• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2024/2025 Memberships

turbo

If they do it will be some very lean years which will test clubs in the next 2 to 4 years. Clubs can cop a bad year but multiple bad years will be a different story.
They've got to run on fumes and still try to position themselves for a decent next deal while on an obscure streaming service and FTA partner with questionable commitment. Big ask.

JoyfulPenguin

Tried Mate, their NBN is terrible, spent a month with no internet and had very poor experiences with their customer service. leading to an Ombudsman complaint. Their only compensation was $8 of credit, and when my wife runs an e-commerce business it is wildly insufficient.

Still have their mobile though and it's a good service as it's just Telstra.

Wombat

Speaking of sponsors...

Some years back Mrs Alleet? wanted a new car, so I said: You should get a Hyundai.

Why? she replied, I like Mazdas.

Because Hyundai are the A League sponsors and we ought to support them.

I talked her into it, so we went down to the dealership in West Gosford, looked around the yard, and she decided she'd test drive whatever their top of the range SUV was (Santa Fe, perhaps?).

The guy in the showroom could not have been less interested. He eventually found a set of keys for us and sent us on our way. And after ten mins or so, Mrs A decided she liked the car and would get one.

We went back to the store to be greeted with further indifference. The bloke had no social skills at all - let alone sales skills - in fact, he seemed like someone who'd just got out of prison and was being given a chance by his brother in law. A chance he didn't want...

We literally tried to help him sell us a car but he wouldn't take Yes for an answer. Bizarre.

A week later, Mrs A had a new Mazda.
Perhaps you mean North Gosford rather than West Gosford.....otherwise you were hung over and in the wrong car yard and the Ford sales rep was understandably reluctant to sell you a Santa Fe.

I'm currently driving a Hyundai Palisade which is a nice car but i defo prefer the Jag F Pace i traded but my wife told me its smart to be pragmatic and drive debt free and get a wanky korean car (she didnt say the last bit tbh) Maybe i wont get another Jag as they are on some Electric car wankfest.

Any suggestions for the new Wombatmobile will be gratefully received. I have an itchy accelerator foot.

priorpeter

Perhaps you mean North Gosford rather than West Gosford.....otherwise you were hung over and in the wrong car yard and the Ford sales rep was understandably reluctant to sell you a Santa Fe.

I'm currently driving a Hyundai Palisade which is a nice car but i defo prefer the Jag F Pace i traded but my wife told me its smart to be pragmatic and drive debt free and get a wanky korean car (she didnt say the last bit tbh) Maybe i wont get another Jag as they are on some Electric car wankfest.

Any suggestions for the new Wombatmobile will be gratefully received. I have an itchy accelerator foot.
West gossy, north gossy - it’s much of a muchness.
Having driven both ICE and EVs for the last few years, EVs (particularly teslas) come out on top for me in every aspect.
If you’re stuck on an ICE or hybrid tho, Volvo, Kia, Mitsubishi all do decent SUVs in that range. Some real good hybrids coming out.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Just bought a new SsangYong Rexton, seats 7, 3.5T towing, proper 4WD underpinnings and has heaps of standard equipment for under $60k. Might not be the most sexy or trendy vehicle but it’ll do most of what other much more expensive competitors can do for sensible money. Plus it comes with 7 years warranty, roadside assistance and capped price servicing. Good choice if you’re not badge conscious

priorpeter

Just bought a new SsangYong Rexton, seats 7, 3.5T towing, proper 4WD underpinnings and has heaps of standard equipment for under $60k. Might not be the most sexy or trendy vehicle but it’ll do most of what other much more expensive competitors can do for sensible money. Plus it comes with 7 years warranty, roadside assistance and capped price servicing. Good choice if you’re not badge conscious
The Rextons go hard, good choice

Admittedly we did have a moment sliding out in the wet on the way to Jets away in one but eventually came good. The Fast and the Furious- Ourimbah Drift

Last edited:

Allreet?

No, no ... it was erm ... a Hyundai pop-up at West Gosford.

An itchy accelerator foot needs a bit of zip. My (manual) Audi has excellent zip but it's not a very useful car, depending on what you need it for. I love the turbo but don't get to use it often - going up steep hills is fun.

Ancient Mariner

With your itchy accelerator foot I suggest you do yourself a favour and whatever car you pick take the hybrid option.
All Le Mans hypercarrs and F1 cars are hybrid for a reason.
It will not hurt your hip pocket at the bowser either.

turbo

With your itchy accelerator foot I suggest you do yourself a favour and whatever car you pick take the hybrid option.
Most consumer hybrids dont work the way you're implying, it's one power source or the other not both together for more power. (Edit - there's a little more nuance than that but it's not electric power + petrol power = total power). That's more common at the very expensive end of the market. Full electric is the answer for insane acceleration at reasonable prices.

Last edited:

Wombat

I have zero interest in an EV after driving a couple. Tesla was alarmingly spartan, like something you could buy from Ikea with an IPAD glued on. The Lexus was much better appointed and equally quick but I'm not interested in charging my car at night and resale value on an EV is an issue. Hybrid is defo an option AM.

VonBowellski

I have an Audi Q5 that has a small electric hybrid/motor mainly used for take off at traffic lights etc, quite fun and nimble but I really guess it comes down to what size car you want/need?

Ancient Mariner

Most consumer hybrids dont work the way you're implying, it's one power source or the other not both together for more power. (Edit - there's a little more nuance than that but it's not electric power + petrol power = total power). That's more common at the very expensive end of the market. Full electric is the answer for insane acceleration at reasonable prices.
Consumer hybrids do work that way.
Electric gets you started, this is where the fuel savings are, then switches to petrol when rolling.
Both motors kick in if you put your foot down.
Test drive the same model vehicle in hybrid and plain ice configuration on Moony hill if you can arrange it if you need convincing.
Hybrid is more expensive but I have calculated, with my driving in a Rav 4, I will be in front economically after 5 years.

A pure electric will drag off everything if you want that sort of fun. Great for a town car and extremely economical if you have solar panels on your roof and use the excess power going back in the grid (for a pittance return) to charge it.
My wife drives a Kona ev. In over a year (11,000k) we have not spent a penny to run it.

Ancient Mariner

I have zero interest in an EV after driving a couple. Tesla was alarmingly spartan, like something you could buy from Ikea with an IPAD glued on. The Lexus was much better appointed and equally quick but I'm not interested in charging my car at night and resale value on an EV is an issue. Hybrid is defo an option AM.
While electric will be the future, at the moment, we are in a transition period and one size does not suit all.
Personally trade in values for me do not come into play, I buy cars new and keep them until things start to seriously wear out, usually 10 to 12 years.

I will replace the Rev with an ev when:
They make a medium size one with some fair off road capability,
that will take 350kw fast charge,
and when there are a lot more 350kw public chargers outside the cities that are not exclusively Tesla.
Probably 5 to 10 years when hopefully the prices will also be more comparable.

Meerkat

If you’re stuck on an ICE or hybrid tho, Volvo, Kia, Mitsubishi all do decent SUVs in that range. Some real good hybrids coming out.
We bought a Toyota Kleuger hybrid last year and are very happy with it. I wanted the Santa Fe but the Kleuger was cheaper and after research, a better car.
Would never go back to a non hybrid.
Would also never buy a full EV and apologies if I offend everybody but all EV owners appear to be wankers 🙈

Last edited:

bikinigirl

. to continue the off season thread jacking ... I joined the Hundy club last year, well after their sponsorship of the league ended - but we tend to hang on to our cars if we can

. Wombles, if you want an 'affordable' hoon car with an ICE I am enjoying the N car

. problem is if you're also looking for an SUV, the N SUV is compact and full EV as well as being the most expensive Hundy ever - but I reckon it'd be fun

... or if you feel the need to go up-market Korean you could consider the Genesis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred