

Jacko did well.

COYY

booney

Just caught up with the replay so here are my thoughts:

Danny Vukovic: 9

Saved two near certain goals and came off his line well to deal with Bali's long balls in difficult conditions.

Storm Roux: 5

Repeatedly got burned for pace by Jefferson that could have easily lead to more than one goal we actually conceded due to it. Struggled for cohesion with Doka but worked hard.

Dan Hall: 5.5
Culpable along with Storm for the goal conceded but also successfully defused a number of Bali's attacking situations. Ball speed could be improved but generally made good, if cautious, decisions on the ball. Did a decent job at right back after Storm went off.

Brian Kaltak: 8
Singlehandly saved our bacon at one point with a brilliant last ditch recovery tackle. Played a terrific ball to enable Faz's assist to Alou. I understand he is a great aerial threat at corners but keeping him back and sending Dan Hall up could have better dealt with Bali's counters.

Jacob Farrell: 9.5
Fazaldinho was my man of the match and his run, control, dribble and assist to Alou was world class. Worked exceptionally hard all night and was out on his feet at the end and still stopping Bali attacks.

Josh Nisbet: 6.5
Worked hard but difficult conditions clearly affected him. Probably was our most positive midfielder and was tireless all night.

Brad Tapp: 6
Broke up Bali's attacking play well and looked comfortable on the ball under pressure. Only criticism would be to move the ball forward instead of sideways or backwards but a good performance from a young player looking more and more confident at senior level with every appearence.

Mikael Doka: 2
Disappointing performance from Doka who slowed down our attack nearly everytime he recieved the ball. Playing further forward he offered little in the way of attack and seemed disintersted in defending and tracking back. Also, how many corners has he now taken that haven't gone past the first man? His free kick wasn't too far off the mark but we should frankly expect more from a visa player.

Ángel Torres: 3.5
Failed to consistently provide options in build up play and when given the ball often lost it or slowed the game to a crawl. Had a few exciting dribbles that went nowhere and needs to learn to be a team player. Should be commended for his defensive work rate towards the end of the match.

Marco Túlio: 6
Played some good passes and made some good runs but it is telling that our only assist today was by Faz. Clearly having difficulty gelling with Kuol/Torres and co. With some better control could have had a second goal. Great penalty after a long delay forced by the Bali players.

Alou Kuol: 6.5
Great finish for the goal, and showed that his killer instinct is returning with some regular game time. Got himself in good positions that were wasted by Doka/Torres/Theoharous. However, he struggled to really impose himself on the game and interplay with any of our other attackers is still lacking.

Substitutes:
Max Balard: 7
Had a good impact on the game when he came on at half time and was great at ensuring we moved the ball postively.
Christian Theoharous: 5
Had more of an impact then Doka but that isn't particuarly saying much. Provided some good energy but needs to learn when to try take on his man and when to pass.

Nico Duarte: 6
Pressed tirelessly in tough conditions for his 20 or so minutes and gave Bali's defenders something to think about. One needless foul and a speculative shot on goal would be my only real criticism.

Harry Steele: 4
Definetly seemed to struggle with the condtions and made a couple of unforced errors that put us under pressure. Not his best game in Mariners' colours.

Nathan Paull: 6
Did well in the limited game time given and did his job to repell Bali in the dying embers of the game.

Coach:
Mark Jackson: 7.5

Tactically set up decently and acknowledged Doka's defensive frailties by moving him forward, even if Doka himself didn't perform better. Had the courage to start Brad Tapp and was rewarded with a good performance.

Substitutes came at the right time and all had the required impact. I was worried when Hall was moved to right back but he performed admirably.

Only criticisms I would make would be the continued lack of cohesion from attacking players. The decision to have Kaltak up for corners instead of Hall which exposed Storm's lack of pace on counters. As well as our inability to control the ball after we went ahead both times.

While in many ways we were rather lucky to get out of Bali with the 3 points it is a rare feat for Australian clubs to do so and Jackson, the players and the club should be commended for it.
Pretty spot on though maybe a bit harsh giving Torres only 3.5-I would have given him 5 as he was more involved and did some good defensive work.Hall had a pretty good game so I would have given him a 6.5.Agree with Doka-he does not appear to be able to settle and probably should be let go in January.

booney

Duarte worked well and as a sub did what you expect a young player to do-press hard on the defenders and harry them into mistakes.

Meerkat

I just watched the replay after going to bed after Bali scored ?

Torres had a better game than I’ve seen previously.

Faz is bloody brilliant. Vuka was great.

Doka is useless. Wenzel-Halls, much better position for him. On the bench.

What a hard, horrid game. Hard to see the boys coming back from that in a hurry. So good to see them fight so bloody hard at the end. Definitely not pretty and still very fortunate to not concede. But full respect for a mighty fine effort.

Bring that home boys ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred