• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

C

ccmariners21

Eguardo,
He would be cheap. Might be fit for next season. :-\

northernspirit

dibo said:
if we *weren't* to sign juninho, who should we sign?
could be something out of left field, someone like younas mahmood from the iraq team... not a massive name but one hell of a player, would rip it up in the a-league

northernspirit

fifa ban? dont know anything about that, maybe im getting the name mixedup - the striker from their asian cup team - tore teams apart

Tassiemariner

Younas Mahmood is on alot of money in Saudi Arabia IIRC.
Still i'd love to get somebody from an quarter final or better asian cup team.

northernspirit said:
dibo said:
could be something out of left field, someone like younas mahmood from the iraq team... not a massive name but one hell of a player, would rip it up in the a-league
Totally agree, their are many great players in asia with no name, lets watch the asian cup closely, and we might find one.
I totally agree that we need a attacking player, more of a creater than a scorer. As Sasho is a good poacher and Matty Simon I think will really shine.
Nik Mrdja is he stays fit, will be the best striker in the league i believe, but thats if he stays fit.

MattSimon

How about the other Griffiths brother? Isn't there one who isn't a twin, doesn't punch nuts and is actually a good bloke knockin about in Europe somewhere?

tyson

id sign griffiths... for the pure joy of watching the squadron and seeing how many of them post on here and seeing him score 14 goals for us...

i dont think any of the CCM boys like him though.

Leedsmariner

tyson said:
id sign griffiths... for the pure joy of watching the squadron and seeing how many of them post on here and seeing him score 14 goals for us...

i dont think any of the CCM boys like him though.

I don't think his mother likes him, rotten little c**t

fishmum

I think we should spend our Marquee money on bring a decent referee to the A-League.

hear hear!!!!! I'm all for that!..... one that doesn't cheat would be nice!...

I'm thinking Viduka would be a good Marquee player to take Johnnys place.....
he knows what to do in front of goals.... the only thing that bothers me, is he could be a little slow... but I think he is getting fed up with sitting on the bench in the Uk, and may like to return home?...
And he would be good for when we go to Asia...

yes Viduka would do me fine....

Arabmariner

fishmum said:
I think we should spend our Marquee money on bring a decent referee to the A-League.

hear hear!!!!! I'm all for that!..... one that doesn't cheat would be nice!...

I'm thinking Viduka would be a good Marquee player to take Johnnys place.....
he knows what to do in front of goals.... the only thing that bothers me, is he could be a little slow... but I think he is getting fed up with sitting on the bench in the Uk, and may like to return home?...
And he would be good for when we go to Asia...

yes Viduka would do me fine....
Viduka won,t come back yet but when he does he,ll go to Melbourne I reckon.

~Floss~

If you're gonna have one player who the opposition see as a standout threat, it needs to be someone quick and mobile so it opens the game up, not someone they'll just climb all over.

I'm leaning towards creative CM being better value than target-man striker or CF

Davo

northernspirit said:
dibo said:

I agree, watching the Asian Cup last year I noticed a lot of players who I believe would be awesome in the A-League. Perhaps not even as a marquee player but they could fill a couple of holes.  I loved watching the style of football Uzbekistan brought to the Asian Cup and a striker such as Maksim Shatskikh from Uzbekistan could be very classy.  I don't know a lot about him or where he is currently playing but just using him as an example of other options that could be considered.

Omni

MattSimon said:
How about the other Griffiths brother? Isn't there one who isn't a twin, doesn't punch nuts and is actually a good bloke knockin about in Europe somewhere?

Well he's not good, but the rest of it is right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred