• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

Arabmariner

hasbeen said:
Muse - Knights of Cydonia .. bit early Queenish .. so not bad
Funny you say that.

I got curious the other night mainly due to Serious posts about Muse and had a look at a few youtube vids and thought the same thing.

Arabmariner

Foriegnmariner said:
You guys need to check out United State of Eurasia by Muse
There most queen-influenced song especially from 1:00 onwards.
Just checked this out........brilliant imo.

It's original and Queen influenced at the same time if that makes sense ?

A heavily Queen influenced rock song which finishes with a Chopin piano nocturne.......only real talent could make that work !

tuftman

Arabmariner said:
Foriegnmariner said:
You guys need to check out United State of Eurasia by Muse
There most queen-influenced song especially from 1:00 onwards.
Just checked this out........brilliant imo.

It's original and Queen influenced at the same time if that makes sense ?

A heavily Queen influenced rock song which finishes with a Chopin piano nocturne.......only real talent could make that work !

Ohh it makes sense, they're the most brilliant band I've ever listened to

serious14

Arabmariner said:

Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V91sQozzFgc&feature=PlayList&p=A2DB5AE71AE9AFCF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14 - he's heavily influenced/inspired by Rachmaninov and Chopin when it comes to his piano work.

Muse - Uprising

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:

Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V91sQozzFgc&feature=PlayList&p=A2DB5AE71AE9AFCF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14 - he's heavily influenced/inspired by Rachmaninov and Chopin when it comes to his piano work.

Muse - Uprising
A very talented guy.

So if you were going to advise a first timer on which Muse album to buy which would it be ?

Not a compilation though.

Tassiemariner

I would suggest Black Holes & Revelations, there last and most commercially successful album.
Has Knights of Cydonia on it which you seemed to enjoy.

Absolution is a good place to start also.

serious14

Foriegnmariner said:
I would suggest Black Holes & Revelations, there last and most commercially successful album.
Has Knights of Cydonia on it which you seemed to enjoy.

Absolution is a good place to start also.

Absolution first, then Black Holes and Revelations.

;D

The Living End - Raise The Alarm

tuftman

I'd say just start at the beginning(Showbiz), and work your way from there.

Brennan, just quietly, IMHO thats one of their best songs, yet never gets the recognition it deserves

Arabmariner

Thanks for confusing me then boys !

I'm in the process of replacing most of my old vinyl collection on cd.I get most of them through Amazon UK since you can't get a lot of them here and cd's are sooooo cheap there compared to here.

I'll chuck a couple of Muse albums on there.Maybe the new one and something else.
serious14 said:
The Living End - Raise The Alarm
It's a while ago, 2001 I think , but I saw them supporting AC/DC the last time they were here.

Thought they were pretty crap although they did seem to have a few fans in the crowd.

Arabmariner

Went out and bought Muse.....The Resistance and Absolution yesterday.

It's a long time since I've been so impressed with a band on the first listen.

Exogenesis:Symphony parts 1,2 & 3 is a masterpiece.How this guy blends modern rock music with classical style piano and makes it work is just superb.

Any old rockers out there who,like me,despaired of modern music (doof doof, boy bands and girlies miming) should have a listen......faith in the younger generation has been restored  ;D

Still to listen to absolution  :)

serious14

;D ;D ;D

Man, that's awesome.  If this was Facebook, I'd click the "like" button right about now - always good to have another convert on board.

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman

Sean

Part_Timer said:
new muse = fail

New single feels to me like a rehash of their old songs and lyrical direction. Haven't heard this rifftastic 3 song masterpeice but.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred