• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

FFC Mariner

If found guilty, I hope Marlon goes away for it, worthy of an NRL player really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8326381.stm

Footballer 'broke woman's nose'

A Premier League footballer broke a woman's nose with a single punch after saying, "Don't you know who I am? I am a millionaire", a jury has been told.

Wigan Athletic striker Marlon King, 29, also "sexually touched" the woman, 20, London's Southwark Crown Court heard.

The attack in a Soho bar after she had rejected his advances was a piece of "gratuitous" violence, jurors heard.

Mr King, a married father-of-three, denies sexual assault by touching and causing actual bodily harm.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was injured by Mr King at the Soho Revue Bar in December, the court was told.

Marlon King took one step backward and smashed her in the face with a clenched fist
Roger Daniells-Smith, prosecuting

On the night of the incident, she had been with a group of "sporty type" friends.

Another footballer and sports journalist were also there, but Mr King was not part of the group.

Describing the alleged touching by the accused, Roger Daniells-Smith, prosecuting, said: "They were complete strangers to each other.

"It was not an accidental brushing or innocent contact that occasionally happens in crowded bars. This was deliberate and sexual."

The woman responded by saying: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me."

Women 'recoiled'

Mr King then turned his attention to other women in the party, the court heard.

Mr Daniells-Smith said: "They, too, recoiled from his touching them and told him very clearly to stop behaving in this manner."

The prosecution alleges that Mr King simply turned his attention back to the eventual victim.

Describing that exchange, Mr Daniells-Smith said that Mr King began: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire."

The court heard that his alleged victim replied by saying: "I don't care who you are, take your millionaire self away from our table".

He was given further warnings but continued to stroke the woman's hair and then allegedly told her that she was not in his league.

After she pushed him in the chest, Mr King responded with the punch, the court was told.

Mr Daniells-Smith said: "At that moment Marlon King took one step backward and smashed her in the face with a clenched fist. He broke her nose with the blow.

"It was a completely gratuitous piece of violence against a slightly-built female.

"It was unprovoked and could not have been an act of lawful self-defence."

Mr King, on loan at Hull City at the time, claims he has been mistakenly identified as the assailant.

The trial continues.

David Votoupal

Everton have been without Arteta and Pienaar, while Bilyaletdinov didn't play at Bolton- that's three of our creative forces absent. Looks like a meh season on the cards if we don't pick up soon.

David Votoupal

And the latest on Marlon King:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223989/He-play-Wigan-chief-Dave-Whelan-lashes-jailed-Marlon-King.html

FFC Mariner

What a nice guy - love Whelan denying he knew anything about it lol (From the BBC)

Whelan explained how King had kept the club in the dark about the most recent, and most severe misdemeanour.

"It's been kept quite secret by the player. We knew he did something but we didn't know exactly what it was. When you read how serious it was, I mean striking a girl and breaking her nose and messing about like that, we didn't realise the severity of what was happening here.

"We knew he'd been charged with something but I was shocked by what he had actually done and I was shocked by the sentence. But if he deserves it then he's got to do it.

"I sat down with Marlon at the start of the season and said 'Marlon, if you want to play for Wigan Athletic you've got to settle down, train hard and go on the field and give your best.

"He never mentioned anything about this case and he promised me that he was going to train hard and he actually has trained hard, I have to say that.

A least he had a good reason for being out in a nightclub on the pull

King, believed to earn around 25,000 a week, was celebrating his wife's pregnancy

serious14

Headline of the day from football365.com:

"CROUCH KEEN TO FIND HOLE IN ARSE DEFENCE".

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

TerrigalUtd

David Votoupal said:
Everton have been without Arteta and Pienaar, while Bilyaletdinov didn't play at Bolton- that's three of our creative forces absent. Looks like a meh season on the cards if we don't pick up soon.

As long as Cahill is playing, we will always have a chance of doing well.

dibo

watching fulham v liverpool.

zamora scored for fulham (f**king zamora of all people!), and torres has had one half-chance which he absolutely belted home. ridiculous player.

1-1 at the break.

dibo

fulham have just gone up 2-1. torres has been taken off for babel, there's no gerrard, it's a hard road back.

dibo

now benayoun is off, and degen's just been marched. wtf? liverpool are a shambles in all sorts of ways at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred