• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

FFC Mariner

dru said:
Auburn Mariner said:
I don't quite understand the big push for buses to the Newcastle International Sports Centre & the Sydney Football Stadium. Both are near enough to major Railway Stations, with heaps of trains, that buses are almost redundant (great fun, though!!).

I would much rather see free train travel as part of your match ticket, like it is in QLD and we saw in Sydney during the Olympics and we get for numerous big events.

And the Easter Show................

dru

FFC Mariner said:
dru said:
Auburn Mariner said:
I don't quite understand the big push for buses to the Newcastle International Sports Centre & the Sydney Football Stadium. Both are near enough to major Railway Stations, with heaps of trains, that buses are almost redundant (great fun, though!!).

I would much rather see free train travel as part of your match ticket, like it is in QLD and we saw in Sydney during the Olympics and we get for numerous big events.

And the Easter Show................

Was one of the big events I was talking about :p

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Obviously, our home WCQ games dont count as big events............or the FFA wouldnt subsidise?

*checks match ticket for Uzbekistan*

"Price includes public transport".  :eek:

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
One of the 1st things MAF did when he took over Fulham was organise subsidised bus travel to away games. Simple but brilliant idea to boost away support.

An away season ticket followed (assume there is a small % rake off for the club here)

Lets face facts, CCM's marketing reach is far better than on here or the Marinators club as they have the membership lists to work with.

Would it be too hard for them to organise either train/bus travel to EAS/SFS during the regular season together with tickets etc?

You could even do a NSW "away" season ticket with optional travel too.

For away semi's the club must do more (some really) and an "official" travel club would be pretty damn simple to set up. If the organisation/ease was worth it, they could even charge a membership fee to cover costs.

This stuff is running a football club 101 and it would be fascinating to know why the club dont/cant/wont do it.
In the 80's when DUFC qualified regularly for Europe, after a few dodgy trips to eastern europe the club started to charter their own flights.The spare seats were made available to supporters with season ticket holders getting first option.

dru

FFC Mariner said:
Serious and Hutcho on the plane back............I'd pay extra for that :)

After a few cans on the plane I reckon they would both be singing hutcho hutcho man arm in arm.  :p

Actually the video I saw may of been serious arm in arm with hutcho, was hard to tell who was next to him.  ;D

serious14

dru said:
Actually the video I saw may of been serious arm in arm with hutcho, was hard to tell who was next to him.  ;D

Some lunatic not wearing a shirt...... no idea who it may have been.

Ranyen

sumo said:
I not a member so no priority for me, so I hope that I can get tickets for the home matches. I might try to get to the away match in Kawasaki.

Just ask a member you know if they can get an extra ticket for you. I think each member can get a maximum of about 4. Myself & my partner are members, and we only need 2, meaning we COULD purchase an extra 6 & sell them to non-members, just saying.....

dru

Is good for fox sports that neither ours or the jets games clash, also is one home game any given week.

brett

dru said:
Is good for fox sports that neither ours or the jets games clash, also is one home game any given week.

Although it would have been one hell of an F3 festival if two of the big clubs played down here on the same matchday.

john_kowolski

This email came through from CCM Membership dept. to I assume all members (cut out bits)

As a valued Mariners Member, you will be offered the chance to purchase a three-game ticket package during an exclusive priority purchase period details to be announced in the coming weeks.

To ensure that all information regarding AFC Champions League Memberships and ticketing reaches you, please ensure all of your personal details including e-mail, mailing address and phone contact details are updated with the Mariners Membership Department by sending an email to memberships@ccmariners.com.au or by calling 1300 767 442.

"With confirmation of the fixtures list for our debut AFC Champions League campaign, were now truly counting down the days before what will be a history making evening at Bluetongue Stadium on Wednesday, 11 March," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman .

Further exciting initiatives regarding the Mariners maiden journey into Asia will also be unveiled in the coming weeks, including the yellow and navys home and away playing strip for the campaign, official playing roster and trial match schedule.

"For the time being, we have our Hyundai A-League Premiership defence to focus on, but our Members and supporters can be assured that upon learning of this draw, our planning for the AFC Champions League has simply been drawn into sharper focus as our preparation to date has been meticulous and thorough.

So, it looks like members should be looked after, with prioirty access to a 3 game pass at Bluetongue. It didn't say if one membership has access to four tix, or if  current gold/platinum members will get their seat they had reserved for the HAL (I assume not)

dru

For those traveling away, when emailing the club to make sure my details were current I asked about away tickets.

In regards to away matches we have a few staff members away in Malaysia been briefed on the ACL so will have more information in regards to these matches once they return so will get back to you on that one.

So I guess watch this space as to what hoops we have to jump though to get them.

Alicia

dru said:
For those traveling away, when emailing the club to make sure my details were current I asked about away tickets.

In regards to away matches we have a few staff members away in Malaysia been briefed on the ACL so will have more information in regards to these matches once they return so will get back to you on that one.

So I guess watch this space as to what hoops we have to jump though to get them.

Ben Coonan the Mariners guru and resident genius is currently on holidays.

I'm sure on his return we'll be given some information.

FFC Mariner

Adz/Mods

Would it be an idea to set up a "travel" thread for the 3 away acl games? that way info can be shared and found easily?

loyalist

FFC Mariner said:
Adz/Mods

Would it be an idea to set up a "travel" thread for the 3 away acl games? that way info can be shared and found easily?
As a moderator in training I believe that would be a top idea

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred