• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Seeing the back of Charlesworth

Will you back MC to the end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marinermick

We have a multi-million dollar proposal that will potentially change the trajectory of the club and forever change the aesthetic and look of Gosford waterfront and we don’t have any consultation with council about it, we don’t give any heads up to councillors or the mayor that It is coming and we make no provisions that these proposals get looked at beyond a couple government workers sitting behind a desk. Just plain dumb.

Wombat

I’ll be addressing mine to the mayor and another to state and federal members.

As for Best or some of the others people don’t know who most of them are. I don’t know anyone under 40 who does unless they’ve been screwed in some way by them. Otherwise they’re mostly an inconvenience we need to vote for and I assume they’re there for their own interests.

I have written to Jane Smith (Dept Mayor) Maybe someone more articulate than me could ring the Mayor and some other councillors and discuss.

Shaun Mielekamp

And here lies the problem. We have been really bad with our relationships with government since MC took over. We have been bad at playing the game, criticised council in the media and then get upset when our plans are not heard.

If we had such a good plan like Ozhammer says then why didn’t we ensure it got into the councillors’ hands? Where was the lobbying? Where was the meetings? What have we done to ensure we had some sort of read of the situation before we spent all our resources devising these plans? Why did we just choose to do these plans on our own without any council consultation or working with them?

Then we get upset when we submit a plan to some bean counters behind a desk, make no provisions for these plans to be considered by the councillors, and then it doesn’t get debated at a higher level.

In the old days we were fantastic at lobbying all levels of government and got things. Heck we were even given free land at Tuggerah because we had a councillor on our board. We constantly invited our politicians to events, our owners had meetings with them, they had coffee, they included them in plans, and they made them part of the journey.

What has MC done? Ignored them and slagged them off in the media.

Was it even a surprise we got this result? Total amateur hour.
Hi Mick, this is where you need to understand the process at hand.
We approached and spoke to almost all Councillors prior to their elections and have sort their insights and feedback. All Councillors we spoke to had said like anything else that comes across their desk, submit the application and go through the correct channels. We did that and the moment you make an unsolicited submission you are then not permitted to lobby and have to remain confidential in your dealing with everyone at council to allow the process to have the correct governance and integrity process applied. No one would want a rushed decision pushed through by Councillors to then only have false accusations of corruption or poor governance.

So we played by the rules and the followed the procedure with every expectation that at the right time the genuine opportunity that this presented to council and the savings and benefits for the council and community would make it to council chambers for debate, analysis, criticism and review.

But the process stopped that from happening and the only other avenue then was once the process was finalised I could then send to them directly.

If you feel this was "amateur hour" then that's your opinion of which I disagree. The old days you referred to are gone and please consider the long term baggage that came with the lobbying styles of the old days, those days are gone and those politicians who won votes that way are no longer as well.

Shaun Mielekamp

We have a multi-million dollar proposal that will potentially change the trajectory of the club and forever change the aesthetic and look of Gosford waterfront and we don’t have any consultation with council about it, we don’t give any heads up to councillors or the mayor that It is coming and we make no provisions that these proposals get looked at beyond a couple government workers sitting behind a desk. Just plain dumb.
Mick you thinking we are that stupid is just plain dumb. The mayor was at our corporate launch. My email to them was to make sure they knew of the outcomes of a proposal that everyone in the whole coast knew was happening.
Please try and make more appropriate comments.

Insertnamehere

Hi Mick, this is where you need to understand the process at hand.
We approached and spoke to almost all Councillors prior to their elections and have sort their insights and feedback. All Councillors we spoke to had said like anything else that comes across their desk, submit the application and go through the correct channels. We did that and the moment you make an unsolicited submission you are then not permitted to lobby and have to remain confidential in your dealing with everyone at council to allow the process to have the correct governance and integrity process applied. No one would want a rushed decision pushed through by Councillors to then only have false accusations of corruption or poor governance.

So we played by the rules and the followed the procedure with every expectation that at the right time the genuine opportunity that this presented to council and the savings and benefits for the council and community would make it to council chambers for debate, analysis, criticism and review.

But the process stopped that from happening and the only other avenue then was once the process was finalised I could then send to them directly.

If you feel this was "amateur hour" then that's your opinion of which I disagree. The old days you referred to are gone and please consider the long term baggage that came with the lobbying styles of the old days, those days are gone and those politicians who won votes that way are no longer as well.
I don't know much about the council but there's good evidence that brown paper bags at state and federal level work wonders.

pjennings

Those lobbying styles got $10m for the CoE didn't they?

That was a regional grant that suddenly disappeared and became a regional grant for Tony Abbot's regional electorate to upgrade Brookvale Oval. Similar to the regional grant that went to North Sydney pool.

Must be the Sydney region

Josho Howe

This is an interesting and positive read

So who had Zac Anderson and Kaz Patafta owning an A-League club?

Also, a part owner of Rayo Vallecano is interested

marinermick

Ironbark

Fingers crossed indeed. We are on the verge of not existing. I can see that Shaun et al are throwing absolutely everything at keeping us going and that is reassuring (cheers mate).
Articles like this provide hope too.

FFC Mariner

pjennings

scottmac

Suspended
Mick you thinking we are that stupid is just plain dumb. The mayor was at our corporate launch. My email to them was to make sure they knew of the outcomes of a proposal that everyone in the whole coast knew was happening.
Please try and make more appropriate comments.
It would really help if you guys had ANY runs on the board in looking like an organisation that knows what it's doing. Perceptions often kill in this regard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami