• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 22 - Nix @ CCS

turbo

I watched Jair pretty closely after the recent discussion and thought he was doing the right things even before the goal. Should have had the penalty IMO and made some runs that went unrewarded including a nice one splitting the two CBs only to never get a through ball sent. Hopefully he gets more minutes.

On the goals Rowles made the same mistake twice (that was his man not Clisby's IMO) and Kim was caught out badly on the third one too. I blame Ziggy & Kim as much as Miller for the one that wasnt from a free kick since there was no sliding in the back line when the run looked dangerous pretty quickly.

It was worrying seeing how slowly we do things in the midfield outside the last 20 minutes. There were plenty of times where it felt like DDS was our only player going full speed in the middle. We know Nisbet can do it but it wasnt there yesterday and Stensness wasnt his best on the ball either. Why can't we start like the 60 minutes plus team? We might get something done then.

turbo

He does it alright. He does one or two things okay but is not A-league material. Unfortunately there is nobody better.
I think he's ok but can't be the core/leader of our back line. Pair him with a proper experienced CB to steer the ship and I'd be a lot more comfortable with our back line and it would give some depth in case of injury. I didnt think it would an option to have both but with Rowles drop in form he might need to drop in to a back up role or battle Clisby for LB if we play a back 4.

We've been using Kim mostly as a CB anyway so the spot and money should be there to have both.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It appears that I need to stay the f**k away ...soon as went to leave last night , got down the stairs at the back,of railway stand , the boys bloody scored ...so this whole time , it’s been me ...f**k !

Ozhammer

Ziggy is the best of our defenders.
I get why you say that Wombat but we’re grading on a pretty low curve aren’t we? As has already been said, if we had an experienced quality CB, we could move Ziggy to RB, which is the position he was supposedly signed for.

I am personally prepared to cut Miller some slack, as the kid is a CB being asked to play RB, so it’s square peg round hole stuff. I would be happy to see him as the right hand CB in a back 3 though.

Reflecting on yesterday’s game, I don’t feel that Staj got the tactics right, 5 in defence left us light in midfield at times, allowing Nux players to find spaces between the lines too easily. Also with that many players in the back line, there seemed to be too much confusion as to who should have been picking up who, so it actually worked against us imo.

As for our attack, there seems to be no plan at all in the front third and whilst good attackers can potentially play free range in that area of the park, we don’t have that calibre of player on the pitch. So it just becomes a clusterf*ck, which more often than not results in us wasting the chance or turning over possession.

This situation simply cannot continue and something needs to change.

Ironbark

The question keeps arising - is Staj getting the tactics wrong, are the players just too many square pegs in round holes (this is true regardless) or are the players we have just not capable of completing a quality 90 mins without mistakes (also true)

As the players are clearly deficit - is Staj using them the best way he can? Is he playing to the strengths of the cattle we have or trying his systems on them regardless? I'm willing to bet they pull it off in training then it's a gamble to see if they can in the pressure cooker of a real game. Results are obvious. hence constantly changing formation/tactics.

We really need Staj to be able to fill the 10 free spots next season with a clear philosophy in mind, a detailed and extensive preseason to drill them and embed it and then it'll come down to trusting each other and grit

AuzDutchy

The question keeps arising - is Staj getting the tactics wrong, are the players just too many square pegs in round holes (this is true regardless) or are the players we have just not capable of completing a quality 90 mins without mistakes (also true)

As the players are clearly deficit - is Staj using them the best way he can? Is he playing to the strengths of the cattle we have or trying his systems on them regardless? I'm willing to bet they pull it off in training then it's a gamble to see if they can in the pressure cooker of a real game. Results are obvious. hence constantly changing formation/tactics.

We really need Staj to be able to fill the 10 free spots next season with a clear philosophy in mind, a detailed and extensive preseason to drill them and embed it and then it'll come down to trusting each other and grit

What is his philosophy? Because he seems to set us up each week based on negating the opponent (unsuccessfully) and when we finally get the ball nobody knows what to do with it. Our attackers float around the whole front 3rd and nobody knows where anyone is meant to be.

These are his tactics, he sends them out each week to do this

Reactions: Ads

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Every time I watch that first goal, it makes me laugh even harder. You don't even expect that sort of defending at NPL level.
Mate, when I played in the juniors I was never much chop. I was in the Cs and Ds a few times. A grade later, but no matter.

Even in those lower grades, so often I see defending by this team that is so poor that 'utterly incompetent' is kind - defending that is so incredibly bad, that if we put that shit on in U/14 D grade football, we'd have been doing laps after the game in punishment.

There wasn't even an effort to defend. There wasn't even a pretense of an effort to defend. Some of our defenders completely disgraced themselves in that game. And some of them do it far, far more frequently than Jair and Murray do up the other end of the pitch.

soccer mad

Football Is Not A Complicated game Staj play us to our strengths and breath some desire and passion in this team . It's interesting when you have lost interest as a supporter in your own team start making observations and comparisons. Talay vs Staj Talay up most of game driving team ,player respecting command , has confidence in his team, his team compact and organized vs Staj worried look on face not brimming with confidence at times confused ,team completely unorganized not compact through transition not prepared to make big decision Duric was long of a stride and should of been replaced early it took a Simon to start barking energy into the team , so for mine this one leans on Staj. Im past worrying about a result as a spectator but this team seems accept it as well .

Forum Phoenix

I watched Jair pretty closely after the recent discussion and thought he was doing the right things even before the goal. Should have had the penalty IMO and made some runs that went unrewarded including a nice one splitting the two CBs only to never get a through ball sent. Hopefully he gets more minutes.

On the goals Rowles made the same mistake twice (that was his man not Clisby's IMO) and Kim was caught out badly on the third one too. I blame Ziggy & Kim as much as Miller for the one that wasnt from a free kick since there was no sliding in the back line when the run looked dangerous pretty quickly.

It was worrying seeing how slowly we do things in the midfield outside the last 20 minutes. There were plenty of times where it felt like DDS was our only player going full speed in the middle. We know Nisbet can do it but it wasnt there yesterday and Stensness wasnt his best on the ball either. Why can't we start like the 60 minutes plus team? We might get something done then.

Exactly how I saw things.

Tevor

Compare us to the Nux, in the backs they have big and experienced CB’s and that helps the likes of Cacace who I think is a pretty good player now and he showed Miller what he needs to aspire to. Our backs just don’t even compare to half theirs. The mid field they have the diving Mexican and Ball, two very experienced mids. We have a headless DDS and slow Milan who actually set up most of the first half chances without him we wouldn’t have had a shot on goal in the first half. Again they are head and shoulders above us with talent and experience. Up front they had a fat bloke who made our backs look inept. We had Harold playing out of position and he did well to create what small chances he did leading the line by himself. We were never going to win and every other team has better players and structure by a long way. Have we forgotten we fluked some wins early on and now all the other teams are settled we look as bad as we are. We play overs just to lose by a couple of goals because on paper we probably should get smashed by 5 every week and unfortunately we are getting close to that now. For me Staj has next season to try and balance the team with youth and experience and have them playing their actual positions. I never thought finals this year and we are now where we deserve to be with the squad we have. Most of us just couldn’t accept it at the start of the season but we all knew our short comings from very early on. We will not win again this season as we don’t have the team or players now everybody else has stepped up. Victory must be so happy we are in the comp, they have the same issues but a few more better players.

RIP season 2019/20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami