• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

Auburn Mariner

Brett & Michael,

I apologise if my post earlier in relation to dates of ACL games came across as being flippant or smart-a__e. That was NOT my intention, I just didn't think enough about my post as soon as I saw the question. I am also sick of smart-a__e posts on this forum, as has been mentioned in other threads.

In retrospect, I should have realised that the actual dates has been published months in advance and you were after the home-and-away fixture list.

On the fixtures, my roster is pretty good, I will put in a Leave Request for April 8 today, I am NOT missing home games in the ACL. I will be in party mode for the other two home games, I am not working on those days, so beach and black beers look great.

dru

With my current travel plans it looks like I will miss the home game against Kawasaki, but really need to talk to a travel agent about I want to do.

Either way I'm doing our first away game in Asia and the away game in Japan. :eek:verhead:

greenlion

serious14 said:
greenlion said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwqQdy773Ig

Beijing fans in Tianjin

Greenlion - from what I've read and what I was told during the Olympics, flares/fireworks were not permitted into stadiums upon threat of arrest??    Or was that purely an Olympics only rule, because there sure are a lot of flares in that video??

no it depends on laws of local government, obviously flares are not allowd in beijing stadiums, and whats more, in most of the cities, the stadiums could only open 80% of the whole capacity to CSL games due to safety thoughts

serious14

greenlion said:
no it depends on laws of local government, obviously flares are not allowd in beijing stadiums, and whats more, in most of the cities.

Are they allowed in Tianjin's stadium??  Or were those fans doing it illegally??

greenlion

serious14 said:
greenlion said:
no it depends on laws of local government, obviously flares are not allowd in beijing stadiums, and whats more, in most of the cities.

Are they allowed in Tianjin's stadium??   Or were those fans doing it illegally??

yes I think so, there is flames there in nearly every matches

john_kowolski

I assume that mariners members will get priority access to tickets at Bluetongue, similar to the HAL finals series?

Hopefully CCM organise ticketing similar to Adelaide last ACL campaign where a 'superpass' was sold which admitted to all 3 home games for the first round

Auburn Mariner

john_kowolski said:
I assume that mariners members will get priority access to tickets at Bluetongue, similar to the HAL finals series?

Hopefully CCM organise ticketing similar to Adelaide last ACL campaign where a 'superpass' was sold which admitted to all 3 home games for the first round

Counting on this.

serious14

greenlion said:
yes I think so, there is flames there in nearly every matches

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Where abouts is the TEDA in relation to Tianjin Railway Station??  That's about the only point of reference I know/bothered to take notice of in the city.

Deej

Auburn Mariner said:
john_kowolski said:

Counting on this.

It's in your membership pack that we'll get priority access to ACL tickets

brett

Auburn Mariner said:
Brett & Michael,

I apologise if my post earlier in relation to dates of ACL games came across as being flippant or smart-a__e. That was NOT my intention, I just didn't think enough about my post as soon as I saw the question. I am also sick of smart-a__e posts on this forum, as has been mentioned in other threads.

In retrospect, I should have realised that the actual dates has been published months in advance and you were after the home-and-away fixture list.

On the fixtures, my roster is pretty good, I will put in a Leave Request for April 8 today, I am NOT missing home games in the ACL. I will be in party mode for the other two home games, I am not working on those days, so beach and black beers look great.

No dramas big man. Good to hear you'll be able to make the home fixtures.

I'm in Egypt during match-day 2 so I was hoping for an away fixture that wasn't Japan to fall on that date...Yahtzee!!!

I can forseeably make all three home games and my preferred destination of Kawasaki.

Undoubtedly the Mariners will be expensive to follow through the finals this year with no NSW teams making it, so that will hurt the budget!!!

I'll be doing the big three of Queensland, Victoria, South Australia on the way to the Grand final, before doing UAE, Egypt and Japan in the next 15 or so weeks.

Sonic_beats_Mario

Well i do hope the Mariners do the 3 match superpass as a couple of ppl in my family will benefit as i will be missing the 1st game as i will be on tour somewhere in Canada. Its a shame the Steelers game was the one i wanted to see...

Oh well 2 out of 3 arent too bad i guess....

clarence

john_kowolski said:

And hopefully it will be better organised than the last GF, where the members were being TOLD that no seats were available in the preferred area, but had to settle for the most unpopular seats looking into the sun.

I can appreciate that there will be seats allocated to the FFA and the AFC, but I expect that the CCM members will be looked after, otherwise, what's the point of hanging in there with a membership that has little to show for it in terms of real priority? With mounting pressures on my spending money, the membership managers at the club had better make this ticket buying experience a good one. I am so sick of hearing about members getting sweet f**k all for the show of loyalty. IT'S PAY BACK TIME MARINERS, GIVE US SOME DECENT SEATS AND SOME PRIORITY.

jaypee

Deej said:
Auburn Mariner said:
john_kowolski said:

Counting on this.

It's in your membership pack that we'll get priority access to ACL tickets

There will be some kind of deal - Mack at the Mariners Memberships confirmed this for me today

jaypee

clarence said:
john_kowolski said:

And hopefully it will be better organised than the last GF, where the members were being TOLD that no seats were available in the preferred area, but had to settle for the most unpopular seats looking into the sun.

I can appreciate that there will be seats allocated to the FFA and the AFC, but I expect that the CCM members will be looked after, otherwise, what's the point of hanging in there with a membership that has little to show for it in terms of real priority? With mounting pressures on my spending money, the membership managers at the club had better make this ticket buying experience a good one. I am so sick of hearing about members getting sweet f**k all for the show of loyalty. IT'S PAY BACK TIME MARINERS, GIVE US SOME DECENT SEATS AND SOME PRIORITY.

CCM did not run ticketing for the finals series - FFA ran this

clarence

jaypee said:
clarence said:
john_kowolski said:

And who will be running the ticketing for this AFC campaign?

jaypee

clarence said:
jaypee said:
clarence said:
john_kowolski said:

And who will be running the ticketing for this AFC campaign?

Hopefully us and not FFA

clarence

Doubt it.

Also, I feel that the club should have done a hell of a lot more for folks on the Coast with last year's GF.

They didn't run buses into Sydney, that was organised, hurriedly, by the folks at the old Ticketek and the CCLC, even though the club knew ages beforehand that they had agreed to the move to Sydney for a home GF.

They didn't have any contingency plan even though they knew they were up for a moved GF.

The club didn't make any enquiries to CityRail about extra trains or separation of fans, in fact, a lot of those concerns were addressed more by the Marinators and the Squadron than the two clubs involved!

They did not communicate with the members anything about a public transport scheme either or make any promise to help us with ticketing.

The only priority we got, as members, was the special day to buy tickets - and that even ended in tears as folks were being shoved tickets to buy that were looking into the sun. (Even though the stadium was empty on the shadier side of the stadium!)

Sure, the ticket shit fight was probably due to the FFA wanting to sellout the side of the stadium that was going to be shown on Foxsports, but the club should have shown some balls and demanded a lot better for what we were dished up. If it's one thing I detest about the Mariners it's their unwillingness to speak up in public about issues and put the wind up the FFA a bit about some issues. Instead they play the humble small club hick they get treated as.

serious14

Clarence - if the tickets for Sydney's home games when they were in it are anything to go by, it will be a joint AFC/Club approach.  Not sure if things have changed since then......

clarence

serious14 said:
Clarence - if the tickets for Sydney's home games when they were in it are anything to go by, it will be a joint AFC/Club approach.  Not sure if things have changed since then......

Well, I hope they can do a better job with this ACL campaign than the past two GFs the Mariners have been involved in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred