• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

skilbeck

Davo said:
northernspirit said:
dibo said:
if we *weren't* to sign juninho, who should we sign?
could be something out of left field, someone like younas mahmood from the iraq team... not a massive name but one hell of a player, would rip it up in the a-league

I agree, watching the Asian Cup last year I noticed a lot of players who I believe would be awesome in the A-League. Perhaps not even as a marquee player but they could fill a couple of holes.  I loved watching the style of football Uzbekistan brought to the Asian Cup and a striker such as Maksim Shatskikh from Uzbekistan could be very classy.  I don't know a lot about him or where he is currently playing but just using him as an example of other options that could be considered.

I agree lets sign someone from Uzbekistan, possibly one of the most obscure countries in the world :p

skilbeck

Im guessing this silence from the club and complete lack of rumors about our signings mean we have something big planned

marinersman

skilbeck said:
Im guessing this silence from the club and complete lack of rumors about our signings mean we have something big planned

That's exactly how I'm thinking too.

We tend not to say anything to anybody until the deal's done.

skilbeck

well it beats sydney with their blab to everyone about every signing months in advance even the ones that fall through, like look at bridge and colostomy and how the country knew months in advance about that and theres also the scores of marquee players they tried to sign that fell through: Cocu, Robbie Fowler and John Aloisi before V3 being notable ones.

Look at us now. there might be the occasional rumor but nothing substantial to back it up, any rumors out there Lawrie then tends to deny. Then the club announces a "special press conference" or that they wish to unveil a new signing, at which stage I, like most others on the forum, wake up that morning like a kid on christmas and hear that a truly magnificient signing has been made by the club

marinersman

Agreed, No rumours, no fuss, no crap, no stuffing up deals.

It's our way and the best way to do it.

Are you reading flying circus? This is how it should be done.

skilbeck

i dont know why it is that everything gets out of there at Sydney, is someone from the media working on the inside or is it the more intense media scutiny of SFC, or do they just employ a bunch of blabbermouths that can't keep a secret if it was to save their lives

serious14

skilbeck said:
Davo said:
northernspirit said:
dibo said:
could be something out of left field, someone like younas mahmood from the iraq team... not a massive name but one hell of a player, would rip it up in the a-league

I agree, watching the Asian Cup last year I noticed a lot of players who I believe would be awesome in the A-League. Perhaps not even as a marquee player but they could fill a couple of holes.  I loved watching the style of football Uzbekistan brought to the Asian Cup and a striker such as Maksim Shatskikh from Uzbekistan could be very classy.  I don't know a lot about him or where he is currently playing but just using him as an example of other options that could be considered.

I agree lets sign someone from Uzbekistan, possibly one of the most obscure countries in the world :p

Are you dissin' on the Uzbeks??  They'll kick your arse!!!  :p

skilbeck

serious14 said:
skilbeck said:
Davo said:
northernspirit said:
dibo said:

Are you dissin' on the Uzbeks??   They'll kick your arse!!!  :p

Id prefer a good Turkmenistani or Tajik to an Uzbek not nearly obscure enough though for my choice of foreign player

skilbeck

DJ said:
well it won't be Juninho - McKinna has announced that today

He has announced previously that we wont be getting Aloisi or Heffernan in the days or weeks before we got them. So that wont kill the speculation

Tassiemariner

skilbeck said:
serious14 said:
skilbeck said:
Davo said:
northernspirit said:
dibo said:

Are you dissin' on the Uzbeks??   They'll kick your arse!!!  :p

Id prefer a good Turkmenistani or Tajik to an Uzbek not nearly obscure enough though for my choice of foreign player
Lets get a player from Guam or Bhutan or Antigua & Barbuda :p

On a more serious note, This Maxim Shatskikh guy last i heard was playing for Dynamo Kiev. They play in the champions league most years and have good money. Unlikely he'll give that up.

priorpeter

yep - still playing at dinamo. he's not bad - in the top 3 players in asia in '05.. 35 caps for usbekistan with 27 goals... good return

mustapha_beer

Leedsmariner said:
tyson said:
id sign griffiths... for the pure joy of watching the squadron and seeing how many of them post on here and seeing him score 14 goals for us...

i dont think any of the CCM boys like him though.

I don't think his mother likes him, rotten little c**t

Obviously, this is a hypothetical, since a player like Griffiths would only leave the Jets to go abroad - a move from any A-league club to another is really just a sideways one.......

.....all the same, just for arguments sake, would you really turn down the chance to sign one one of the leading strikers in the league....or boo him if he did turn out in a Mariners jersey....?

Just interested to know.....

finally retired

Dwight Yorke is on Total Football tonight......and has stated he wants to come back to the A-league....with Sydney, CCM and Roar as possible destinations.

finally retired

graaant said:
Sydney!?
HAHAH There really must be no salary cap for them!
I had a look on "their" forum and SFC are suggesting Yorke being a coach...that way they can write off between 30-50% as outside the team salary cap.....

graaant

almost retired said:
graaant said:
Sydney!?
HAHAH There really must be no salary cap for them!
I had a look on "their" forum and SFC are suggesting Yorke being a coach...that way they can write off between 30-50% as outside the team salary cap.....

I suppose that makes sense. It might be possible, however I doubt that it will happen. At least I hope.. it would be pretty ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred